Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

No Need for Any Trades

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: No Need for Any Trades (116 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the Canucks need to make a trade for this season?

1. Voted yes (79 votes [68.10%])

Percentage of vote: 68.10%

2. no (37 votes [31.90%])

Percentage of vote: 31.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

-answer poll
-add reason below

I think the Canucks are set for a deep playoff run, and Gillis doesn"t really need to make any changes till summer.
- Prospects are playing good, Tanev, Kassian, Schroeder
- Ballard and Tanav have some chemistry
- Raymonds playing really hard, hardest working player out there on most nights
- we have tons of depth
- Booth and Kesler have yet to return
- We have the best goalie duo in hockey(NYR pays more to goalies then we do)

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / --------Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
David Booth ($4.250m) /--------- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /--------- Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) /--- Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) /-- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / ----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / -----Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Dale Weise ($0.677m) /---------- Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / ------Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) /---- Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) /----- Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) /-------- Chris Tanev ($0.851m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) ------ Cam Barker ($0.700m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.688m)----- Jim Vandermeer ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

#2 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

If we can get low cap hit/futures return for one of our more expensive but less producing players rather than just buying out at the end of the year, that'd be sweet.

also Luongo or Schneider should be traded, if only for cap reasons for next season.

We cant afford our current roster under next year's cap, so obviously getting ANY return is better than a straight buyout.

Edited by gushybear, 06 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#3 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,056 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

It depends how Booth & Kesler do when they're healthy. For now, no.

307mg00.jpg

#4 Elliot

Elliot

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I voted yes. It depends If Gillis believes the team is in a "win this year at all costs" scenario or not. Each year wasted is a year in which our core gets older and less likely to produce a championship. With that said, the reason I voted yes:

We have very much the same team as we have had the last two years, with a couple additions and subtractions. We had great post season success in 2011, up until the Boston series. 8 goals in 7 games. Not enough. And last season, against LA...I don't recall how many goals we scored in the 5 games we lasted. But not enough. Between our goalies and team defence, we CAN shut a team down. But what we have not been able to do is put pucks in the net consistently enough over FOUR series. Are the Sedins' just coming around after a long layoff? Will Kesler be as effective after his injuries? Can Booth return to the form he was at before his knee injury last year? Can Garrison be the threat from the blueline that we signed him to be? All those remain to be unknown. I'd like to answer yes to all of those questions. But if we can add another real threat up front without hurting the team too much, I think we'd be foolish not to do it.
Posted Image

#5 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think if the value is right for either foalie, we should make a deal....keep in mind Chicago won the cup with Antii Niemi and Ottawa and Edmonton made cup-runs with Emery and Roloson so goaltending isn't everything.

Everyone should also keep in mind we have Lack who should be NHL-ready within 2-3 years.

If we are able to gain a Perrenial Top-6 forward, we should pull the trigger on a deal. Schroeder has looked great on the 3rd line and I like seeing him getting time in the NHL.

In summary, if a top-6 forward (55+ Pt's) is made available, Gillis should pull the trigger on a deal
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#6 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yes, if we are making a long run we are going to need some depth. People who are on the last year of their contracts.

#7 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Adding one more top 6 forward after Booth and Kes return by subtracting a goalie, well, it just makes us so stacked.

Would be nice to see our depth D-men get a few games to guage our blue line should injuries occur.

#8 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yes, but I would wait until we see how the 2nd line does. I don't see a whole lot more scoring this year. Kass has improved, but that's about it. If the goaltender issue isn't resolved, then I guess we'll have to stand pat. Window continues to close...

#9 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

By not "needing" to make a trade, any trade we're likely to make is going to work out better for us. I'd like more depth on right D, and a center who can step up and play on the second line if Kesler gets hurt, but who can also bring some versatility Weiss would be perfect if we can get him.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#10 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I dont think we need to once Booth and Kes get back, its a great privilege having both Lu and Schneids (think Boston with Thomas and Rask)

If a trade is made though i say make a SPLASH!

If Washington keeps struggling kick the tires at OV, he won't come cheap, probably be Schneider and Edler plus whoever else, but i personally think Eddie is overrated and overvalued, Ballard is ready to step up.. Washington needs G and D

Think of that top six...

#11 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

We have to stand pat this season. As soon as we make a trade, and we don't win the Stanley Cup, there will be all hell breaking loose saying we traded the wrong goaltender - be it Luongo or Schneider.

We have an elite core up front to go all the way once healthy. Stay the course. Add a few depth pieces on the deadline using draft picks. Best goaltender plays all season and playoffs.

Unless a deal brings us back an elite top-10 scoring talent or top-pairing defenseman, no way we do a deal. Because if we don't win the Cup with the goaltender who stays, the backlash will be enormous.

Make a trade in the summer with the losing goaltender. If we win, then make a trade using whoever ended up riding the pine in the playoffs. Or, if Luongo once again says he wants to move on, move him.

Edited by Dasein, 06 February 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#12 Sherthng

Sherthng

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

-answer poll
-add reason below

I think the Canucks are set for a deep playoff run, and Gillis doesn"t really need to make any changes till summer.
- we have tons of depth

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / --------Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
David Booth ($4.250m) /--------- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /--------- Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) /--- Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) /-- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / ----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / -----Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Dale Weise ($0.677m) /---------- Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / ------Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

yes, this is a decent team for the playoffs, but who wouldn't take a young 3rd line center who likes to take the body! I like schroeder but a hard checking 6'0 + centre would be better for a playoff run and better for the future. If you could get that via trade , its a no brainer. if you don't trade for one maybe....

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / --------Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / -------- Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) (tried and true)
David Booth ($4.250m) /---------Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) /--------- Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Zack Kassian ($0.870m)/--- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)-- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / ----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / -----Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

rotate these guys in for who ever is off their game.

Dale Weise ($0.677m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m)

I know a lot of you guys are going to jump all over me but, kesler and booth are both shoot first type of players. it would be interesting to see booth play with a pass first( play making centre). As well kesler's game suits a checking role as well as secondary scoring role.

#13 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'd try and acquire a 3rd line C, like two 4th rounders for example. (Pahlsson)

Then scratch him until the playoffs. If Schroeder can't handle the playoffs, just put the guy you traded for in.

Posted Image

#14 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

yes they need to make trades... what about lu for phil kessel. of course a player here and a player there...
Posted Image

#15 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I'd try and acquire a 3rd line C, like two 4th rounders for example. (Pahlsson)

Then scratch him until the playoffs. If Schroeder can't handle the playoffs, just put the guy you traded for in.

so we give up draft pick and still lose pahlsson... what do you think will happen with another pahlsson like player... just saying gillis isn't just going to throw draftpicks away.
Posted Image

#16 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I voted yes. It depends If Gillis believes the team is in a "win this year at all costs" scenario or not. Each year wasted is a year in which our core gets older and less likely to produce a championship. With that said, the reason I voted yes:

We have very much the same team as we have had the last two years, with a couple additions and subtractions. We had great post season success in 2011, up until the Boston series. 8 goals in 7 games. Not enough. And last season, against LA...I don't recall how many goals we scored in the 5 games we lasted. But not enough. Between our goalies and team defence, we CAN shut a team down. But what we have not been able to do is put pucks in the net consistently enough over FOUR series. Are the Sedins' just coming around after a long layoff? Will Kesler be as effective after his injuries? Can Booth return to the form he was at before his knee injury last year? Can Garrison be the threat from the blueline that we signed him to be? All those remain to be unknown. I'd like to answer yes to all of those questions. But if we can add another real threat up front without hurting the team too much, I think we'd be foolish not to do it.

You have to take into account that the last 2 goaltenders we faced in the playoffs, had two of the best playoff performances that I have ever seen.

Quick .949 sv % facing 34 shots a game average
Thomas .966 sv % facing 35 shots a game average

Those numbers are simply unreal.
We gave the Kings more of a fight than anyone, and that series was closer than it looked on paper. Thomas was even more impressive in the Finals.

#17 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,414 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

We have to trade CS or Luongo, we have 2 great assets there but we could only play 1 at a time, so with CS/Luo sitting on the bench is a waste of an asset.

our playoff window has only like 2 years left (this season and the next), so we cant afford to waste those years.

We neeed to trade to strenghten our 12 forwards.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - (TRADE)
Higgins - Lappiere - Hansen

Hamhuis - Edler
Garrison - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

That depth would easily get us back to the Finals.

#18 riske1

riske1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Defense is waaaay too soft. Fourth line could use a Big scrapper.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

#19 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Still need to add size/toughness with offensive upside 1 forward and 1 D-man, nothing has changed. We get beat on by the bigger teams in the end and how many years has that happened?? lets see? first chicago, then the Bruins, and then the Kings... Hmmmmm
HABS SUCK!!!

#20 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

-answer poll
-add reason below

- we have tons of depth

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Aside from any obvious issues with goaltending, I see needs in a number of areas.

Forwards:
The top-6 is still a question mark. There is no certainty that Kesler and/or Booth will come back and produce as expected (and no, I am not a Booth-hater). And should there be an injury to the top-6 I have reservations as to just how effective the guys in the bottom-6 can be in a top-6 role. I would like to see the bottom-6 strengthened with the addition of more guys who can move up and produce in the top-6 should the need arise.

Right now, using your list as an example, I see a lot of deficiencies. Raymond does have speed, and he is defensively sound, but aside from a brief spurt in the opening games he's been kind of quiet on offense (1a in his last 5 games). Schroeder has not produced much, and yes, I am aware of his TOI and other such factors (1a in his last 5 games). Hansen is great in his role, but other than when he was playing with the Twins last year he's been fairly quiet (1g 2a in his last 5 games). Lapierre, Malhotra and Higgins are also still not in to the swing of things. And speaking of Higgins, why do you have him on the 4th line?

Should these guys be called up to fill a top-6 role, then I do not see the team scoring goals by the bushel.

What I would like to see is a trade which brings in players like (the often discussed) Brouwer who has size, plays a physical game, plays well on defense, and has offensive production comparable to Higgins (or Raymond) in the last couple of years. ***NOTE: I am not saying, "TRADE FOR BROUWER". I am saying a player like Brouwer would be an asset on the third line and he might be as good, if not better in a top-6 role should that come along than who is currently on the team.

I'd also think the team should look at the 3C position. I like Schroeder. I do not see Schroeder (right now) being a force in the playoffs this year. He is still a bit too green to handle the responsibilities of the third line as they are on this team. If he cannot be relied upon for important face-offs in the Canucks' zone then he is a liability in that more responsibility is placed on Kesler in these situations.

Forwards who could be moved - (Booth, depending on production and effectiveness), Raymond, Schroeder, Higgins, Weise, Ebbett.

Defense:
More defensive depth is always good. I would like to keep Ballard. This being said, I don't see Ballard being with this team next season. It is not a question of disking him, or how he has played, but merely as a cap issue.

Were the Canucks able to move Ballard as part of the assumed Luongo deal (yes, I am aware of how much cap that would be for the other team to take on), or in a different deal, I would like for them to being back a guy who is a solid defensive player who also has a lower cap hit.

Regardless of whether Ballard stays or goes by the trade deadline, an improvement in the 7 - 10 spots would be nice. There's a lot of inexperience and/or question marks in that group.

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 07 February 2013 - 04:05 AM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#21 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I dont think we need to once Booth and Kes get back, its a great privilege having both Lu and Schneids (think Boston with Thomas and Rask)

If a trade is made though i say make a SPLASH!

If Washington keeps struggling kick the tires at OV, he won't come cheap, probably be Schneider and Edler plus whoever else, but i personally think Eddie is overrated and overvalued, Ballard is ready to step up.. Washington needs G and D

Think of that top six...

Yeah, think of that top-6. There wouldn't be a lot of other guys on the team as Ovechkin would eat up the cap hit of Edler and Schneider, and still have room for most of Andrew Ebbett.

Should the Canucks trade with Washington, I'd like a smaller splash that will have more and longer lasting ripples. Give me a guy like Brouwer, a center (Johansson maybe, but there's others) or a d-man prospect, and a pick.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#22 Elliot

Elliot

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

You have to take into account that the last 2 goaltenders we faced in the playoffs, had two of the best playoff performances that I have ever seen.

Quick .949 sv % facing 34 shots a game average
Thomas .966 sv % facing 35 shots a game average

Those numbers are simply unreal.
We gave the Kings more of a fight than anyone, and that series was closer than it looked on paper. Thomas was even more impressive in the Finals.

You make a good point. I was more so impressed by Quick's overall playoff performance, but strictly in the finals, I think Thomas was more impressive. Both I believe are key examples of a goalie winning their team a championship. We gave the Kings their toughest challenge until the final, but I believe the Devils stacked up against them better than we did last year. When it comes down to it, you still have to find a way to score some goals. Lou was lights out for most of the run in 2011, the Bruins found a way to get pucks past him. Was LA not one of the lowest scoring teams last season? But they made some moves and put pucks in the net in the playoffs.

2011, Tampa and I think Montreal too took Boston to 7 games. It's not meant to take anything away from what Thomas did that year, but those teams were in that series until the very end. From game 3 on, the way we played for the most part, we might have well have just packed it in and called it over. I thought for sure after we went up 2-0, that the Cup was ours. But then Thomas took over, and kudos to him. It is still up to us to get pucks past the other team's goaltender, no matter how they're playing. If we don't, regardless of who we have in net, on the bench, or how they're playing, we are not going to win. I think either goalie could get us to a final. Lou has proven he can. We need another scoring threat. Our offence and PP are too predictable, and an injection of high talent in those areas could get us that elusive trophy.
Posted Image

#23 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Do we need too? No. Should we? Maybe...

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#24 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, think of that top-6. There wouldn't be a lot of other guys on the team as Ovechkin would eat up the cap hit of Edler and Schneider, and still have room for most of Andrew Ebbett.

Should the Canucks trade with Washington, I'd like a smaller splash that will have more and longer lasting ripples. Give me a guy like Brouwer, a center (Johansson maybe, but there's others) or a d-man prospect, and a pick.

regards,
G.

I see what your saying, but im sure gillis and Gillman would find a way to do it in the offseason. Think Chicago when they got hossa. U want to win big u go all out to win now, if u gotta dump some contracts afterwards who cares... Chicago is still competitive arent they?

#25 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

i think we need another big playmaker on the second line with kesler

#26 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian/Raymond
Higgins Dubinsky Hansen
Volpatti Malhotra Lappy

Hamhuis Edler
Garrison Bieksa
Ballard Tanev
Alberts Barker

Schneids
Mason

Lou gets traded to CBJ for Mason, Dubinksi and a second
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#27 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

-answer poll
-add reason below

- we have tons of depth

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

We've got a bunch of bodies, and with Kes and Booth due back soon, we'll have more bodies. More bodies does not necessarily equate to true depth. We've got stable of players who are defensively responsible, which is a good thing, but is that good enough to win us the Stanley Cup? I'm not sure if it can. No doubt, the depth that OP speaks about will allow us to be competitive, but the goal is to win the Cup, no?

Our lack of scoring depth was exposed last season and 2011 Cup Finals, and so far, we've got 22 goals in 9 games. Doesn't ooze scoring depth (and yes, I recognize that this is predicated by the system we are playing right now, which is predicated by the absence of Kes and Booth).

I'm an old guy...the Canucks of the past few years, including this team reminds me of the Islanders before they made the trade to get Butch Goring...that one trade provided the Islanders with the stimulus that allowed their existing depth (Bryan Trottier, Mike Bossy, Clarke Gillies, John Tonelli, Bob Bourne, Bob Nystrom) to flourish and ultimately win the cup for four consecutive years. We need a player, by way of a trade that has the same impact that Goring had on the Islanders in the early 1980s.

So, even with Kes and Booth coming back, I would suggest that we need to make a deal to put us over the top.

I believe what we need is another player in the likeness of Kesler...someone who can contribute offensively, play hard defensively...essentially a forward who can play in all types of situations and alleviate pressure off of Hank and Kes. And yes, I realize that a player of this likeness is nearly impossible to land.

Edited by disisdayear, 06 February 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#28 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

The canucks are missing a true second line player who gets around 60 points. I say yes we should make a deal to bring a good second line player to play with Kesler I really don't think booth or Higgins have enough scoring power to be relied on in the playoffs. Imagine if we bring in another player who is a consistent scoring threat and then have a player like Higgins and booth on the 3rd that's depth to win a championship.
GO Canucks GO

#29 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

We need to aquire a top 6 with size and scoring plus a 3rd line centre with size. I just don't think that Schroeder is the answer to the 3rd line centre position as a regular. He is too small and puts himself in a position to get hit. When the playoffs start he will get hammered. He has performed admirably so far but is not a longterm solution.
Next years cap means that we are going to have to shed some salary and I would rather start that process now and get something of a return for our players rather than be in a desperate position.

#30 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I say yes. We can always improve the team. If the right deal is out there that makes sense for the team, Gillis will pull the trigger. If not, he stands pat.

As it stands, I'd still like an experienced right-sided defenceman for the playoffs so that Edler does not have to play the right side.

I think a veteran 3rd line center should be a priority as well. I like Schroeder, but its yet to be seen if he ready for a tough playoff run

I think we can get a little grittier and bigger.

We have a lot of bodies up front as it is though so we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.