392 replies to this topic

#121 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hopefully if Washington is his destination, we get some of (NOT ALL) of the following players.

Kuznetsov/Forsberg/Brouwer/Johansson/Carlson/Alzner.

Any of those players would be nice to acquire through trade for Luo. Of course we need a back up goalie as well. Wonder if a trade would include Holtby or Neuvirth?

#122 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Not a chance would I want that contract for what I would cost to acquire it. Sure he's good when he wants to be but he is very one dimensional and if he's not scoring 60 goals every year he's not worth it.

I'd have no problem trading huge package for Crosby or Malkin, but hell no for ovi. I just don't trust him to put up 60 goals a year.

Well the Sedins combined cap hit is 12.2M and they score nowhere close to 60 goals combined. 30 for Dank and 15 for Hank is about all your ever going to get out of them and they are in their declining years. Ovi has got another 5 years before he is as old as the Sedins and only costs 9M. So I don't see where your logic is coming from that Ovi isn't worth 9M unless he puts up 60 goals. If that is true then the Sedins should be putting up 80 goals combined to make them worth 12.2M.

#123 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

If im MG, i'd be targeting their best prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov, he's gonna be the next Russian superstar. And with a name like "Evgeny" you know he will be a star :P

#124 Viking13

Viking13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I don't understand why people want D-men or borderline top-6 players in return for Lu. The Canucks D is deep, and we have way too many borderline top-6ers (Raymond, Booth, Kassian, Schroeder). If we're trying to win a cup in the next couple years, I think we need a bonafide top-6 winger. IMO nothing else is really worth losing a star goalie for. If we can't get that in return for Luongo, maybe we should look at moving Schneider?

I know some people will say we should be looking for quality prospects here, but we're trying to follow the Detroit model, which is based on good drafting - NOT shipping off star players for unproven prospects.

One would have to think that perhaps Schneider is in play with the way that Luongo has played... I love how now that he's playing well he all of a sudden is a cult hero!!! It's typical of this fan base, always SO wishy washy...
Bush league fans have made Luongo the scapegoat for Vancouver's shortfall... Typical...

#125 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I don't understand why people want D-men or borderline top-6 players in return for Lu. The Canucks D is deep, and we have way too many borderline top-6ers (Raymond, Booth, Kassian, Schroeder). If we're trying to win a cup in the next couple years, I think we need a bonafide top-6 winger. IMO nothing else is really worth losing a star goalie for. If we can't get that in return for Luongo, maybe we should look at moving Schneider?

I know some people will say we should be looking for quality prospects here, but we're trying to follow the Detroit model, which is based on good drafting - NOT shipping off star players for unproven prospects.

Bang on! Defence is good by any standard. Van's top 6 has 4 legit players; The Twins, Raymond and Kesler. The rest are unproven and there is no gurantee that Kesler comes back strong. If it is about going deep in CUP play Van has to get a consistant scoring winger. We can hope that Kassian continues strong and that Ballard produces but that is unproven. Raymond is streaky and Schroeder is 3rd line C at best.

Gillis has said a top 6, a prospect and a pic. I hope he holds out for that.

#126 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Tbh: Schneider would be the more logical person to trade, he would bring in more of a return for a "win now" team.
Posted Image

#127 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

If im MG, i'd be targeting their best prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov, he's gonna be the next Russian superstar. And with a name like "Evgeny" you know he will be a star :P

I don't want Kuznetsov on the Canucks though. Who knows if he'll actually come to play in the NHL..

Troy Brouwer will play a big role in the bottom 9 and he's from Vancouver, so I would love to have him. Tom Wilson/Marcus Johanssen as a big power prospect would be great as well. I'm not denying that Kuznetsov will be good, but Tom Wilson or Marcus Johanssen might be our best bet.

#128 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Forsberg and Wilson are not unproven prospects, they're players who have proven themselves already. Wilson 34 games, 13+ 24 with Plymouth OHL and Forsbergplaying in Sweden. HOWEVER Gillis would not travel to scout either of them in Pittsburgh

#129 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Letang, and Carlson for Luongo, Schneider, Kassian, Ballard, and Raymond.

You heard it here first.

We might have to throw in a 5th round pick too. Geterrrdone!

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#130 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,901 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Tbh: Schneider would be the more logical person to trade, he would bring in more of a return for a "win now" team.

why would he have more value in a trade?

#131 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

why would he have more value in a trade?

I guess the theory is that Schneider is younger + has a more manageable contract than Luongo does. But really I would be okay with trading either goalie as long as the return is good.

#132 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,901 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I guess the theory is that Schneider is younger + has a more manageable contract than Luongo does. But really I would be okay with trading either goalie as long as the return is good.

right, so wouldn't he thus be more valuable to the Canucks than Luongo?

#133 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't want Kuznetsov on the Canucks though. Who knows if he'll actually come to play in the NHL..

Troy Brouwer will play a big role in the bottom 9 and he's from Vancouver, so I would love to have him. Tom Wilson/Marcus Johanssen as a big power prospect would be great as well. I'm not denying that Kuznetsov will be good, but Tom Wilson or Marcus Johanssen might be our best bet.

I like Brouwer aswell, but we already have Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd line, we dont need anymore 3rd liners unless Higgins is on the way out.

Tom Wilson would be nice too, he's a RW and we desperately need RWingers :P

#134 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

We might have to throw in a 5th round pick too. Geterrrdone!

I dunno man, that 5th could turn out to be Datsyuk. id pass

:emot-parrot:

#135 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Forsberg isn't a big player. He's a small skilled winger. So he doesn't really help with size.

If we want a skilled winger, Kuznetsov is their most elite forward prospect. If we want a two way forward, Johanssen is their best young two way forward.

On D, if we could get Carlsson from him, that would be unreal. Everyone on here seemed to clamour over Jake Gardiner, well Carlsson is way better than Gardiner. He could be a future top 4 for us. He would allow us to trade Ballard in the offseason.

Forsberg is almost 6'2, 190 lbs at 18 years age. He will be a big strong power forward with skill in the NHL. I don't see Caps trading Forsberg. He's going to be a great player.

Kuznetsov is signed for 2 more years in KHL so he can't come here for forseeable future. There is no guarantee he will ever come over, especially to Vancouver. This kid is more skilled than Forsberg and a bit bigger but you never know if he'll come over.

I don't see us getting Carlsson although I'd be really happy if we did. He's too valuable to give up for the Caps.

Lu + Raymond for MoJo + Ward and 2nd round pick/prospect.

Edited by WHL rocks, 03 February 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#136 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

did i read raymond was a legit top 6 forward...im sorry but if he is a top 6 guy on our team we got scoring depth issues.

#137 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

I like Brouwer aswell, but we already have Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd line, we dont need anymore 3rd liners unless Higgins is on the way out.

Tom Wilson would be nice too, he's a RW and we desperately need RWingers :P

Who knows, maybe Higgins or Hansen goes the other way? Not that I would want that, but Gillis isn't afraid to make the big trade.

#138 LOL_dre

LOL_dre

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Brouwer's cap hit will be 3.666M next season Liach's is 4.5M and Ward's is 3M and with the cap going down and these guys really only being 3rd liners I doubt we will trade for any of them

#139 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Who knows, maybe Higgins or Hansen goes the other way? Not that I would want that, but Gillis isn't afraid to make the big trade.

Might be Higgins, he's having a slow start.

#140 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Starts with Brouwer and one of their top young players (Orlov, Carlsson, Johanssen, Forsberg, Kuznetsov). And throw in a pick.

That's what I'm thinking.

There are also a number of inter-changeable assets which could be moved in a deal with Washington.

Goal: they get Luongo, maybe Washington sends one of Holtby or Neuvirth over to act as a backup to Schneider. With Lack not around for the remainder of the season, and not a lot of great UFA backups out there, this might be the solution. Each of the Washington goalies will be RFA's at the end of the season, so if nothing else, should the Canucks not want to keep him he an always be flipped to another team.

Defense: I wouldn't mind Orlov in this trade. He's still a bit raw but he looks like he has a fair amount of offensive potential.

At the end of the season, Washington will have Green, Carlson and Schultz under contract, with Alzner and Kundratek will be RFA's. The remainder of their d-men may, or may not go UFA and leave. Should the Canucks want a d-man prospect, then Washington may be willing to accept back a d-man from the Canucks. While I do not like the idea of trading Ballard, and there are cap issues related to including him, he might indeed be included in this trade.

Should Ballard be in the trade, maybe Vancouver takes Hamrlik back as salary/contract dump for Washington. He will be a UFA after this season. I believe he also plays the left side, so he could be slotted in to Ballard's spot.I think he might also be an upgrade over the alternatives available to the Canucks.

Forwards: if Washington does move Brouwer (a 2/3 LW), then they may want a LW to replace him. Raymond could be an acceptable guy to replace Brouwer on a short term basis. If Washington doesn't want him past this season then they let him walk as a UFA. As an alternative to Raymond, Washington may prefer Higgins. I could see either of these guys going in the deal.

To Washington: Luongo, (Ballard?), Higgins/Raymond (approx. $11+ million in cap hit, drops to $9.2 million if Higgins/Raymond walk at the end of he season). The Canucks may also have to add a contract dump or waive someone to make room. Maybe add a non-1st round pick?

To Vancouver: Brouwer, Johansson, Orlov, Hamrlik, maybe one of Neuvirth/Holtby?, either a 2013 2nd or a 2014 1st (approx. $8.8 million this season, and likely drops to around $6.5 million the following season with Hamrlik likely not being re-signed but Brouwer getting the increase he has already signed)

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 03 February 2013 - 02:12 PM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#141 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Filip Forsberg and John Carlson please.

#142 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,474 posts

Lack for Ovechkin anyone? :bigblush:

Edited by Trade Deadline, 03 February 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

#143 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,922 posts

Forsberg is almost 6'2, 190 lbs at 18 years age. He will be a big strong power forward with skill in the NHL. I don't see Caps trading Forsberg. He's going to be a great player.

Kuznetsov is signed for 2 more years in KHL so he can't come here for forseeable future. There is no guarantee he will ever come over, especially to Vancouver. This kid is more skilled than Forsberg and a bit bigger but you never know if he'll come over.

I don't see us getting Carlsson although I'd be really happy if we did. He's too valuable to give up for the Caps.

Lu + Raymond for MoJo + Ward and 2nd round pick/prospect.

Why do people want Ward? seriously he's grossly overpaid, im not a big Raymond fan, but i'd rather keep Raymond if he's only going to be replaced by Ward.

#144 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Forsberg isn't a big player. He's a small skilled winger. So he doesn't really help with size.

If we want a skilled winger, Kuznetsov is their most elite forward prospect. If we want a two way forward, Johanssen is their best young two way forward.

On D, if we could get Carlsson from him, that would be unreal. Everyone on here seemed to clamour over Jake Gardiner, well Carlsson is way better than Gardiner. He could be a future top 4 for us. He would allow us to trade Ballard in the offseason.

I would take Carlsson straight up. Maybe even take on a contract for buyout in the summer.

It's not often you get the chance to acquire this type of player.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#145 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Marcus Johansson and a cap dump... ?

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#146 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

u guys are nuts, u dont realize that when we trade lu we want to get rid of some cap space. I think we might get brower a goaltender or maybe even tom wilson, i also think it is important for the Canucks to stop switching wingers to the center position. Burrows is not a center and hes defs not a 3rd liner.
These would be my lines
Sedins-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Brouwer-Schroeder/Lapierre-Raymond (lapierre will play on the 3rd in playoffs)
Higgins-Schroeder/Lapierre/Malhotra-Hansen (schroeder likely wont play on the 4th if lappys on the 3rd so manny will center)

Edited by 406281dylan, 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#147 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Filip Forsberg and John Carlson please.

*****DROOLING******

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#148 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Well the Sedins combined cap hit is 12.2M and they score nowhere close to 60 goals combined. 30 for Dank and 15 for Hank is about all your ever going to get out of them and they are in their declining years. Ovi has got another 5 years before he is as old as the Sedins and only costs 9M. So I don't see where your logic is coming from that Ovi isn't worth 9M unless he puts up 60 goals. If that is true then the Sedins should be putting up 80 goals combined to make them worth 12.2M.

Because the sedins aren't one trick ponies. Their point totals almost double ovechkins when added together for an extra 2.7 million. On top of that, who ever is playing on their line's point totals are majorly inflated too. The guys who play with ovechkin have to just try to get in good rebound position because you know he's going to the net and shooting every time.

the sedins make 6.1 each. They can put up 70-80 points each and that will justify those contracts. ovechkin needs 110 and a little more playoff success to justify 9.5 million. A shoot first guy like ovi needs 50-60 goals to get there, the logic really isnt that hard to figure out.

dont get me wrong, he's a great player but 9.5 million means you have to be a great player all the time, no exceptions. crosby and malkin are that, ovechkin is not imo. He's looking more like a 7.5 million dollar player, that is an extra 2 million to spend on a line mate and the caps would be a better team for it.

#149 The Juice

The Juice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

we can trade of Ovi and get the piece were really looking to flip.....

Lu to Wash

Ovi to Van

Flip
Ovi to Fla

Vancouver finally gets Bjustad....

;)

#150 Kerry Park Islanders

Kerry Park Islanders

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Always liked Ribiero.....

Ribiero is a D-bag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.