Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Vancouver Trade Deadline(Make your prediction)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

they need a centre for depth. If schroeder cant hack it in the playoffs, we sure dont want ebbett there and lappy needs to anchor the 4th line.

Agreed.

More specifically, an upgrade on Malhotra is needed. Malhotra is the only guy who can be trusted for left-side, defensive zone face-offs. But, sadly, he no longer does anything else well. So a left-handed centre who is good at face-offs and can take a regular shift would be nice.

Malhotra would be great if an extra player could be dressed. He'd get 3-5 minutes a night, killing penalties and taking defensive zone face-offs. He'd be our Patrice Bergeron from the 2010 Olympics. And the rest of the time, a bruiser could skate on the left side of Lapierre.

#32 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Some depth at center would be nice. Fire off a third or so, for a decent center. Then we should be set. Maybe make a push for Handzus? He's off to a slow star.

Edited by laxgoalie, 13 February 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#33 malcolm-buckland

malcolm-buckland

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

As of today, Daniel Alferdson.

Raymond + 2nd for Alferdson

With Spezza and Karlsson gone so are Ottawa's chances. Alfie will want to go to a strong West contender and because of the Sedins will choose Vancouver.

#34 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

With Spezza and Karlsson gone so are Ottawa's chances. Alfie will want to go to a strong West contender and because of the Sedins will choose Vancouver.

Alfie is going nowhere and will never leave Ottawa ever

#35 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahaha.

Sens aren't trading Alfie.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#36 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

I think little will be done and whomever the Canucks get will be overhyped and raved about.

The players that get traded will be made fun of, mocked and people will be happy they are gone (even though they never said it before).

There will be lots of: whoever we got>>>>>>>>>than whoever we traded away

The Canucks will lose in round 1 or two but then we'll learn Kessler or Burrows or Higgins was injured and we'll all start saying "just wait until next year"..............

#37 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I think little will be done and whomever the Canucks get will be overhyped and raved about.

The players that get traded will be made fun of, mocked and people will be happy they are gone (even though they never said it before).

There will be lots of: whoever we got>>>>>>>>>than whoever we traded away

The Canucks will lose in round 1 or two but then we'll learn Kessler or Burrows or Higgins was injured and we'll all start saying "just wait until next year"..............

Downer

#38 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

One month ago this thread would've been full of "Luongo for __________" posts.

Amazing how many were waiting at the "Luongo bandwagon stop" (it's like a bus stop, but for morons)

/=S=/

#39 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

One month ago this thread would've been full of "Luongo for __________" posts.

Amazing how many were waiting at the "Luongo bandwagon stop" (it's like a bus stop, but for morons)

Im sure if we go back, we see a few of YOUR predictions/ideas eh?

hindsight makes fools out of everyone i guess.

If Im Luongo and I get traded at the deadline after putting together this season, im gonna be pissed.

Nobody here or in media world thought it would get this far either. My guess now this goes the distance and the next thread topic is which goalie gets shopped at entry draft. Who in their right mind ruins this goalie battle this year?

If one does get traded, it had better be for one smokin package. That starts with top 6 forward/top defenceman+top prospect+1st pick. That package shrinks at entry draft

#40 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Malhotra out .....so maybe steckel,boyle
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#41 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I like the Ribeiro idea. He's got decent playoff numbers too.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Ribeiro-Kesler
Booth-Schroeder-Raymond
Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

That's a dangerous group. Not sure if we can fit him under the cap at the deadline though. Maybe if Booth isn't working out we can make a swap?

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#42 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I like the Ribeiro idea. He's got decent playoff numbers too.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Ribeiro-Kesler
Booth-Schroeder-Raymond
Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

That's a dangerous group. Not sure if we can fit him under the cap at the deadline though. Maybe if Booth isn't working out we can make a swap?

Wouldnt we be over the cap unless we trade booth,ballard or one of our goalies.
Posted Image

#43 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Wouldnt we be over the cap unless we trade booth,ballard or one of our goalies.

Malhotra's 2.5M is now off the books. I bet Ribeiro could be fit in at the deadline.

#44 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Malhotra's 2.5M is now off the books. I bet Ribeiro could be fit in at the deadline.

I see , ok cool
Posted Image

#45 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

I see , ok cool

But I'm not a fan of Ribeiro. He was known as a dressing room cancer in Montreal. Then he was traded away from Dallas despite being productive there, and replaced with the enigmatic Derek Roy, who has pretty much the same contract as Ribeiro.

EDIT: and they paid a higher price for Roy than Ribeiro returned, IMO.

Edited by Mookie Wilson, 14 February 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#46 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Downer

Sorry to be such a downer but I've just seen this soap opera play out too many times.

The Canucks are a business and ownership seems like they would rather have a year to year "hope" of winning vs. going all in for a year or two and be put into a rebuilding situation after that. I can understand that decision but I can also understand why that would drive a fan nuts.

When's the last time the Canucks acquired something significant at the trade deadline? We always pick up depth players for mid round draft picks and that's about it.

There are some big name free agents available this year that could be acquired for the right price. But if you're only willing to give up 2nd round draft picks, Raymond, Ballard, Alberts, Vollpatti, etc., you're going to get another team's Raymond, Ballard, etc. back.

Iginla is out there and available. The Canucks can get him if the price is right............but they won't.

#47 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

But I'm not a fan of Ribeiro. He was known as a dressing room cancer in Montreal. Then he was traded away from Dallas despite being productive there, and replaced with the enigmatic Derek Roy, who has pretty much the same contract as Ribeiro.

EDIT: and they paid a higher price for Roy than Ribeiro returned, IMO.

This is true, but we'd only have him for the playoffs. With how tight this locker room how much of a cancer could he really be in the span of a couple months? And he really would look good on a line with Kesler. Offensive depth is the last piece of the puzzle for this team IMO, and after the Sedins we don't have much in the way of playmakers.

Edited by mcgillnuck, 14 February 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#48 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Sorry to be such a downer but I've just seen this soap opera play out too many times.

The Canucks are a business and ownership seems like they would rather have a year to year "hope" of winning vs. going all in for a year or two and be put into a rebuilding situation after that. I can understand that decision but I can also understand why that would drive a fan nuts.

When's the last time the Canucks acquired something significant at the trade deadline? We always pick up depth players for mid round draft picks and that's about it.

There are some big name free agents available this year that could be acquired for the right price. But if you're only willing to give up 2nd round draft picks, Raymond, Ballard, Alberts, Vollpatti, etc., you're going to get another team's Raymond, Ballard, etc. back.

Iginla is out there and available. The Canucks can get him if the price is right............but they won't.

Im betting the reason the Canucks dont go fir someone big at the trade deadline is the price is usually insane to get these guys. I too am waiting for us to one day bag a big name but traditionally we dont get them. Depth guys are usually the way to go but they too still cost high round draft pics. Frankly im tired of us trading away our 2nd/3rd rounders, but thats the cost of doing business i guess

#49 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

George McPhee gets fired

Mike Milbury gets hired

Trade Brower and Carlsson for Raymond and Ballard

Mike Milbury gets fired

Canucks win Cup

:)

#50 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

The last thing the Canucks need is another tantrum throwing tool on the ice in Ribeiro, every reff in the league is just waiting to toss him for his crap.

#51 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

The last thing the Canucks need is another tantrum throwing tool on the ice in Ribeiro, every reff in the league is just waiting to toss him for his crap.

True, and for that reason I also don't want him on the team. But he's also the first thing we need: a consistent, productive playmaker for the top-6.

#52 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

My 4 players:

Raffi Torres and Kyle Chipchura from Phoenix. Chuck Kobasew and Ryan O'Byrne from Colorado.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Raymond Lapierre/Chipchura Torres/Kobasew

Hamhuis Edler
Garrison Bieksa
Ballard Tanev/O'Byrne
Alberts, Barker

Luongo & Schneider

EXPLANATION: During the 2011 Cup Run, we had players who were healthy scratches like Tambellini, Hodgson and Samuelsson or a game or two. They were held of the lineup for players like Glass, Bolduc and Oreskovich. Those guys brought only a toughness element to the table I felt.

If we load up on strength, size with some skill on our bottom-6, we'd be unstoppable.

Raffi Torres: Brings size, hitting, forecheck, fighting ability and some scoring touch. He is 6'0 225
Chuck Kobasew: Brings a similar type of game like Torres, with less size and fighting. He is 6'0 195
Kyle Chipchura: A center who will drop the gloves and forecheck. Career face-off % is just over 50%. He is 6'2 209
Ryan O'Byrne: Loves to hit, isn't slow, but isn't super fast either. Has a huge shot, but doesn't use it often. He is 6'5 234

Here's hoping.

Edited by R.A. Dickey, 15 February 2013 - 04:28 PM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#53 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Torres is one of those players that can help a team and destroy a teams chance in the playoffs with his 5 min pentalies
Posted Image

#54 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Well i like Lappy as a fourth line center and Schroeder looks good on the third. I wouldn't mind potentially trading Higgens+ for a legitimate top 6 forward but we all know how hard they are to find. Probably nothing will happen. There won't be another Coho incident.

#55 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Tyson Barrie from Col. If you know where to look, you know exactly why. ^^

Edited by CHIPS, 17 February 2013 - 01:14 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#56 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

On July 1st, Gillis will call David Poile and make a offer.

To Nashville
Alexander Edler
David Booth
2 1st round draft picks

To Vancouver
Shea Weber
Posted Image

#57 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Torres is one of those players that can help a team and destroy a teams chance in the playoffs with his 5 min pentalies

For clean hits deamed controversal by other teams governers? Torres' "hit everything that moves" style was sorely missed last year in playoffs. Unlike the 3 sissys that got they clocks cleaned against Dallas. Weise looked like he was scared to fight known swede heavyweight Nystrom then turtled

#58 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

To Nashville
Alexander Edler
David Booth
2 1st round draft picks

To Vancouver
Shea Weber

At the draft, more likely, which still makes this idea irrelevant within his thread.

#59 Wiznac

Wiznac

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

July 1st :)

April 3

#60 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

To Nashville
Alexander Edler
David Booth
2 1st round draft picks

To Vancouver
Shea Weber

No 1st-rounder for 2 years? That's sad, man.
I say one 1st rounder and Raymond.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.