Send the bum back down.

#62 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Do you always put a smiley face at the end of every post?

because thats how he rolls :)
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#63 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Volpatti does not play center.I think that is where you are somewhat confused,Smasshian.

Ebbett also is the least paid Canuck with a salary and cap hit of 600k.

Nearing half the salary of Schroeder and Lappy ,while arguably bringing a better defensive game -and certainly more experienced and versatile- he is a bargain at near half the price of no. 2 and no. 3.

$600k is over paying for ebbett, he should pay the Canucks when he plays $20 drop in fee min.

#64 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

:picard: Gillis. Why you make me so angry?

#65 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

great 2 5"9 centers, i don't think gillis understands how to make this team any better

#66 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

So our centres for up to the next 6 weeks: Henrik, Schroeder, Ebbett and Lapierre. :unsure:

Barring trades or miracles. I think we should send the Sedins and Edler back to Sweden, Bieksa to Ontario, Hamhuis and Garrison can go fishing, Schneider, Schroeder, Booth, Ballard, Higgins and Kes can fly south, Luongo can relax on a Florida beach, Hansen can go to Copenhagen, Lapierre to Quebec, and Raymond can go to Alberta - and the Canucks can try for a great draft pick.

The Hodgson trade looks worse by the day. Hodgson has 17 points, by the way, which would make him the third highest scorer on the Canucks, one point behind Henrik. MG's job with Hodgson and his family was to put them in a room and tell them to shut the f8ck up - he, MG, runs the team, not them - if they want Cody to be playing on the worse team in the ECHL until his contract runs out and nobody knows who the heck he is, they can keep talking - and when his contract runs out, he will still be a UFA and will end up back on an even lower team - that will be his career. Or he could play in Russia, and they can watch him over there and fly on Russian aircraft. Any attitude on Hodgson's part, and the story is the same. But, unfortunately, MG didn't have enough sack for that, so we lose a centre and have a surplus of wingers that we don't need. Instead of a first or second line centre, we have a guy who played 6 minutes on our fourth line winger and looks like he doesn't even deserve that.

#67 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

The Canucks still have one roster spot. Y u waive Volpatti?

Pinizotto.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#68 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Barring trades or miracles. I think we should send the Sedins and Edler back to Sweden, Bieksa to Ontario, Hamhuis and Garrison can go fishing, Schneider, Schroeder, Booth, Ballard, Higgins and Kes can fly south, Luongo can relax on a Florida beach, Hansen can go to Copenhagen, Lapierre to Quebec, and Raymond can go to Alberta - and the Canucks can try for a great draft pick.

The Hodgson trade looks worse by the day. Hodgson has 17 points, by the way, which would make him the third highest scorer on the Canucks, one point behind Henrik. MG's job with Hodgson and his family was to put them in a room and tell them to shut the f8ck up - he, MG, runs the team, not them - if they want Cody to be playing on the worse team in the ECHL until his contract runs out and nobody knows who the heck he is, they can keep talking - and when his contract runs out, he will still be a UFA and will end up back on an even lower team - that will be his career. Or he could play in Russia, and they can watch him over there and fly on Russian aircraft. Any attitude on Hodgson's part, and the story is the same. But, unfortunately, MG didn't have enough sack for that, so we lose a centre and have a surplus of wingers that we don't need. Instead of a first or second line centre, we have a guy who played 6 minutes on our fourth line winger and looks like he doesn't even deserve that.

Hodgson also has 8 goals which would make him our team leader... but its okay, we have Ebbett now :frantic:

#69 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

I can believe this team is full of Nonis rejects. Ebbett? Why is he still here? Weiss??? Booth?? These guys are so unlikeable. Where is linden naslund bertuzzi Morrison ohlund ...

#70 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Boooooooo

Send the bum back down.

He did. :bigblush:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#71 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Wait so Ebbett was sent back down right away?

So the lineup will be:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Raymond Hansen
Booth Lapierre Kassian
Sestito Schroeder Weise

That's what the lines were at practice.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#72 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

So the lineup will be:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Raymond Hansen
Booth Lapierre Kassian
Sestito Schroeder Weise

Wow those are terrible terrible lines. Hope thats not what they use tomorrow night.

Edited by greenbean30, 01 March 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#73 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Wow those are terrible terrible lines. Hope thats not what they use tomorrow night.

It should be:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Schroeder Burrows
Raymond Lapierre Hansen
Sestito Higgins Weise

Posted Image

#74 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I find it fishy that we didn't opt for the 13th forward. Does this have something to do with Pinizzotto being activated, and thus being listed on an NHL roster despite conditioning?

Also shouldn't Bieksa's injury free up another spot? As far as I can tell we have a 21 man active roster with 2 slots open but we still send down the only other centre on our depth chart...

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#75 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I find it fishy that we didn't opt for the 13th forward. Does this have something to do with Pinizzotto being activated, and thus being listed on an NHL roster despite conditioning?

Also shouldn't Bieksa's injury free up another spot? As far as I can tell we have a 21 man active roster with 2 slots open but we still send down the only other centre on our depth chart...

Yea, I think it does have to do with Pinizzotto, that's why Volpatti was put on waivers. If they had waited for the results on Kesler, we wouldn't have lost anyone, but oh well.

And as far as I know Bieksa isn't on IR so he still counts towards a roster spot.

With this extra spot open, it would be nice for the Canucks to call up Sweatt and give him some games until Pini's ready to go. He's been playing real well for the Wolves lately.

Posted Image

#76 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

It should be:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Schroeder Burrows
Raymond Lapierre Hansen
Sestito Higgins Weise

It should be, but knowing AV, I would expect Luongo to be lining up alongside the Sedins long before we see anything normal like this.

zackass.png

#77 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Volpatti does not play center.I think that is where you are somewhat confused,Smasshian.

Ebbett also is the least paid Canuck with a salary and cap hit of 600k.

Nearing half the salary of Schroeder and Lappy ,while arguably bringing a better defensive game -and certainly more experienced and versatile- he is a bargain at near half the price of no. 2 and no. 3.

Should re-read the post ;)

Lost Volpatti to recall Ebbett, you gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Ebbett as 4th line LW?

Didn't we have a better option that we don't have anymore, Aar.. Aaron... Aaron Vol-something?

Oh and Schroeder >>> Ebbett, there is a reason he is making that money, and Ebbett isn't. It is because Schroeder is the better player. Ditto for Lappy.

zackass.png

#78 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Ebbett was called up when Kes was put on IR. Then sent straight back down. There's a trade coming. Or maybe GMMG has discovered the waiver wire. Any good centers on it at the moment?

#79 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

So the lineup will be:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Raymond Hansen
Booth Lapierre Kassian
Sestito Schroeder Weise

Wtf, if Lappy and Schroeder aren't switched it's clear AV has gone full retard.

Edit: Didn't see Raymond was playing center..lmao....okay...

Edited by TheGame., 01 March 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#80 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Gillis :picard:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.