The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Forget that you hate TO for a second. Do you think they make the playoffs this year?

vcr1970

The west already looks set, but the east is still wide-open. I can't picture all of Tampa, Philly and Buffalo being out and TO, Mtl and Ott being in.

Won't totally shock me if TO squeaks in this season. They're not finding ways to lose games as often. But i question Reimer's durability. They'll need him 100% all season if they are to make it.

If Kessel can pick his game up and they receive average goaltending, then yes. The Leafs are built for shorter seasons, so this year plays in their favour. I could care less if the Leafs make or don't make the playoffs at this point.

I think the fanbase should be less worried about making the playoffs, and more worried about whether they can extend Kessel.

3 of the 4 teams they beat on their current win streak are in the bottom 10 in the league in P% including the worst team in the league ... and the other team was Montreal, who was the 3rd worst team in the league last year.

I'm not buying the hype ...

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm not saying they won't make it, but remember the Wild last year?

Here's hoping they do make it, the more Canadian teams in the playoffs the better.

They just might sneak in if this injury to Reimer turns out not to be serious. I do hope they miss though. I can't ever forgive the hatchet job their media did on us during our cup run, casting us as the bad guys in Canada. That was unprecedented and unforgivable. Their fans hate us too. I hope they finish last for a hundred years.

Guest Gumballthechewy

They just might sneak in if this injury to Reimer turns out not to be serious. I do hope they miss though. I can't ever forgive the hatchet job their media did on us during our cup run, casting us as the bad guys in Canada. That was unprecedented and unforgivable. Their fans hate us too. I hope they finish last for a hundred years.

Possibly,...I see the leafs possibly squeaking in more on account of another team faltering badly than on their own merit.....It's funny how the Leaf fans are now lauding their goaltending duo of Reimer/Scrivens as the next second coming,since they've just won four in a row(and saying how they don't need Luongo).

Yes .. they will, partially because it is "the will of the League" .. TO is one of the prime NHL markets, and they need both Montreal and Toronto making the playoffs .. they could care less about the other Candian teams .. I believe the officiating reflects that .. :rolleyes:

Archived