hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Tim Thomas let in 21 goals in 7 games against the Lightning

Luongo let in 21 goals in 7 games against the Bruins

The Bruins won their series and we didn't, so what was the difference? their team could score.

Thomas played in all Bruin games in the SCP's.
Luongo was pulled in favour of Schneider 4 times and didn't even start another.

Overall, Thomas had a far better playoff.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 16 February 2013 - 12:04 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#122 smokes

smokes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

You know, if it was Luongo who played this game against Dallas,
CDC would be lit up like a Christmas tree, calling for his head, yet Schnieder can do no wrong.
I remember the good old days where the fan did that for Luongo when he first came to Vancouver.

#123 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

This board should be in lockdown during the time the Canucks have a 'controversy' or something similar and reopen when there is no major issue at hand...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#124 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

You know, if it was Luongo who played this game against Dallas,
CDC would be lit up like a Christmas tree, calling for his head, yet Schnieder can do no wrong.
I remember the good old days where the fan did that for Luongo when he first came to Vancouver.

When Schneider has a bad game it's;

-the team failed to show up.
-the quantity sample of games is too small to judge.
-but, but, Luongo lost in the playoffs.
-stats doesn't matter.
-it's not easy playing the best teams.
-he must be sick.
-alienz abducted the real Schneider and replaced him with a weaker clone.

I miss any? Smurf47 help me out here. Or where did merci go?

Edited by Special Ed, 16 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#125 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Guess Schneider fans will have to forget about this game as well. :bigblush:

"If you forget about the Anaheim game (but let Luongo's stats in it count), the San Jose game, and this Dallas game, Schneider is on par with Luongo. Geeze, Luongo fans. Give your head a shake."

#126 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

another game Schneider fans will omit from his overall stats so they can still compare his stats to Luongo's

#127 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Luongo lovers = horrible = Luongo haters.

We are all Canuckleheads...

#128 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

When Schneider has a bad game it's;

-the team failed to show up.
-the quantity sample of games is too small to judge.
-but, but, Luongo lost in the playoffs.
-stats doesn't matter.
-it's not easy playing the best teams.
-he must be sick.
-alienz abducted the real Schneider and replaced him with a weaker clone.

I miss any? Smurf47 help me out here. Or where did merci go?

Guess Schneider fans will have to forget about this game as well. :bigblush:

"If you forget about the Anaheim game (but let Luongo's stats in it count), the San Jose game, and this Dallas game, Schneider is on par with Luongo. Geeze, Luongo fans. Give your head a shake."

another game Schneider fans will omit from his overall stats so they can still compare his stats to Luongo's

Aren't we all, and can't we all just be that - Fans of Cory Schneider. And Roberto Luongo.

What the fuNck is wrong with all you idiots? Can absolutely no-one be satisfied with what we have here. Two great goalies that can both get the job done and are exciting to watch every night!?

I've been here on CDC for quite some time now, and every now and then there comes a time when I think I should stop coming here. That's because of all them whining, bandwagoning a-holes that creep up to talk hockey when they hardly know how to. Many Canuck fans on this board truly are a disgrace and shouldn't be able to showcase their stupidity on a public site. This is one of the reasons Canuck fans are labeled as they are.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#129 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Aren't we all, and can't we all just be that - Fans of Cory Schneider. And Roberto Luongo.

What the fuNck is wrong with all you idiots? Can absolutely no-one be satisfied with what we have here. Two great goalies that can both get the job done and are exciting to watch every night!?

I've been here on CDC for quite some time now, and every now and then there comes a time when I think I should stop coming here. That's because of all them whining, bandwagoning a-holes that creep up to talk hockey when they hardly know how to. Many Canuck fans on this board truly are a disgrace and shouldn't be able to showcase their stupidity on a public site. This is one of the reasons Canuck fans are labeled as they are.

i like how you single out the Schneider comments and ignore the Luongo ones

this is the reason we make them lol, cause of the Luongo haters. I don't have a problem with Schneider, just some of the idiots that still exist that still hate on Luongo even when he's leading the league in GAA and rip on people who say when he plays bad it's cause the team played bad, sometimes it IS because the team played bad. Yet they make these same excuses for Schneider and refuse to acknowledge that he has bad games too. Though thankfully they're slowly starting to fade away

If the hate was reversed where Schneider was getting the brunt of it (and it probably will once Luongo is gone) i'd be defending him too

Edited by Primus099, 17 February 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#130 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Personally I'm a fan of both goalies. And I have said all along that both goalies should be shopped and best offer wins the bidding war. To me that's best case senario and pushes our options while being fair. What I have noticed is that many fans were quick to throw Luongo under the bus. Which was rediculous given what he has done for the team. So it may look like I'm a Luongo 'fanboy' Schneider 'hater' but not the case. I just don't like rediculous and unnessesary bias.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#131 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Those who quote this appear to have selective amnesia when it comes to Thomas's role in that number of goals. Our offence lacked production but not because of chances. Thomas stood on his head for 7 games...Lu for only 4.

Thomas was awesome, but it also has to do with our team. We don't have any legit offensive threats. No player that can dangle/snipe on this team. We have two Art Ross champs and both of them have shown how embarrassing they are on breakaways during a shootout. They are great playmakers, but one-on-one they are pretty painful to watch. The lightning had no trouble lighting Thomas up in the series before. Our team makes goalies look better than they are because there is not enough high-end offensive talent. The Blackhawks will light up any team and they have lots of high-end offensive skill. This has always been part of the Canucks problem. With our power play being horrendous in the finals, it was game over. The Sedins lacked intensity in the Finals. They were too stubborn and always tried to play the same way that they always do. However, in the Kings series, I saw Henrik play with more intensity than ever before. I think the twins may have finally realized how to pick up the pace in the playoffs which is a good sign for this season.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 17 February 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#132 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

The twilight-esque Team Schneider vs Team Luongo is really getting old. They're both great goalies, and i'm a huge fan of both of them. Sorry, i'm just not a controversial kinda guy.

Congrats to Luongo for his great start. Would hate to see to either goalie go in a trade.
Posted Image

#133 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

You're dumb.

You also don't base the rest of your life off a small sample size that's changing right in front of your nose. Schneider is right behind Luongo if you take out the first game. There is little difference between the two right now. There is more to life than stats and it still doesn't change the situation. Luongo has indicated it is time to move on.

What is with CDC idiots who say stupid things like the above? If you take out the first game?!? YOU CAN'T JAGOFF BECAUSE HE PLAYED IT AND DID TERRIBLE. Stupid half wits, you can't manipulate stats to suit your argument.

I hear Crosby sucks if you take out all his good games.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.