The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

Strombone1

No to Ovi.....Some of you are just a laugh!

His contract is bad? Have some perspective people. Not too long ago he was a superstar scoring 50+ goals and 100+ points every year. Of course he got signed to money like that. Nobody, not even the smartest GM in the world, could have forseen this sudden plummet by Ovechkin and his other star teammates.

If Gillis had a chance to land a player the calibre of Ovechkin, he should pull the trigger. Those wanting a grinder like Troy bleepin' Brouwer or ANOTHER defenseman that we don't need are just....I'm not even going there. Get your heads checked.

I'd like to see Lou in Washington, and not only because I want him out of town. I think the team, and fans would be a good fit for him. It's a team he could be more relaxed on without giving up on his hopes for a cup. Getter done!!!

The 2 year, 20 million offer was incredibly idiotic and we have to thank Mats for not taking it. If he did, we would have lost the Sedins to free agency as we wouldn't have had the cap space. That offer was one of Gillis's worst moves - the one year deal was far better.

Relax people, this happened a few years back when Gills and co. went to MTL for a game against the blues. Nothing resulted in it. But if WSH is interested in a goalie which I'm sure they might be, we do not need any of their d-man, unless one of ours is going the other way.

Archived