Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Raymond lovers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

It is always nice to see somebody do well that had such a bad go of things.

#32 Hexinvir

Hexinvir

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Loving Raymond's play so far, much better then we were used to seeing from him. If I had to guess, i'd say he will hit 15-20 goals this year. If he continues playing the way he has the last few games, then it's only a matter of time :)
Posted Image

#33 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Raymonds shot is on point... He is looking like a legit sniper... Right from the hat trick scrim and these last few games every goal is bar down......

WOW!
Posted Image

#34 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Things are working for him because he's going to the net again. The year he scored 25, he went to the net. Understandably last season coming back from the back injury one would understand why he was tentative and not willing to go the dirty areas around the net to score.

This year, he's back to going to the net, and thus is producing.

RIP LB RR PD

#35 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

I wouldn't count on 20. I'd be happy with just more than 12.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#36 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

That's not even true.

Everybody loves Raymond

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#37 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

It's looking like he's finally back too 100%. If he plays really well this season it'll be interesting to see whether the Canucks keep him in the fold or not.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Now people will understand why I said if he ever went to another top 8 team where they passed to him...........we would regret it.

Kudos to JS, I was one who thought he didn't look ready (although I qualified it by saying if he had better line mates he might surprise us)...........I also drew attention to the similarity of Raymond to Sweatt, who Schroeder always performed best with.

"Watch what happens to Raymond when Kesler comes back..... for now... he's a puck carrier... and has never had great chemistry with Kesler."

That is a fallacy, go look at the videos.

And to the poster above who says now Raymond is working hard. He has always been a hard worker.

Edited by Bodee, 26 January 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#39 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Perfect time for a package trade
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#40 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Raymond has more goals than Kessel.

Therefore Raymond for Kessel + 2 firsts.

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#41 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Glad to see Raymond back to form (after what, 2-3 years?). He's looking good this season start so hopefully he can keep it up rather than falling into the old 5 games each on/off pattern the team is used to seeing in years passed. To be honest, Raymond's way of driving wide and losing the puck is really only a recent (read: 2-3 years) trend. Before the Nuck's playoff sprees (read: bandwagon publicity), Raymond's play right now is pretty reminiscent of what it should be

Welcome back MayRay :towel: .

#42 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,273 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

I've always been a fan/supported him, mostly because I do think his speed is a great asset...he just had to refine things so he controlled it more and didn't let momentum get the better of him. Plus, I just think he's a class act and nice person - hard not to like Raymond.

I am still so enraged over the hit that produced his injury...wth was that? - and no call? How does that protect players - of course it makes them tentative for awhile.

People here are hot and cold with every turn of events. Raymond's had some struggles for sure, but we're seeing the result of him working through the glitches (and injuries). Confidence plays a big part in success and I feel that he's really on his game right now.

(locking this, as there was a similar thread made shortly before this one)

Edited by debluvscanucks, 26 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.