The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I haven't been this livid in a long time. I wasn't even nearly this pissed when the Canucks got ousted from the playoffs by the Kings last year. That was just a horrendous display of reffing. I don't even.....

Schneider was weak. That can't be denied. But at least he shows up 99% of the time. How often do the refs show up? And don't give me this BS about "the refs miss calls from time to time". How do you "miss" Burrows getting taken down and then right after that make a call on the other end (I forget what the Canucks penalty was but it doesn't matter because the Stars scored the go ahead on the delay).

It just makes me insanely angry when I can clearly see how the refs manage the game. It's not just the bad calls or no calls, it's the timing of them. ???? boils my blood man.

Refs miss calls all the time, calling penalties doesn't guarantee goals scored or getting scored on. People blame the refs for 2011 SCF too, but we had pp's then too and only scored one pp goal, it dried up. Refs can give you 20 pp's don't mean anything if you can't score and has nothing to do with getting scored on.

I haven't been this livid in a long time. I wasn't even nearly this pissed when the Canucks got ousted from the playoffs by the Kings last year. That was just a horrendous display of reffing. I don't even.....

Schneider was weak. That can't be denied. But at least he shows up 99% of the time. How often do the refs show up? And don't give me this BS about "the refs miss calls from time to time". How do you "miss" Burrows getting taken down and then right after that make a call on the other end (I forget what the Canucks penalty was but it doesn't matter because the Stars scored the go ahead on the delay).

It just makes me insanely angry when I can clearly see how the refs manage the game. It's not just the bad calls or no calls, it's the timing of them. ???? boils my blood man.

Stop making this about the goalies...AGAIN. The Canucks let Dallas back into the game and couldn't score the backbreaker.

I don't think Schneider was bad. Goal 3 was a broken mess. There were some real bonehead plays in the defensive zone on the 4-3 goal. Edler gets outhustled by old man Jagr....As good as Edler is, sometimes he isn't as tough as he needs to be. That was 5 on 5, why the hell was the Dallas player open right in front of the net?

Also, the Canucks could really help their cause by scoring a goal on the PP once in a while.

The Canucks had a chance to put Dallas away, but after Henrik scored, they stopped playing with intensity. They figured the game was over. Guess what. It wasn't.

Oh yeah, and the Canucks will lose once in a while. It happens. Dallas worked harder the last 30 minutes. The Canucks got lazy.

I don't think Schneider was bad. Goal 3 was a broken mess. There were some real bonehead plays in the defensive zone on the 4-3 goal. Edler gets outhustled by old man Jagr....As good as Edler is, sometimes he isn't as tough as he needs to be. That was 5 on 5, why the hell was the Dallas player open right in front of the net?

Don't blame the refs for this one, the Weise penalty was the only really unfair one.

Hate to say it but the team played a great 45 minutes, and Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1. Both goalies were brutal in this game but Schneider was out-played by a crappy backup. For all you Luongo haters out there, Schneider just had a prototypical Luongo-like game from last season - bad goal beat him short side, couldn't contain rebounds to save his life, was outmuscled in the crease and beat high glove. Now Luongo's fixed all those problems and they're the ones haunting Schneider.

Now we're getting a goalie controversy. The team played great in front of Schneider, blew this game wide open in the 2nd period but the kid couldn't shut it down and that's frustrating. Other players who stunk it up tonight include Garrison who's shaky out there and not confident in his own zone. Just about every forward had an amazing game.

The Sedins had their best game of the season, Burrows looked good with them and their passes were all clicking. Great powerplay and movement all around.

Kesler and Higgins were fantastic, I'm surprised by Kesler - didn't expect him to return to his 70-point-season form but from tonight it looks like he's already there. Kassian had a strong game and didn't deserve the final minute benching, he better not be in our bottom-6 next game based on that.

The 3rd line was great again, Schroeder and Raymond buzzing all game and both deserved a point that was waved off. Hansen was again one of our best forwards, but to be honest all our forwards were flying, forechecking hard, causing turnovers and creating opportunities. Great shifts by our 4th line too, without Malhotra they've all got a tough role to play. Never seen a hat-trick of fights, that was pretty special.

Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa had very strong games, as did Ballard and Tanev, but Garrison was the only guy back there who wasn't as steady as the rest.

Simply put, great game by the entire team, we should of won this game. Just when I thought we'd cleaned up these blown-leads and late game losses, Schneider puts up a stinker and loses the game for us. He deserves all the blame for this one and anyone who wants to defend him is clearly blind - 3 bad goals in one game to blow our winning streak and lose the captains big game is unacceptable. Give Luongo the ball and don't give Schneider a sniff of the starting position until he earns it again. He's been getting off easy with wins lately because of how well the teams played in front of him, while Luongo has already had to steal us a couple of wins this season. Call me a Luongo-lover but the stats are obvious and the game is clear - right now Luongo is winning us games and Schneider is finding ways to lose them.

ty canuck fans for getting my thread shut down but if u used ur hockey iq u would see

did you not see the game tonight>?

who got the assist on higgins goal? did you see the difference wiese made with higgins....

kassian is slow and simply not ready to fill such big shoes !

i hope Schneider is still working his way into mid season form.. if this is any indication on Schneiders consistency i'd hold off on a Luongo trade for now until Schneider really shows he can handle playing more on a consistent basis.. so far 7 games started.. poor against anaheim, dallas, so-so against SJ and good/great the other 4 games... so 3 out of 7 games so far are below standard.. not working in Schneider's favor when Luongo so far haven't really had a bad game yet in the same amount of games played.

Don't blame the refs for this one, the Weise penalty was the only really unfair one.

Hate to say it but the team played a great 45 minutes, and Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1. Both goalies were brutal in this game but Schneider was out-played by a crappy backup. For all you Luongo haters out there, Schneider just had a prototypical Luongo-like game from last season - bad goal beat him short side, couldn't contain rebounds to save his life, was outmuscled in the crease and beat high glove. Now Luongo's fixed all those problems and they're the ones haunting Schneider.

Now we're getting a goalie controversy. The team played great in front of Schneider, blew this game wide open in the 2nd period but the kid couldn't shut it down and that's frustrating. Other players who stunk it up tonight include Garrison who's shaky out there and not confident in his own zone. Just about every forward had an amazing game.

The Sedins had their best game of the season, Burrows looked good with them and their passes were all clicking. Great powerplay and movement all around.

Kesler and Higgins were fantastic, I'm surprised by Kesler - didn't expect him to return to his 70-point-season form but from tonight it looks like he's already there. Kassian had a strong game and didn't deserve the final minute benching, he better not be in our bottom-6 next game based on that.

The 3rd line was great again, Schroeder and Raymond buzzing all game and both deserved a point that was waved off. Hansen was again one of our best forwards, but to be honest all our forwards were flying, forechecking hard, causing turnovers and creating opportunities. Great shifts by our 4th line too, without Malhotra they've all got a tough role to play. Never seen a hat-trick of fights, that was pretty special.

Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa had very strong games, as did Ballard and Tanev, but Garrison was the only guy back there who wasn't as steady as the rest.

Simply put, great game by the entire team, we should of won this game. Just when I thought we'd cleaned up these blown-leads and late game losses, Schneider puts up a stinker and loses the game for us. He deserves all the blame for this one and anyone who wants to defend him is clearly blind - 3 bad goals in one game to blow our winning streak and lose the captains big game is unacceptable. Give Luongo the ball and don't give Schneider a sniff of the starting position until he earns it again. He's been getting off easy with wins lately because of how well the teams played in front of him, while Luongo has already had to steal us a couple of wins this season. Call me a Luongo-lover but the stats are obvious and the game is clear - right now Luongo is winning us games and Schneider is finding ways to lose them.

Archived