The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

Okay look.

It is great we won, I am happy, (1)but yet again the Sedins carried us, and Cory made big saves when we need him too, (2)LA began to takeover the game, (3)and could have come back, but (4)Quick failed and the Sedins pounced.

The issues though don't magically go away after 1 win, cause (5)we could lose tonight and suddenly they are back in the fore-front.

(6)The line combinations were terrible, Lappierre brought next to nothing to the 2nd line, as did Schroeder the 4th.

(7)The PP continues to struggle, our PK wasn't great, and (8)our systems are still getting picked apart. And AV still isn't changing and adapting.

(9)Meaning in the playoffs, I expect the same thing to happen last year. when we saw LA just exploit our age old systems, and come out way more motivated & focused than us.

But if you want to take this win, and act like everything is suddenly fixed. That's fine. A team this good is going to win, and going to play atleast 500 hockey, but this team is capable of so much more. That's why I am not sure why everyone is so content with leeching off the division, and then (10)scraping by agianst playoff teams like we have been so far this year.

Okay look.

It is great we won, I am happy, but yet again the Sedins carried us, and Cory made big saves when we need him too, LA began to takeover the game, and could have come back, but Quick failed and the Sedins pounced.

The issues though don't magically go away after 1 win, cause we could lose tonight and suddenly they are back in the fore-front.

The line combinations were terrible, Lappierre brought next to nothing to the 2nd line, as did Schroeder the 4th.

The PP continues to struggle, our PK wasn't great, and our systems are still getting picked apart. And AV still isn't changing and adapting.

Meaning in the playoffs, I expect the same thing to happen last year. when we saw LA just exploit our age old systems, and come out way more motivated & focused than us.

But if you want to take this win, and act like everything is suddenly fixed. That's fine. A team this good is going to win, and going to play atleast 500 hockey, but this team is capable of so much more. That's why I am not sure why everyone is so content with leeching off the division, and then scraping by agianst playoff teams like we have been so far this year.

If you'd bothered to read my first post today, you'd see that I said one game does not mean everything is rosy. No more so than two games mean the sky is falling. It seems like you can't refute my point, so you resort to attributing something to me that I haven't even said.

As far as you interpretation of the lineup, I couldn't disagree more. I thought the lines were very well balanced and I'm not even a little bit sold on the idea that the little bit of push back we saw from the Kings in the 2nd, was anything close to a "takeover". In fact, Anze Kopitar talked about the second as a bad period for the Kings.

As far as I'm concerned, without Schneider's puck-handling gaffe, the Canucks win that game going away.

Finally, I've responded to your "playoffs" opinion many times, in this thread and others. The point remains that when you credit the Canucks for being "lucky"with the way Quick played last night, it's only fair to consider their bad luck in having to face the Conn Smythe winning goaltender in two consecutive playoffs, as well as the bad luck of injuries/suspensions in both of those series.

But we all know the thought process of AV haters: Victories are in spite of the coach and losses are because of him...

Oh yeah, i forgot...

Seriously AV?

Alberts and Barker over Ballard?

In case you havent noticed, after Cgy changed coaches to Hartley, they are more run and gun with speed. They are a soft team with no physical presence.

You don't need Alberts or Barker in there over Ballard

What the eff is the matter with you?

Ballard BETTER be getting traded because if this is honestly due to AV's talent analysis, MG should just leave AV at the bus stop in Cgy.

Lol after I just had this outburst, I realized maybe I jumped the gun

Is Ballard injured or sick?

Can anybody give me a logical explanation of why Ballard has been benched?

Saw some tweets quoting AV on the benching saying that he feels these other guys give us a better chance to win. Really? Alberts and Barker give us that? Just wow!!

Funny how AV's dog house works...Edler can play piss poor and cost us games yet not miss a minute. Ballard makes a mistake and he's in the dog house. I just don't get it.

Finally, I've responded to your "playoffs" opinion many times, in this thread and others. The point remains that when you credit the Canucks for being "lucky"with the way Quick played last night, it's only fair to consider their bad luck in having to face the Conn Smythe winning goaltender in two consecutive playoffs, as well as the bad luck of injuries/suspensions in both of those series.

But we all know the thought process of AV haters: Victories are in spite of the coach and losses are because of him...

Archived