The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4

Ugli Fruit

I agree.

It's embaressing we can't win without great goaltending.

I didn't entirely blame Schneider last night and I'm not going to entirely blame Lu tonight either but both weren't great.

Still comes back to coaching to me. This team continues to blow leads, we are loaded with depth and as you say we can't win unless we get great goaltending and it is just embarrassing.

All comes back to coaching for me.

Last 2 games have been incredibly strange - overall, it's some low low's and bad luck. Canucks outchanced Blues 20-9, which is crazy unreal. This is the 2nd straight game where Nucks have massively outchanced their opponent and lost *bad luck*. But it's just a reminder that their goalies can't steal every game this season - team has to be better in front. They pretty much dominated the 3rd period - so that's good news.

Never understood why Kes is used in S/O, he has the moves of Daniel - lol.

Before it heats up full force, a reminder Kassian is a rookie. They have up and down seasons -it's allowed. They all do. He'll be fine, he's not a bust, he hasn't disappeared.

Also, if we think the officiating was bad tonight - wait till Chicago. They get all the calls. Mark my words. Time to waste them in regulation.

considering the 2 bad games schneiders stats are pretty decent .912 sv 2.62 gaa nothing spectacular at the end of the day he has the team 4 wins same as luongo even though loungo has 3 ot losses still losses if you add them as wins its luongo 5.5 wins schneider 4 wins

Just remember people, shootouts we have sucked for the past 3 years, yet we won back to back prez trophies. Point is who cares about shootouts, if we win great if we don't big deal, because I'm sure many of us don't give 2 sh!ts about another president trophy either.

Luongo was great in his last shootout, and he's looked decent in all of them this year up til that point. Schneider got eaten up in the last one. Our problem has never really been goalies in the shoot out. Our shooters are streaky as crap. We're usually lucky to get a goal. We usually don't score at all.

I'll just point out that 3 goals against isn't that bad and none of the goals allowed were particularly bad. Our goalies have won so many games almost single handedly this year, time for the players to win a game for our goalies when they're not at their very best?

Archived