257 replies to this topic

#151 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm not saying we need a 4th liner to go out and punch ppl in the head. I'm saying we need more size on out top 6. Sedins and Burr are all soft. There is no toughness on out 1st line. We've tried this recipe before and failed. We need a power forward for the Sedins to play with, Kassian is not ready yet except the odd shift. Kassian should be on 3rd or 4th line, Booth Kesler and a play maker on the 2nd would be good.

That and a Right shooting, big body, crease clearing Dman. Not a super star cause everyone wants one of those and it's highly unlikely we get one. I'm thinking someone like Grossman, Philly paid a 2nd rounder for him if I recall correctly.

Burrows and the Sedins have been fine, in the playoffs they continue to produce for us. They aren't the problem.

We have plenty of size.

Kesler is big, Booth is big, and strong and powerful, Kassian is huge and is capable of being a top 6 forward, Higgins brings grit, The Sedins are tough, they battle through checks and always produce, Burrows has decent size, is gritty and doesn't back down. Raymond isn't as soft as people think, and his speed makes up for his lack of natural grit.

I just don't see that issue. It isn't why we lost, infact we won those battles tonight.

zackass.png

#152 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,385 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

But Schneider is the "saviour"...the starter.....he has no excuse....

Can't stop
Lose job
Mind gone
Silicon
Stockholm
What bomb?
Get away
Pay day
Make hay
Break down
Need fix
Big six
Click click
Hold on
Oh no
Bingo! (Bingo!)

Jsnidesz saves !!!

Just joking, enjoy the good goaltending. Stuff happens, the team lost this one not Luongo.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#153 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yes but we have seen Lu control them much better in the past.

We agree there would be a rebound, Luongo just wasn't sharp controlling that one, that's all.

Exactly.

These half efforts we continue to see all comes back to coaching. Unless our goaltenders are spectacular, we lose.

The one rebound goal was a solid pad/toe save with Lu stretched out those will always be juicy rebounds and you need your d-man to get those. Rebound and quick goal for the Blues player in front. To me, not a bad rebound because of the tough initial save made.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#154 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

no it was cause Bieksa shoved him into Luongo

That too. But Lou tried like hell to sell it just like Kesler managed to draw two PP's with brutal embellishments and even Hank went down quicker than a blonde in Surrey. Not called were Burrows' dive in the third nor Volpatti's headshot in the first. The refs gifted us a point tonight which is why I am laughing at all the whiners who are complaining about the officiating. Also Lou sucks, especially in the shootout where a pylon would have had a better chance to stop a shot than he did. Cory will start in Chicago since it will be a tougher game and we will probably lose again because we still can't seem to win even 40% of the puck battles along the boards. Nobody on this team can fight and win and nobody seems to want to pay the price to win (Polak blocked almost as many shots all by himself as the whole Canuck team). We are soft, soft, soft...

#155 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

I am happy about the Sedins' level of play in this game. They were buzzing all game and getting chances on seemingly every shift against a very stingy Blues team. Marks for that. Also glad Hank got the monkey off his back and scored his 1st, even if it was just a pass into the net. :P

We've seen both goalies look ordinary the last two games. No reason to panic, but it sucks when you realize that elite goaltending from both Luongo and Schneider is potentially masking some serious team issues. Luongo in this one was exactly like Schneider in the last game; he made some good saves, but we've seen much better from him. His shootout performance tonight reminded all of us of the Luongo of old in the shootouts, unfortunately.

I'm one of the bigger fans of this team's defense core but I have to admit they struggled tonight against the Blues' relentless physicality and forecheck. The biggest issue I see with them, if tonight's game is any real indication, is that they lack poise when pressured by a quick, big team like the Blues. They start to get a bit jumpy and make bad decisions. This is where you can really see the value in big franchise defensemen like Chara and Weber, extremely smart defensemen like Lidstrom, or elite skating defensemen like Keith, Karlsson or Doughty. I'm still on the "Edler is a legitimate #1 defenseman" train, but I will acknowledge the gap between the tier that guys like Chara, Weber, Keith and Karlsson fall in and the secondary tier that Edler falls in.

#156 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Raymond, Kassian, Kesler, Higgins, Burrows, Booth.

Those are my next six shooters in the SO.

My S/O lineup:

Schroeder, Burrows, Hansen, Kesler, Kassian.

#157 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

The one rebound goal was a solid pad/toe save with Lu stretched out those will always be juicy rebounds and you need your d-man to get those. Rebound and quick goal for the Blues player in front. To me, not a bad rebound because of the tough initial save made.

yeah the d-men were nowhere to be found on that rebound, Oshie blew past both of them and put it home

#158 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

My S/O lineup:

Schroeder, Burrows, Hansen, Kesler, Kassian.

Schroeder should have gone first tonight, might as well give it to him since he got the winner in the last one why not

#159 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Yeah the Dman left his check open, but Lu can do better on those, lets be honest. He could have done better on all the goals tonight.

zackass.png

#160 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Bieksa pushed him.

I was chatting in STL forum and they said that he did, and on second look they were right, It looks like Backes even tried to get out of the way at the last second.

Refs didn't cost us tonight.

I saw that too. He was pushed.

Every loss there are ppl who complain about the refs. Sometimes refs do miss things but those things even out over a season.

Refs take their orders from the league. They call the game the way New York wants it called. It wasn't the refs who started the clutch and grab era and it wasn't them who decided on opening up the game post 2005 lockout.

The game is headed back towards a slower speed, more physical style. Too many injuries so the game needed to be slowed down a bit.

#161 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,537 posts

But Schneider is the "saviour"...the starter.....he has no excuse....

Can't stop
Lose job
Mind gone
Silicon
Stockholm
What bomb?
Get away
Pay day
Make hay
Break down
Need fix
Big six
Click click
Hold on
Oh no
Bingo! (Bingo!)

They are both the starter if you haven't noticed. :picard:

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 17 February 2013 - 10:47 PM.

zackass.png

#162 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

What are you going to say? Luongo's incredibly tall - his 5-hole is just big. It's not his fault he's tall.

That said, he was very underwhelming tonight. It's am mystery as to who starts next game, since both goalies played quite badly in their last outings.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#163 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Schroeder should have gone first tonight, might as well give it to him since he got the winner in the last one why not

That was my rationale for Schroeder. Burrows I feel you just have to have them in the first two. Hansen has a great top-shelf shot. Kesler can score in the Shootout. And Kassian just cause that move against Calgary.

#164 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Oh my god, shut the hell up. Do you brush out Lu's hair for him before bed too? Luongo was not good in this game. Gave up huge rebounds, soft goals. Period. Schneider should start next game. End of discussion.

Schneider loses against Dallas: "Luongo should start next game"

Luongo loses tonight: "Schneider should start next game"

Lol you guys should be the coach

#165 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Out shooters made that minor league goalie looked like Dominic Hasek.

#166 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,286 posts

Ugh. Can we please just hang on to a lead!? And can we please beat teams from outside the NW division!?

We won't encounter many Calgarys or Colorados or Minnesotas in the playoffs you know ;)
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#167 jag

jag

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

chicago the real test is here. This will tell me if the nucks will compete in this years playoffs. Up against the best playing their best in their arena.

#168 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Ehrhoff is ripping it up on his new team with 10 points in 15 games . Garrison has 2 points and hardly shoots at the net. 5 million for that big shot and I never see it. Salo is 38 years old and has 7 points FFS.

yawn :bored:

#169 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Burrows and the Sedins have been fine, in the playoffs they continue to produce for us. They aren't the problem.

We have plenty of size.

Kesler is big, Booth is big, and strong and powerful, Kassian is huge and is capable of being a top 6 forward, Higgins brings grit, The Sedins are tough, they battle through checks and always produce, Burrows has decent size, is gritty and doesn't back down. Raymond isn't as soft as people think, and his speed makes up for his lack of natural grit.

I just don't see that issue. It isn't why we lost, infact we won those battles tonight.

If MG and the organisation shared your thought they would not have started Kassian on the 1st line. Sedins asked for him on their line and on the PP. Clearly he's not ready hence the demotion to the 2nd line and soon to the 3rd after a terrible 2 games.

Again I'm not taking about 1 period, 1 game or 1 playoff series. I'm not talking about tonight. I'm talking about building a Stanley Cup winner.

I guess we agree to disagree. I think this team needs to get bigger. No doubt in my mind. Not bigger on the 4th line (I'd take that too), We need to get bigger on the top 6 and Defense.

#170 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

The good news? That's right, the hockey gods are blessing us yet again by injuring our next opponent's #1 goalie. Crawford appears to be out with a concussion.

#171 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

If MG and the organisation shared your thought they would not have started Kassian on the 1st line. Sedins asked for him on their line and on the PP. Clearly he's not ready hence the demotion to the 2nd line and soon to the 3rd after a terrible 2 games.

Again I'm not taking about 1 period, 1 game or 1 playoff series. I'm not talking about tonight. I'm talking about building a Stanley Cup winner.

I guess we agree to disagree. I think this team needs to get bigger. No doubt in my mind. Not bigger on the 4th line (I'd take that too), We need to get bigger on the top 6 and Defense.

We didn't. Burrows started with the Sedins, and they didn't play well, Kassian got a shift with them after a PK, played well, earned more shifts, then he scored with them. And the line was set. Burrows later won that spot back.

I guess we will. Although (I forgot to say this before) we do have a crease clearing Dman in Alberts, and we have a tough guy waiting in Vandermeer. So we have those options.

I think MG identified we needed to get bigger, and did so with Kassian and Booth now replacing Raymond and Sammuelsson in the top 6. (Although Raymond is playing great in his role)

zackass.png

#172 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Yeah the Dman left his check open, but Lu can do better on those, lets be honest. He could have done better on all the goals tonight.

Obviously, all goals on goalies, they can always do better.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#173 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

The good news? That's right, the hockey gods are blessing us yet again by injuring our next opponent's #1 goalie. Crawford appears to be out with a concussion.

I don't like calling someone else getting a serious injury "good news"...

But even still, Emery has been playing well for them.

#174 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Emery has a 2.17GAA and a .929 save %, he's not exactly an easy win the way he's playing

#175 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

anyways something interesting, anyone remember Bates Battagli from Carolina, played on the BBC line??

He is competing on this seasons Amazing Race!
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#176 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Ah yes, we've been owning backup goalies thus far.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#177 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

I don't like calling someone else getting a serious injury "good news"...

But even still, Emery has been playing well for them.

You are right of course, I should have said the good news for "true Canuck fans". I never wish injury on any player, not even the ones I hate. It is, after all, just a game. Steve Moore haters would, of course, disagree.

#178 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Our shooters are terrible in shootouts!

#179 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Our shooters are terrible in shootouts!

They were...... that's it :picard:
Kesler's attempt and Oshie's shootout goal was laughable

Didn't even see what happened to the puck on Oshie's attempt(goal)....
.....LOL

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#180 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Can we just stop this both goalies playing BS and just trade a damn goalie already? Like seriously, I'm sick of seeing a new thread pop up every time a starter is announced. I'm sick AV going to the next goalie each time that goalie does crap. It shows typical Canucks every time, losing faith in one, so off to the next. If we go in this years playoffs with both goalies, you can be sure that a cup is not coming here. We need another piece that will only come from a Schneider/Luongo trade.

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 17 February 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.