565 replies to this topic

#151 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Um yeah, go to bed.Useless troll is obvious. Do you even watch the Canucks? oh yeah, you[re too poor to afford cable

Sarcasm detector is so broken.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#152 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,286 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yes Raymond! :towel:

307mg00.jpg

#153 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

POPULAR

Please go and watch this Snipe.

Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#154 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Raymond doesn't get PP time anymore. AV took him off after the 09-10 season.

Oh, definitely an anomaly. The 10-11 year only involved 2 broken hands and a center who suddenly refused to pass, so that wouldn't affect Raymond's goal total. Oh, and that broken back? Nah, that doesn't mean anything, that wouldn't hamper your ability to move in any way either.

Riviera, your contribution to CDC is minimal too - you just hate on players that the media likes to discuss in a negative manner. Where are YOU a good fit? You seem to like big, tough players and solid goaltending, hey, the Bruins might be the team for you!

He was on the powerplay tonight, so what are you talking about?
I guess I struck another nerve with you LoB, aside from attacking me, what exactly is your contribution to this forum? For that matter what is anybodies contribution? This is a message board where people post their opinions, I am terribly sorry that my opinions happen to differ from yours. We cannot all be cheerleaders like yourself.

#155 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

People like to use the back injury as an excuse but people forget he was terrible in the year leading up to the back injury.

People also like to forget that when Raymond came back from said back injury he was quite stellar for a few games then regressed back to his useless way.

Yes, you're right. That however, would be the year he was recovering from a broken hand.
Posted Image

#156 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3oT5oQskd4

Someone referred to this play as the puck "Squirting" out to Raymond which shows how much these "haters" actually watch or comprehend the game.

I have been just as frustrated as some with Raymond but I am completely onboard with the Canucks giving him a year to bounceback after the injury. Scoring 25 goals in this league wasn't a fluke and the Canucks clearly believe he can get back to that level or it will be time to cut losses.

Maybe some of you "haters" should let us know your storied hockey backgrounds and your capability to assess talent so we can take the crap you write seriously. Jim Lahey??? Ever wear skates? Coach???
Posted Image

#157 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Perfect positioning, perfect placement and velocity. Great goal, GIVE US MORE MORE MORE!!!!
Posted Image

#158 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Perfect positioning, perfect placement and velocity. Great goal, GIVE US MORE MORE MORE!!!!

I'm not Raymond's biggest fan but this is a very nice goal, without a doubt.

I truly hope he does get better.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 25 January 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#159 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

He was on the powerplay tonight, so what are you talking about?
I guess I struck another nerve with you LoB, aside from attacking me, what exactly is your contribution to this forum? For that matter what is anybodies contribution? This is a message board where people post their opinions, I am terribly sorry that my opinions happen to differ from yours. We cannot all be cheerleaders like yourself.

I'm talking about your last post, where you claimed that Raymond got regular minutes of the PP or something. He stopped playing on the PP after the SCF, and sure, he got some minutes last night, but that's because Kesler and Booth is out.

Hey, well, if it is your opinion that Raymond is not contributing, and that your conclusion is based on said opinion, why can't I do the same? We have enough people like you on CDC as it is.

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image

#160 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Raymond's speed and skill make him a good 3rd or 4th line player playing against the opposition 3rd defensive pair. He can also help in the PK and PP and he maygivethe Canucks the much needed occasional secondary scoring when the top two lines have an off day. But at present Raymond will only cripple the 2nd line. The 2nd line looks much better and dangerous with Burrows, Hansen and Higgins. Just let Raymond work his way up to the 2nd line if AV and MG think he is capable. For good teams, all players have to play and earn their spot and time on ice.

#161 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,916 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

POPULAR

Maybe some of you "haters" should let us know your storied hockey backgrounds and your capability to assess talent so we can take the crap you write seriously. Jim Lahey??? Ever wear skates? Coach???

Jim is an expert on "soft". You might remember a couple of years ago, he created a thread titled something like "An opinion from a 30 year fan", or something along those lines.

In the OP, he proclaimed that the Canucks were too soft to have any chance of getting out of the Western conference, considering that they would have to get past teams like San Jose, for instance.

I disagreed with him and his reply was (predictably) condescending. His final comment was "Make sure you're here in May". This was presumably so he could gloat and give me the old "I told you so"...

Of course, when May did roll around and the Canucks were well on their way to trouncing those "hard" Sharks, Jim was nowhere to be found.

Laughably, he did show up after game seven against the Bruins to claim that he was right, just a bit off on his timing...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#162 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

lol so Raymond has one good game and everyone is riding his D...

Give me a break.

#163 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Give me a break.

Pretty much sums it up.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Edited by Bang Bang Boogie, 24 January 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Posted Image

#164 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Give me a break.

More better games than Burrows or Higgins

Posted Image

#165 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

What pisses me off is that Raymond will watch this goal a lot, but will never come to the conclusion to keep trying to shoot from the slot/middle of the ice. He will continue to try and outskate 5 defensive players on the outside and hope that they all fall down and he can shoot from the perimeter cleanly.

#166 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

It seems like everyone forgets that HE BROKE HIS DAMN BACK. I'll still give him a year to win me over

How long before we finally drop that excuse for his sub-standard play? Max Pacioretty suffered a similar injury and the following season he managed to have a career year. Raymond I felt was overrated following his 53 point season in which he rode Kesler's coat tail. I don't think his current play can be completely blamed for his back injury in the SCF, I mean even before he broke his back his play had regressed significantly.

I say his time is up in Vancouver. What we need is results during this window that we have for Stanley Cup contention. Past merits and potential skill can only get you so far.

Edited by Touchet, 25 January 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#167 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

^ I think people are saying that it appears he has fully recovered from the injury. It looks like he has improved on his core strength over the summer, which makes him stronger on his skates.

He has some versatility for a soft player, as he can play on offensive or deffensive lines.

It is a good thing that Raymond is playing well, as he may attract a trade at the deadline. I suspect that when the 2nd line returns, he might fall down to the 4th line, which would be a waste of cap space.

I don't see him as a 2nd line winger on a SC team. But he still is a useful player.

#168 LimitedEdition

LimitedEdition

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

He seems to be falling down slightly less this season (which is a good thing), but I know what you mean. This guy has been a source of frustration for most fans. He shows flashes of brilliance but then disappears for long stretches.

#169 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

I truly dislike Raymond but this is a very nice goal.

I truly hope he does get better but I still personally won't like him because he's a soft player.

I don't like soft players.

You're a chewy gumball. You love soft.

Edited by TheCammer, 25 January 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image

#170 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

No. Do you have anything to bring to the thread other than attacking... me? Are you 10?

he's not, but are you?

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#171 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Jim is an expert on "soft". You might remember a couple of years ago, he created a thread titled something like "An opinion from a 30 year fan", or something along those lines.

In the OP, he proclaimed that the Canucks were too soft to have any chance of getting out of the Western conference, considering that they would have to get past teams like San Jose, for instance.

I disagreed with him and his reply was (predictably) condescending. His final comment was "Make sure you're here in May". This was presumably so he could gloat and give me the old "I told you so"...

Of course, when May did roll around and the Canucks were well on their way to trouncing those "hard" Sharks, Jim was nowhere to be found.

Laughably, he did show up after game seven against the Bruins to claim that he was right, just a bit off on his timing...

Awesome statement. You need to repeat this. lol

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#172 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

LOL what a moron
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#173 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Yeah a beautiful goal after almost getting his head chopped off by getslaughs.. Honestly what the hell was he doing, that was disgusting.

#174 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,286 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm not surprised the OP has a reputation of -387.

307mg00.jpg

#175 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

MayRays a gangster.

#176 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Beauty goal

I had to rewind three times to finally catch it :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#177 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

While you're still in awe by his first goal, here is another.

Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#178 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Maybe this will be the Burrows thread for Raymond.

We can only hope, it's not like he could have gotten any worse.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#179 jagori78

jagori78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

POPULAR

I'm noticing that Raymond seems a lot stronger on his legs, his stability has improved from what I saw last year. I like the sudden stops and starts and him being more explosive; not falling down all the time.

Also, he's keeping his head up and while he's a bit slow to make the right decision with the puck, I think he'll get back to being the player he was 2 years ago.

Of note, during his break-out season, Raymond had one of the best corsi ratings in the NHL. Last year, one of the worst.

Anyway, all this to say is that Raymond can be an very effective player, and I don't understand all the hate by some of the "fans" on this site.

-Jagori

P.S.

It bothers me the negativity by some on these boards. I remember the constant trashing Rypien got all the time on these boards. Oh, he is useless, etc. etc. Doesn't belong in the line-up, etc. etc. These players dedicate their lives to entertain us, and sacrifice alot. We all know they get paid well, but when you are under a microscope and give up a "regular" life for hockey, there has to be quite a toll mentally.

#180 jagori78

jagori78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

How long must we suffer watching Raymond "hustle" around the perimeter doing nothing? He brings nothing to the game outside of a token PK role.

What is the point of dressing this guy anymore? Waive him, trade him... anything. There are no positives to his game that make the team better for having him.

I have had enough of this guy.

I really hope your boss has the same opinion regarding your work. Funny thing is, you are probably nothing more than a labourer.

-Jagori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.