The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

Heretic

Another crappy MG move. The stock in this team just keeps dropping and dropping. He was laughed at in the UK league.

Makes you wonder if he was suitable for a PT winning team like the Canucks why did Washington not pick him up instead of Volpatti?

I now dread every trade/signing this guy makes.

How is Sestito defensively? Is he the type of player that can play 10 minutes a night? His point total is a positive even though that is a small sample size.

I'll wait and see how he plays in real life.

I really don't think that MG would waive Volpatti if it was easily avoidable, so I will assume that the current CBA does not allow a seamless transition from IR to a conditioning stint. Seems like the Volpatti and Luongo for Parros trade fell through...

Good question. Don't know that much about his play to be able to say from watching, but he has a pretty reasonable Corsi QoC (played against some tougher commpetition) but his Corsi On (what he generated for chances) was very low in Philly. He did have really good improvement from his O-zone start to finish rate so it at least appears Philly was able to clear their zone and get it into the other team's end during his shifts.

Corsi QoC: 0.710 (Briere was next above him with 0.722)

Corsi On: -14.85 (Volpatti was nearly even at -0.52)

O-Zone start/finish: 42.9/60.5% (similar to Volpatti's 33.9/62.5%, Talbot has 32.5/43.4 by comparison)

He plays about 9 shifts per game and averages under 6 mins. Has 9 hits in 7 games, along with one block and two giveaways. His 12 penalty minutes consist of two majors and 1 minor. Nothing spectacular, just a big 4th liner.

I had this guy in a fantasy GM league so I learned a bit about him. I like the fact that I'll get to see what he's actually all about. Here is his hockey future bio and statline. His numbers are actually quite impressive for what he brings and for all the goon mentalists out there you got your wish. Let's see if it pays off. I pretty much guarantee no one ever touches the Sedins again. Oh wait, this is real life that's not going to happen.

http://www.hockeysfu.../tommy_sestito/

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=80210

Another crappy MG move. The stock in this team just keeps dropping and dropping. He was laughed at in the UK league.

Makes you wonder if he was suitable for a PT winning team like the Canucks why did Washington not pick him up instead of Volpatti?

I now dread every trade/signing this guy makes.

Now the question is whether or not he's more of an intimidating presence than Volpatti?

What I'd love to see now is a move to get a player in the mold of a Ryan Clowe or Ryan Getzlaf (ie. a tough nasty forward) by trading one of our goalies and possibly a defenceman to make room for Vandermeer B)

Having Sestito, Kassian, Vandermeer, Bieksa, and the tough nasty forward in our lineup will help our team toughness tremendously.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss I called it!

Guy can play. Take a look at his stats. 42 goals in his last year of junior. Over .5 PPG in the AHL and had a 2 goal game earlier this year against Tampa.

6'5 228 beast. Not the best fighter, but has the strength and size to fight anyone.

Archived