The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Kings 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

Hansen and Higgins have been awful so far this season. And why put a guy like Weise with offensively minded players like Raymond and Schroeder? Weise can't get a shot off for the life of him. depth is not existent at the moment and if this continues the next 4-5 games, expect changes will be made through roster moves.

Since Keith Ballard has clearly (Along with the Tan Man) been our best defenseman, we can't buy him out/trade him in the offseason.

And obviously someone has to go, we can't have 5 guys making over 4 Million there with the cap dropping. So with that being said who is your candidate to move?

For me it would be Bieksa, I think Garrison will pick it up, and Bieksa has been Mr.Inconsistency every season except 10/11. Plus he would bring us back more in a trade than Ballard or Garrison would.

Well, it's been a disappointing start to the season...disappointing in that we've had a chance to win all of the games with the exception of the ass kicking we took on opening night and to the Sharks last night.

I suppose we should be employing a Plan B once we have a two goal lead, but I'm afraid Vigneault does not have one.

What's up with:

1) sitting on leads?

2) the three Swedes playing like meatballs? Yes, they have shown flashes of what could be, but the three Swedes for the most part have been pretty bad.

3) Garrison? Can he hit the net? Can he stop gifting scoring chances to the opposition?

4) Bieksa? Does he still think he's playing his "Buddies Games"?

5) Higgins? Where's he been?

6) Goaltending...why can't they steal us 2 points instead of 1? Oh yeah, it's because we can't seem to score when we need it.

7) Shootouts? Why are so we lousy at it? Only the Flames seem to be worse.

8) The retardation of Lapierre's penalty last night...we had momentum at the time and it looked like we had a shot a tying it up, but Yappy Lappy takes that stupid penalty and we're down 2. I would have kept him out of the lineup tonight for that penalty.

In spite of this, we've seen some good things so far...

1) Kassian not only showing like he belongs in the NHL, but he's been the best Canuck so far this season (in spite of having to carry the Sedins).

2) Schroeder showing signs like he belongs in the NHL.

3) Improved offensive output from Raymond...he's playing pretty good defence too.

4) Play of Ballard and Tanev...they should be paired ahead of Edler and Garrison until the latter two can get their sh!t together.

5) Volpatti...he looks like he's going to be a fixture on the 4th line.

It's only six games in, so we have time to right the ship...but it burns my a$$ when we leave points behind. That's what I'm disappointed with. Other than that, the Canucks are right on schedule with the mediocre start to the season.

Not a bad game, but we had some trouble getting out of jams against the Kings, who are one of the best possession teams in the league. Still some excellent play after Luongo was bailing us out at times.

First thing that bugged me was I'm not sure how Kassian having that empty net chance on the Kings breakdown during our PP didn't result in a penalty for hooking. The Kings player's stick was clearly up at Kassian's waist and in his hands as he tried to shoot the puck.

160309495_slide.jpg

Pretty clearly a hook as the stick is horizontal and in the hands/body.

Second thing that bugged me was the long delay before Burrow's shootout attempt. There was no reason for it to take that long, so I don't know if there was anything from the local timekeepers holding it up (remember the timeclock fiasco?) to try and ice Burrows or if the refs just couldn't get organized.

Other than that, I'll take it since it was just another road game in the last few days so the guys must have been tired at the end there.

Once again Kassian takes fuel out of the CoHo cry babies on these forums. I thought MayRay had an awesome game tonight, and Higgins had one good hit, too bad it was on the ref. I am not a fan of Schroeder due to his size, not his skill. He played with more fire then most of the Canucks and he did excellent in our face-off circle, but his size crippled any offensive ability he has against a team like the Kings. The only time that game he had a chance to score was on the shoot out, but alas AV strikes again.

Garrison with Edler?

I personally thought Alex Burrows shoot out attempt was the most entertaining play of the game.

AV has to go. He is an amazing coach but he is friends with the players, he can yell at them till his face turns blue and it won't stir up anything. I understood us keeping him on last year as a sort of 'thank you' for his service, but we are never going to win a cup with him behind the bench.

Don't know how my last post intended for this thread ended up in the "multiple warning signs surrounding Zack Kassian thread" but anyway, here it is:

One thing before bed:

I don't agree with those saying that this loss was AV's fault because he had the team sitting on the lead. Trust me, there are plenty of things I blame AV for but in this case, I happen to believe the team actually WAS trying to score more. Problem is, the team just plain sucks offensively right now. Even if the Canucks were given the green light to push the attack and completely forget defense, I still doubt they would have been able to score so it has nothing to do with sitting on the lead.

The team needs to find its offensive mojo quickly. They also need to get back to scoring at a healthy clip on the powerplay.

Archived