The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why do you guys underestimate Lapierre's skill?

kj29

Maxim Lapierre:

Bad 1st liner

Decent 2nd liner

Great 3rd liner

Fantastic 4th liner

Jordan Schroeder*:

Bad 1st liner

Decent 2nd liner

Not so great 3rd liner

Bad 4th liner

*based on play style as we havent seem him in the NHL)

You need to put your players in a position to succeed. And if that means Lapierre has to play on the 3rd on a checking line, and Schroeder has to play on the 2nd on a scoring line, then so be it. ML40's line will likely get more minutes that JS45's will anyway.

There is the skill issue but also the fact that AV likes him for defensive situations. If the Canucks had another really good defensive 3rd line center that would free Lappy up to play a temporary second line role. But for now there is only so much Lappy to go around and his first role is a defensive one.

The way some players think the game requires that they play with other players that can think the same way. Schroder has not had the opportunity to play with the greatest offensive talents in Chicago - my only hope is that that is the reason he has not excelled at the AHL level. We are about to find out if he can take advantage of NHL talent. If not, he's a bust.

I call him Lap Dog sometimes; because he plays like a junkyard dog! I always wondered why the nickname has not been picked up? That makes him suited for his 3rd or 4th line role and I'm very happy to have him for that role.

That he can handle a few laps, when we need him, with the big dog's is a bonus!

:blush:

He and Malhotra haven't really done anything offensively lately. We need our 3rd line center to be scoring 30-40 points and 4th line center to chip in 20-30 points bare minimum.

No one ever scrutinizes their games because they're leaders and PK players, but our centers need a shake up.

Archived