The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth vs Bust

fanfor42

i was happy we traded for him although sad we had to give up our most experienced playoff proven only stanley cup winner in samuelsson.

He has be hampered by injuries, I hope he sees top 6 min again soon, too bad Kesler got hurt again.

But since we acquired him I was really hoping he would have been given a chance to play with the twins. We know Burrows can play with Kesler.

Unfortunately I cant see our current coach making a move like that and giving him an opportunity to play with the twins, and even if he did Booth would be on a short leash and one bad turn over or play and he would get exhiled and never given a shot again. This really irks me about AV

Booth will be bought out for sure after this season. He just isn't a impact player but is paid like one.

Mike Gillis hasn't brought in any impact forward yet.

Higgins is probably the best offensive forward brought in under the

Gillis regime and that is kind of sad. He drafted one in Hodgson but when all know what happened there.

Gillis is a failure as a GM and can't live off the laurels of the Burke and Nonis regime any longer. The Canucks really should bring back Burke. He isn't perfect (Kessel move was the pits) but he has a better understanding of talent than Gillis. The Leafs are a team he put together but ironically the talent he assembled is only gelling now that he is gone. he won't be out of work for long though. I'm just not sure he would work with our owenership group. The Aquliini's are really slimy people.

Try Booth out with the seasons for at least 3-5 games! Although Booth is not a gifted finisher, he can still pot in 20+ goals in a healthy year. If we've tried guys like Hansen and Lapierre with them, guys with worse hands than Booth, and they can manage to produce at a decent level, why not try a guy who has been a proven 2nd liner in his career. He had his best success with Weiss in Florida, a great passer, so play him with Hank and let's see how he does.

So far the guy's put up 30 points in 62 games as a Canuck. Not too shabby but not $4.25 million dollars worth either. When compared to Raymond, Higgins, and Hansen that all make $2.25M or less it should be obvious he is getting paid way too much for his contribution. He has two more years left on his contract. I'd say either renegotiate that down to $3.0M in the off season or deal him.

So far the guy's put up 30 points in 62 games as a Canuck. Not too shabby but not $4.25 million dollars worth either. When compared to Raymond, Higgins, and Hansen that all make $2.25M or less it should be obvious he is getting paid way too much for his contribution. He has two more years left on his contract. I'd say either renegotiate that down to $3.0M in the off season or deal him.

Archived