The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Andrew Ebbett recalled by Canucks

hockeyville88

Volpatti does not play center.I think that is where you are somewhat confused,Smasshian.

Ebbett also is the least paid Canuck with a salary and cap hit of 600k.

Nearing half the salary of Schroeder and Lappy ,while arguably bringing a better defensive game -and certainly more experienced and versatile- he is a bargain at near half the price of no. 2 and no. 3.

Barring trades or miracles. I think we should send the Sedins and Edler back to Sweden, Bieksa to Ontario, Hamhuis and Garrison can go fishing, Schneider, Schroeder, Booth, Ballard, Higgins and Kes can fly south, Luongo can relax on a Florida beach, Hansen can go to Copenhagen, Lapierre to Quebec, and Raymond can go to Alberta - and the Canucks can try for a great draft pick.

The Hodgson trade looks worse by the day. Hodgson has 17 points, by the way, which would make him the third highest scorer on the Canucks, one point behind Henrik. MG's job with Hodgson and his family was to put them in a room and tell them to shut the f8ck up - he, MG, runs the team, not them - if they want Cody to be playing on the worse team in the ECHL until his contract runs out and nobody knows who the heck he is, they can keep talking - and when his contract runs out, he will still be a UFA and will end up back on an even lower team - that will be his career. Or he could play in Russia, and they can watch him over there and fly on Russian aircraft. Any attitude on Hodgson's part, and the story is the same. But, unfortunately, MG didn't have enough sack for that, so we lose a centre and have a surplus of wingers that we don't need. Instead of a first or second line centre, we have a guy who played 6 minutes on our fourth line winger and looks like he doesn't even deserve that.

I find it fishy that we didn't opt for the 13th forward. Does this have something to do with Pinizzotto being activated, and thus being listed on an NHL roster despite conditioning?

Also shouldn't Bieksa's injury free up another spot? As far as I can tell we have a 21 man active roster with 2 slots open but we still send down the only other centre on our depth chart...

I find it fishy that we didn't opt for the 13th forward. Does this have something to do with Pinizzotto being activated, and thus being listed on an NHL roster despite conditioning?

Also shouldn't Bieksa's injury free up another spot? As far as I can tell we have a 21 man active roster with 2 slots open but we still send down the only other centre on our depth chart...

Volpatti does not play center.I think that is where you are somewhat confused,Smasshian.

Ebbett also is the least paid Canuck with a salary and cap hit of 600k.

Nearing half the salary of Schroeder and Lappy ,while arguably bringing a better defensive game -and certainly more experienced and versatile- he is a bargain at near half the price of no. 2 and no. 3.

Archived