The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond lovers

clynch

Wow! Must say I'm impressed with Raymond thus far. I was hoping that he would have a good start this season, but 3 goals in 3 games is great. It looks like the back injury is behind him and hopefully he can continue to be the second liner we need.

I can't say I've ever been a Raymond lover, nor a hater. More a sympathizer. I know his back injury was devastating and must have been more difficult to come back from then I can imagine. I'm just glad that early in the season he has performed like the team needs him too.

Based on what we've seen, I'm thinking he coud get close to 20 goals this year (30 prorated). What do you think?

Things are working for him because he's going to the net again. The year he scored 25, he went to the net. Understandably last season coming back from the back injury one would understand why he was tentative and not willing to go the dirty areas around the net to score.

This year, he's back to going to the net, and thus is producing.

Now people will understand why I said if he ever went to another top 8 team where they passed to him...........we would regret it.

Kudos to JS, I was one who thought he didn't look ready (although I qualified it by saying if he had better line mates he might surprise us)...........I also drew attention to the similarity of Raymond to Sweatt, who Schroeder always performed best with.

"Watch what happens to Raymond when Kesler comes back..... for now... he's a puck carrier... and has never had great chemistry with Kesler."

That is a fallacy, go look at the videos.

And to the poster above who says now Raymond is working hard. He has always been a hard worker.

Archived