The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Made You A Canucks Fan?

Aladeen

The 2007 playoffs marked Luongo's first NHL post-season appearance. Facing the Dallas Stars in the opening round, he almost set an NHL record for most saves in a playoff game in his post-season debut. He stopped 72 shots, en route to a 5–4 quadruple overtime victory, one save shy of Kelly Hrudey's 73-save mark set in 1987.

ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHvv

The 2007 playoffs marked Luongo's first NHL post-season appearance. Facing the Dallas Stars in the opening round, he almost set an NHL record for most saves in a playoff game in his post-season debut. He stopped 72 shots, en route to a 5–4 quadruple overtime victory, one save shy of Kelly Hrudey's 73-save mark set in 1987.

ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHvv

TBH, the main reason for my being a Canucks fan is the Messier signing.

In the early 90s my dad wasn't really a fan of the Canucks, he mostly just watched the Oilers, since they were my Grandpa's favourite team, and Team Canada when they played. So, when the Canucks signed Messier, my dad thought that was pretty cool and started watching the Canucks. And since I mostly grew up with my dad as a Canucks fan, I gradually became a Canucks fan myself.

And that's the story of my life.

Started following the Canucks during the 94 cup run and have been a fan ever since.Grew up on the east coast of Canada so never really seen many west coast games on TV (82 team )because of the time difference back there.

I was a fan of several teams back in the late 60's (I guess mostly just a hockey fan...been playing since I was 2). Dad took me to a Toronto game at the old Pac Coliseum. I couldn't wait to see Sittler, Keon, Ellis and the rest of the Toronto stars play. But a funny thing happened...these upstart Canucks won the game...and I started to believe back then that this was the greatest hockey franchise on earth...fan ever since.

I wish I could say I was alive and watching the Canucks in the 70's and 80's, but it simply isn't the case. I can only watch the replays and hear the stories.

I became a Canucks fan after watching a few hockey games on CBC with my dad and brother. We played hockey quite regularly in our backyard tennis court (we rented the house and had a nice landlord). It eventually grew on me immensely, and I've been watching every Canucks game aired on TV since the early 2000's. My dream is to one day go to an actual game.

Try living in Edmonton in between 1970-75. The WHA Coilers were barely a twinkle of a zit on the ass of Bill Hunter. I'm glad I became a Canucks fan then. NHL Hockey versus WHA - a no-brainer. Then I moved to Vancouver. :) Best move my parents now made. My wife on the other hand became a diehard Vancouver Canucks fan when she moved from Louisiana to Vancouver in 2000. And my kids have been Canuck fans since birth. :)

These were the jerseys I remember...

canucks_jersey_7078.jpg

Because of my parents I have watched the Canucks since I was a baby. My earliest (clear) memory however is myself and the whole family going insane and losing our minds when Pavel Bure scored the OT winner against Calgary in Game 7. I was 5 years old and I just remember a sensation of pure Joy

I also have some fuzzy memories of being REALLY little and I believed the object of the game was to score on your own goalie lol

Archived