The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs. Flames [Jan 23rd 2013]

BananaMash

I have spoken to Calgary fans I know, and some of them have predicted Calgary to finish as high as 4th in the West.

I swear some of them are so optimistic it borders on delusional.

Other homerisms I have encountered that make me roll my eyes:

-Sven Baertschi is supposed to be a lock for the Calder, and everyone better watch out when the amazing superstars Jiri Hudler and Roman Cervenka (who?) get here.

-Kiprusoff will win the Vezina and the Jennings, and he won't have to share the Jennings because he's playing all 48 games.

-Alex Tanguay will excel as a top centre in the NHL after not playing the position since before he had pubes.

-Jay Bouwmeester will finally be the offensive defenseman Calgary expected him to be when they signed him originally. (That may actually happen, but not until next year, that's the last year of his current contract)

-Iginla will re-sign with Calgary and will practically seal his fate to retire without a championship. (For some reason many Flames fans prefer this, selfish fools)

If Vancouver shows up for any game opening week, this better be the one. Unleash the big guns against this patchwork team of veterans, kids and AHLers. Don't take any crap from the likes of Stajan,Glencross and Stempniak, and any other blue collar lunch-bucket forward. Guys like Jay-BO and Butler don't hit barely at all, so this should be easy, if the Canucks show up at all.

I think Kass has a monster of a game with dank and hank

5 - 0 Canucks Cory with 29 save shutout

D.Sedin Kassx2 Raymond Garrison

henrik with 4 assists

and Kass will drop the gloves

** Schroeder first NHL point assist on Raymonds slump buster CDC killer goal

Hoping that day off to regroup and then a solid practice yesterday will help the Canucks bring their game back up and just bury the Flames.

Side note: Apparently calling it the Game Day Thread is a good way to root out the users here who have some minor OCD. ;)

Lames are going to get rolled, they are unfortunate enough to draw the game that will feature a severely pissed off Schneider. Not to mention the green men who will be seeking retribution on Giordano for the ATB commercial.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I have spoken to Calgary fans I know, and some of them have predicted Calgary to finish as high as 4th in the West.

I swear some of them are so optimistic it borders on delusional.

How can Schroeder have any success, Raymond and Weise, really?? That is really our fourth line. I dont know why offensive player (specially rookies) aren't put in offensive role or real offensive player, isn't it obvious what the line should be?

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian(or burrows)

Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows(or kassian)

Weise/Raymond-Lappy-Hansen

Weise/Raymond-Manny-Volpatti

Archived