42 replies to this topic

#31 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I second the notion for a glass of emotion!

#32 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

wow, some of you already have us in the playoffs. if you think loosing your drive in the middle of a game is a good way to loose. what do you think happens to teams that think they have an easy road to the playoffs?

#33 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

Too funny!!!
Posted Image

#34 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

wow, some of you already have us in the playoffs. if you think loosing your drive in the middle of a game is a good way to loose. what do you think happens to teams that think they have an easy road to the playoffs?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

regular season doesn't need as much emotion, just the ability to play consistentt and stack points. The playoffs on the other hand, need all the emotion possible.

Posted Image

#36 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

This is hilarious, but I can also use it to help illustrate my point.

The Canucks need to be more like that cat, and refuse to be intimidated by larger opponents.

#37 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

regular season doesn't need as much emotion, just the ability to play consistentt and stack points. The playoffs on the other hand, need all the emotion possible.

exactly.........we can't play consistent at all! What I am seeing is that we can't even play consistently for the full game! We come out great. We score a couple goals, sit back and seem to think "well, that is done" and then fizzle out period 2 and 3, but come on a bit in the 3rd when it's clear "oh ya, the game isn't over yet".

Points are one thing......how you get them is telling on how the playoffs will be. I agree with all the others that say you can't just "turn it on" for the playoffs when your M.O for 3 years is "stay calm."

thank you everyone for your insight.....I do hope I'm wrong come May, June, July and beyond....

#38 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

lmao @ canuck fans

first its toughness now we are lacking emotion

These have literally always been the main concerns, after goal scoring in the playoffs.

#39 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Honestly, both our coach and captain are monotone emotionless characters so I do not expect a sudden infusion of emotion. I did like the effort level the team has been playing with, unfortunately we've seen as the competition gets better we don't look so good.

Still some changes needed in the forward group.

#40 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image

now thats the funniest thing ive seen around here in ages!!...lmfao!! :lol:

#41 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hmm, seems like we had a ton of emotion in the two series against the Hawks, and we had our asses handed to us by the Hawks powerplay.

Two seasons ago we took the even keeled approach and made it to the finals.

Emotion = penalties for us. I would rather this team run like a well oiled machine that doesn't get rattled.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#42 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Regular season....naw. If they're not showing it in the playoffs then I'll get worried. In the meantime, no big highs and no big lows.

where have you been ..when did the canucks ever show emotion in the playoffs.....the game is too much like a business now...can't act happy out there....
Posted Image

#43 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Not only no emotion (but I do agree with OP)...no character. No push back and no second gear. Not being Debbie Downer, just honest and calling it like I see it, especially as I watch the Hawks storm back and take over after a goal against the flow of play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.