The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins Fading?

cabinessence

They started to come along in the game.

They have never had any type of serious injury (knock on wood)and they are in great physical shape

I think they put too much pressure on them selves when the other lines are struggling.

Kassian was great, but does not have the same chemistry with the twins as burrows.

This not just a thread to dump on the twins, but they are unlike other "stars". The Sedins took years to develop and seemed to hit a peak. I am sure they are still great players, but I see a similar decline in their games to that of Markus Naslund.

Look at how Naslund took years to get going before peaking and declining from there. I recall the media constantly pondering why Naslund was in a such a slump and not (that I heard) suggesting that he was on the downside of his career.

I am not saying this is by far the case, but Vancouver has had a history of having players develop here into very good players and then fade out because the team believed they would keep it going. Some other names that could be considered are Tony Tanti, Todd Bertuzzi, Petri Skriko...

The Sedins probably aren't going to score over a point-per-game for a while, unless they have a Marleau-like resurgence.

However, while the twins regress a bit, our younger players are shining brighter. Hansen, Kassian and Raymond have really stepped up their games so far this season (not just for this game) as has Tanev, and Edler. Essentially, our stars are fading but our young guns are playing better, giving us a much more rounded out offence.

Players on the downslide: Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Malhotra, Bieksa

Players on the upswing: Kassian, Raymond, Hansen, Edler, Tanev

Maybe in a few seasons the twins may show signs of fading. Sorry they are just as dangerous when on the ice as in previous years. One thing that does set them apart from " other stars " if you will is that their success is based on their passing game not their speed. I think if they stay healthy and keep that puck on a string there is no reason they can't keep their numbers fairly high for many season to come.

Why is AV putting Ballard and Tanev out as the D pairing with the Sedins?

Tanev's OT winner notwithstanding, that pair doesn't generate much from the point and they don't hold the zone very well either. The Sedins spend more time retrieving pucks from their own zone because the D's can't keep it in. Maybe they need a more offensively gifted D pair back there??

They're saving it all for the playoffs... What kind of answers are you looking for here, buddy?

They'll play the right way when they're ready or want to, my money is on it being at the right time. They haven't let us down so far, so why would they all of a sudden just slack off and vanish now? Get your priorities in order and just cheer them on! It's only a matter of time. lol -_-

Archived