The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Islanders Place Dipietro on Waivers

Provost

Wonder if they are in the market for another goalie? Hiller and a few other decent guys could be available.

I can't see NYI buying him out. They don't need to free up cap space and always struggle to hit the cap floor... why spend cash that avoids a cap hit that you need.

Having him play some time in the minors seems like the only logical reasoning. Maybe also hoping for a miracle in someone to pick him up.

This is the ridiculous contract that MG should have taken note of before signing Luongo to his absurdly large contract, IMO. This is an example of what happens when a player signs a massive deal and quite frankly busts, injuries notwithstanding.

Yeah ok bud. I want you to think about it like this. Say the shoe was on the other foot, and it was LUONGO who signed an incredibly large contract then played only 50 games in nearly 5 years. I'm not ridiculing DiPietro, I'm ridiculing the decision to give this young kid a lifetime contract in the 6th year of his career, AFTER signing a similar deal with Alexei Yashin before the 2001-2002 season of 10 years. I'm not questioning DiPietro...I'm questioning Isles management for making a bad business decision.

Archived