The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grabner, Hodgson, next Shroeder

Lemieux

Kassian scores a couple of goals (one was a sedin pass tap-in) and people hails him as the next Todd. Gee, he didn't really play so well in the AHL this season after what, 17 games, and no one mentions it. Anyone with some stats background will understand the idea of sample size. Too bad all the high school kids here have no clue. Kids should be at school anyway, and not on this board.

People blame Hodgson for trying to leave Vancouver. He had the skills, but he was only given like 10 minutes per game, with no PP time. It's natural to be frustrated. Getting Kassian wasn't a bad idea, but the price was way too high. If you want toughness, you can always get a Brashear for 500K

Another example of nearsightedness was the idea that keeping Samuelsson was better than Grabner. Samuelsson was an old guy, a rental guy. You knew he wouldn't stay for long here. Why trade away all of your potential stars at the earliest opportunity?

Well those trades were right during those times. Grabner didnt have a spot on a loaded top6 and you can't compare him to Volpatti. Grabner is a scorer while Volpatti is a grinder. You wouldn't want grabby grinding when he broke his leg kicking a soccer ball.

Coho deal could have been delayed. We can't lie that we needed a Kassian type player. Besides it's right hand for right hand. So you can't make that argument. Coho could of helped with scoring in our top 9 while kassian was still a season away from being effective.

At the time ballard was a good top 4 but like someone mentioned Hammer bumped him down. As i rememeber ballard was an insurance incase hammer didnt sign.Coho is flourishing... ya on a team that has no centers. Who could have known that we would be without a Selke winner?Fact is we would be better with booth and kesler back from injury.

Kassian scores a couple of goals (one was a sedin pass tap-in) and people hails him as the next Todd. Gee, he didn't really play so well in the AHL this season after what, 17 games, and no one mentions it. Anyone with some stats background will understand the idea of sample size. Too bad all the high school kids here have no clue. Kids should be at school anyway, and not on this board.

People blame Hodgson for trying to leave Vancouver. He had the skills, but he was only given like 10 minutes per game, with no PP time. It's natural to be frustrated. Getting Kassian wasn't a bad idea, but the price was way too high. If you want toughness, you can always get a Brashear for 500K

Another example of nearsightedness was the idea that keeping Samuelsson was better than Grabner. Samuelsson was an old guy, a rental guy. You knew he wouldn't stay for long here. Why trade away all of your potential stars at the earliest opportunity?

Man if only life was like CDC. I can go back and point out everything my friend did wrong with his life using hindsight to make it seem like I'm well versed in the concepts of life. I can then call him a failure because of decisions he made that seemed logical and the right at the time but didn't work out because of unforeseen circumstances. Then I could say that dumping his ex-girlfriend who treated him like crap was a big mistake just because she is now doing good with another guy.

What a great friend I would be!

hodgson grabner are soft players , we have enuff soft players on the team we needed grit size and toughness with some scoring ala kassian , sure garber scored some goals but did his team make the playoffs ? even if garbner made the playoffs he would be shutdown, hodgson playing first line minutes he isnt a difference maker his wingers are doing all the work , he looks lost out there lol

You are beyond stupid.

Kassian > Hodgson, do you know what this team needs?

A big right wing who can create space and stick up for the Twins, Hodgson won't to that.

Character was also a big problem, Kassian is a easy to like guy that will go the extra mile for the team, Eager?

Grabner was garbage here, lazy, not producing. Hell, he was put on waivers by Florida, and he had one good season so don't say he's good.

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

I dont think we will hear anything about Kassian's dad calling and whining about ice time. I don' think you will ever see Cody go toe to toe with Eager and live. I don't think you will see Cody outscore Kassian - at least so long as Kass is on the top line. I don't think you will see Cody out hit Kassian. Besides with Kesler and Hank, there is no spot for Cody. I would not put him in over Lappy and he is not a 4th line guy - besides his daddy would have a fit and start calling up Harper to bitch.

Kassquatch >>>> Coho

You are beyond stupid.

Kassian > Hodgson, do you know what this team needs?

A big right wing who can create space and stick up for the Twins, Hodgson won't to that.

Character was also a big problem, Kassian is a easy to like guy that will go the extra mile for the team, Eager?

Grabner was garbage here, lazy, not producing. Hell, he was put on waivers by Florida, and he had one good season so don't say he's good.

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

Man, anyone saying Kassian is better than Hodgson is delusional. Everyone knows that ultimately Hodgson is the more skilled and is more likely produce throughout his career offensively. The trade happened because he asked to be traded, so we got back a prospect with size. Sure, I like Kassian as much as the next guy, but Hodgson sure would look great in this line-up right about now, whether we had injuries or not.

I don't have much to say on this subject as I know next to nothing about Schroeder after seeing him play once for 10 minutes, but in reference to people rationalizing letting go players with serious potential like Grabner, Shirokov and Hodgson...

Grabner was a talent but didn't clearly didn't fit on the team with Raymond and Samuelsson coming off career years. He had a good return (11 points in 20 games? Sick.) when he did play though and maybe deserved more of a chance. He's inconsistent but clearly shows goal-scoring ability. See Raymond.

Hodgson dug us out of LOTS of games last year and totalled 41 points in 83 games as a rookie on the 3rd line for Vancouver, and Buffalo. How can you rip on this kid's PLAY as a Canucks fan? How can you possibly rationalize trading him because he's "soft". Remember his GWG against Boston? Seriously talented and obviously has potential.

Kassian. Looking good so far, let's hope the trade was good in the long-term, because it wasn't exactly what we needed last year and his upside is massive. It's too early to rationalize having this guy in our lineup as opposed to Hodgson as the 3C, I reckon, but he's getting better and starting to fit in and put up points.

Archived