The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I don't recall Dubnyk stopping a 3-on-1 from point blank in the slot, nor do I recall him stopping a penalty shot in OT.

Both those saves were gamechangers, just like Devan's whiff job on Bieksa's goal turned a W into an OTL. Gamechangers and hence the star order.

and where is Columbus in all this? They need goaltending desperately...maybe Luongo has said no to CBJ and maybe he will only go to Florida. Theodore and Clemensen have already proven they cannot do the job, so if Tallon wanted luongo it would have been done by now.

Hockeyyinsiderr has weighed in....

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

Names mentioned by #Canucks as possible return for Luongo: pick+Neuvirth+ 1 of following: Brouwer/Kuznetsov/Green/Alzner/Forsberg

Make that 2-3 of the following and I'll take the trade (have enough d-men, so bring in some talented forwards)...

Luongo, Raymond, Malhotra, Rai and a conditional pick for Neuvirth, rights to Kuznetsov, Brower, Laich and Forsberg

uhmm, read between the lines, bro. Schneider is speaking about the 'us' being him and his teammates. Why would he have any animosity with his teammates? None of them do anything, except say 'how high?' when they're told to jump.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Schneider's understandable or inevitable (and to-be-expected) dissatisfaction with management and the blatant and embarrassing mishandling of this situation.

Maybe Schneider didn't endorse his agent's comments, but I don't see why anyone would question their truthfulness. Schneider is wasting his career at this point.

So you're saying that you can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Welcome to reality, where Henrik Sedin has 0 goals. Deal with it.

"Kessel and change" - Toronto wouldn't even consider for a second giving us Phil Kessel for Roberto Luongo, so you can just drop the "and change" part.

And I maintain the position that if Phil Kessel were instead on a team like the Carolina Hurricanes, he would be very highly thought-of. Here's a question; do you like Jordan Schroeder? I'd say that they're somewhat comparable players. Small, quick, smart, shifty, good hands, etc. If you think Kessel's worthless, what do you think of Schroeder?

How much longer can the Capitals go on like this?

The amount of pressure Gillis put on Mcphee by going to that game this past weekend will be ridiculous especially if they continue to lose like this.

They're losing to a Toronto team that just played and lost the night before.

Good luck Caps.

Archived