The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev promoted

mbal23

I'm guessing av is trying in garrison on the right side on the 3rd pair so he doesnt haft to play against top players and then once he is comfortable there he will put him with edler....where he should be

And for god sakes keep edler comfortable and keep him there....when's the last time you have seen a player play well when's he's forced to do something ?

Probably not a good sign that the youngest defenceman in the lineup looks like the safest at the moment. <_<

Tanev keeps it simple, makes the high percentage play. How many times do you see Tanev skating back franticly/getting burned? None. The other guys? Lots.

Edler and Tanev are both really smart players. Probably going to be a good pairing.

I don't know about putting Ballard on the right side again. We've seen an awful lot of that over the past two years and it hasn't been pretty.

I'm thinking MG better start looking around for a righty and trade Ballard before the deadline. Ballard has played well and has increased his value substantially. I like him a lot, but it seems we have a group of Dmen that simply cannot play their opposite side. I know we have Corrado coming up, but he won't be ready for at least a year. Get 'er done, Mike!

Probably not a good sign that the youngest defenceman in the lineup looks like the safest at the moment. <_<

Tanev keeps it simple, makes the high percentage play. How many times do you see Tanev skating back franticly/getting burned? None. The other guys? Lots.

Edler and Tanev are both really smart players. Probably going to be a good pairing.

I like the idea of Tanev getting promoted... I don't like the idea of messing with his chemistry with Ballard. I'm also not totally sure Tanev is experienced enough to make up for all of Edler's gaffes... I guess Ballard (moreso last year) has his defensive moments too and Tanev backed him up, so we'll see.

Hopefully Tanev will be what Hamhuis is to Bieksa and they can be an effective pairing.

Archived