335 replies to this topic

#91 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thank god Kesler is back. He was a leader on the ice tonight. His energy was infectious, it was obvious.
Posted Image

#92 ferguschrist69

ferguschrist69

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

frack

#93 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

So how long is Jason Garrison's adjustment period supposed to be?

id say near the end of the season , which hurts us but its probably a reality
Posted Image

#94 nux-luvr

nux-luvr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Lost some fights, lost some momentum, lost the game.

Am I the only one who thought it was foolish for them to even engage in those fights? They had all the momentum. Fights like that are designed to wake up the slumping team. By accepting those fights we allowed them to gain an emotional boost and swing momentum back over in their favor. That was a foolish decision and NOT Canucks hockey.
We'll miss u Big Bert! :(

#95 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

I hope that excuse is not being used anymore.

did hamhuis instantly impress us when he came here if i remember people were really quick to judge him turned out pretty good people tend to forget in a short season there is no training camp no pre season games less time to get comfortable for defense partners

also still sitting 2nd in plus/minus

#96 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Don't be surprised if Schneider starts on Sunday from what I hear

\

oh yah u just come out of a meeting with MG and AV?? lol
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#97 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

POPULAR

Nope, sorry, I blame the reftards. Momentum killing party crashers. Calls missed allowed the Stars to barrel over us. Calls made were timely in giving them the edge. Sure, we blew it but the refs of the first were letting things go and the pace was good. Then they took charge, partially.

I never blame refs for the loss, but for the assist for sure.

Kerry Fraser in his column admitted that eth Refs are give a lot of leeway by the league to call teh game for "entertainment value". Tell me what other sport allows that kind of crap?!! Ther reffing in teh NHL this year has been brutal. A goal like Raymond's has never been called off in any other game I have ever seen. What a F'ing joke the NHL officiating is.

#98 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

We have blown 4 two goal leads this season.

I hope that is something you guys think about before you pin this all on the goaltending.

zackass.png

#99 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Don't blame the refs for this one, the Weise penalty was the only really unfair one.

Hate to say it but the team played a great 45 minutes, and Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1. Both goalies were brutal in this game but Schneider was out-played by a crappy backup. For all you Luongo haters out there, Schneider just had a prototypical Luongo-like game from last season - bad goal beat him short side, couldn't contain rebounds to save his life, was outmuscled in the crease and beat high glove. Now Luongo's fixed all those problems and they're the ones haunting Schneider.

Now we're getting a goalie controversy. The team played great in front of Schneider, blew this game wide open in the 2nd period but the kid couldn't shut it down and that's frustrating. Other players who stunk it up tonight include Garrison who's shaky out there and not confident in his own zone. Just about every forward had an amazing game.

The Sedins had their best game of the season, Burrows looked good with them and their passes were all clicking. Great powerplay and movement all around.

Kesler and Higgins were fantastic, I'm surprised by Kesler - didn't expect him to return to his 70-point-season form but from tonight it looks like he's already there. Kassian had a strong game and didn't deserve the final minute benching, he better not be in our bottom-6 next game based on that.

The 3rd line was great again, Schroeder and Raymond buzzing all game and both deserved a point that was waved off. Hansen was again one of our best forwards, but to be honest all our forwards were flying, forechecking hard, causing turnovers and creating opportunities. Great shifts by our 4th line too, without Malhotra they've all got a tough role to play. Never seen a hat-trick of fights, that was pretty special.

Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa had very strong games, as did Ballard and Tanev, but Garrison was the only guy back there who wasn't as steady as the rest.

Simply put, great game by the entire team, we should of won this game. Just when I thought we'd cleaned up these blown-leads and late game losses, Schneider puts up a stinker and loses the game for us. He deserves all the blame for this one and anyone who wants to defend him is clearly blind - 3 bad goals in one game to blow our winning streak and lose the captains big game is unacceptable. Give Luongo the ball and don't give Schneider a sniff of the starting position until he earns it again. He's been getting off easy with wins lately because of how well the teams played in front of him, while Luongo has already had to steal us a couple of wins this season. Call me a Luongo-lover but the stats are obvious and the game is clear - right now Luongo is winning us games and Schneider is finding ways to lose them.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#100 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

what a buncha crybabies.

it was a good game.

Schneider let in some soft ones the refs missed some calls.

big deal.

both teams played great and the bounces went to Dallas, we can't win everything.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#101 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

dude 3 of the 4 goals were soft as hell and had no business going in.

3rd goal was bouncing all the way to the net even luongo would of given that up

#102 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

your pathetic should burn the jersey as well if that's how you react

schneider did not cost us that game the team in front of him giving up odd man rushes like they were candy multiple giveaways in the middle of the slot and then deciding after getting a 2 goal cushion to sit back

LOLEvery single goal Schneider let in was absolutely pathetic.. maybe besides the last one. First two goals were so terrible I couldve stopped them.

Posted Image

#103 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

The Canucks have been giving up premium scoring chances throughout the winning streak. Only tonight, the goalie wasn't able to bail the team out.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#104 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,161 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

CDC in a nutshell

Canucks win 6 in a row: all is well
Canucks lose 1: let's panic and pick apart everyone

We are all Canucks

It would have been nice if got another win and won 7 in a row. We really should have won this game with the chances we got in the 1st and 2nd period. It just hurts blowing a 2 goal lead. I think the 3 fights was the turning point of this game.

307mg00.jpg

#105 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Kerry Fraser in his column admitted that eth Refs are give a lot of leeway by the league to call teh game for "entertainment value". Tell me what other sport allows that kind of crap?!! Ther reffing in teh NHL this year has been brutal. A goal like Raymond's has never been called off in any other game I have ever seen. What a F'ing joke the NHL officiating is.

like i said in the GDT the GM's wanted the goalies protected so now your have over reactions on calls like that and good goals being waved off there have been multiple occasions this season so far

#106 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

LOLEvery single goal Schneider let in was absolutely pathetic.. maybe besides the last one. First two goals were so terrible I couldve stopped them.

Cory struggled tonight but your constant Lu Love-in destroys any objective credibility you have.

#107 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,896 posts

Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1.

Where was the Canucks PP? Why was Edler outmuscled by a 41 year old forward? Why did they leave a Dallas player all alone in front of the net? Why do they sit back and blow a two goal lead?

Seems to me like there were a few mistakes in this game, and Dallas capitalized. Give them a little credit here, they do in fact have some talent, including a future Hall Of Famer.

By the way, it's 'should have' or 'should've' NOT 'should of' . Christ, you kids need to go back to school for some learnding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNL7VICv3I
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#108 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

what a buncha crybabies.

it was a good game.

Schneider let in some soft ones the refs missed some calls.

big deal.

both teams played great and the bounces went to Dallas, we can't win everything.

Im glad there's some sane ppl left here.

#109 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

we can't win everything.

What?!!??? I never knew that :'(
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#110 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

The Canucks have been giving up premium scoring chances throughout the winning streak. Only tonight, the goalie wasn't able to bail the team out.

This.

We sit back all the time, yet whenever the goaltending doesnt bail us out it is all the goalies fault. That's the way it has been for many years here.

The truth is that it is AV's fault.

But everyone can think what they want.

zackass.png

#111 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,654 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Am I the only one who thought it was foolish for them to even engage in those fights? They had all the momentum. Fights like that are designed to wake up the slumping team. By accepting those fights we allowed them to gain an emotional boost and swing momentum back over in their favor. That was a foolish decision and NOT Canucks hockey.

I thought that too...teams that are behind and need a spark will initiate fights to change momentum....doesn't mean we have to buy in.

Mind you, our reputation of backing down will quickly be extinguished if we don't. Still, it had the effect that they were looking for and shifted things in their favour. Well, the refs also helped in that.

Posted Image

#112 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

REALLY happy for Hank! Congratulations to the classiest captain in the NHL. Nice reception by the fans as well.

Tonight was a bed crapper in my eyes. But interesting that the stats guys are saying in the best game the team played all yr - so I can't wait for the recap. Guessing below average goaltending was partly to blame, as well as some bad bounces.

Kes looked good in his first game back. After 11 NHL games, Schroeder was finally on the ice for a goal against (well, 2 tonight). Pretty good for a rookie centre. Curious if Kass finds himself demoted after his defensive miscue on goal 5? He's a rookie still, he'll make mistakes.

But officiating. I am more than done than watching this brand of zebras. It's not just tonight's game, it's all over the league. Did these guys lose brain cells over the lockout? Get rid of them all and find new guys. It's brutal to watch, ruins the game - and more importantly in a short season - they single-handedly win/lose games.

Congrats again HANKY PANKY!

#113 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

The Canucks have been giving up premium scoring chances throughout the winning streak. Only tonight, Luongo wasn't able to bail the team out.

I agree
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#114 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7uC5m-IRns

Posted Image
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#115 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Where was the Canucks PP? Why was Edler outmuscled by a 41 year old forward? Why did they leave a Dallas player all alone in front of the net? Why do they sit back and blow a two goal lead?

Seems to me like there were a few mistakes in this game, and Dallas capitalized. Give them a little credit here, they do in fact have some talent, including a future Hall Of Famer.

By the way, it's 'should have' or 'should've' NOT 'should of' . Christ, you kids need to go back to school for some learnding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNL7VICv3I

It's 'learning' not 'learnding'. Clearly you need to go back to school.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#116 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,199 posts

I can't believe you guys are blaming the refs for this loss. They missed calls BOTH WAYS and of our penalties, the only unjust one was Weise's hit. That last penalty was definately deserved, we were running around in our own zone and got caught. The Stars didn't even score on the powerplay, and the game winner was scored because we were caught in bad defensive position.

Calls go either way and the refs evened their missed calls up tonight, so don't blame your frustration on them. We played a good 45 minutes tonight, got a bit sloppy defensively later in the game and Schneider absolutely blew this game for us. Focus your anger where it's deserved - our losing the momentum thanks to 3 ill-advised fights and 3 horrible goals by Schneider.
Posted Image

#117 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

NFL replacement refs did a better job than these retards.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#118 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

no one is denying the first 2 goals were soft but the last 2 goals were bad defensive breakdowns that lead to the puck being in the back of the net

i love when people say i could of stopped that pretty sure everyone on this board would get lit up 5 goals in a minute and be pulled in the first period

#119 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

The fact that you actually believe that there's some sort of conspiracy or agenda against the Canucks is laughable.

The referees had an awful game, but I think that's just because they're bad referees. Not because big bad Bettman and the rest of the world are against us.

The Canucks play in a league where "parity" was a thing, aka deliberately cheating teams out of wins with made-up calls and missed calls. The NHL under Bettman has meant one thing: Grow the business by killing the game. Calls always favour the struggling market. Flames vs Tampa, Nucks vs Bruins, and over the course of the year, managing standings is how it's done.

The reason you and I differ is because I saw literally dozens of non-calls going on behind the play once the Stars realized they were being given a gift. You think I'm complaining because of a couple key events but there was an ongoing one-sidedness to all aspects of the game. A casual viewer sees it as a shift in momentum and figures it's from the fights, a certain PP or PK, whatever but the reffing is often the culprit. Teams play against the refs more than they play against each other in this league. But you'll never notice it until Bettman's "business first, integrity of the sport second" approach is abandoned.

#120 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

He let in 2 bad goals. We should and did score more than 2 goals. So are you going to fault him for everything else too?

Are you going to blame him for us sitting back?

Is it his fault that we have blown 4 two goal leads so far this season?

When we lost the scapegoat is always the goaltending in this city isn't it?

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.