The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

Heretic

Younger, bigger, better fighter, and better NHL/AHL stats than Volpatti sounds like a decent upgrade to me. Always a nice feeling that we have a big tough guy on the team, teams will think twice now about running our guys. Good move on paper IMO. We will see. Hopefully he's in the lineup tomorrow against LA.

Younger, bigger, better fighter, and better NHL/AHL stats than Volpatti sounds like a decent upgrade to me. Always a nice feeling that we have a big tough guy on the team, teams will think twice now about running our guys. Good move on paper IMO. We will see. Hopefully he's in the lineup tomorrow against LA.

Another crappy MG move. The stock in this team just keeps dropping and dropping. He was laughed at in the UK league.

Makes you wonder if he was suitable for a PT winning team like the Canucks why did Washington not pick him up instead of Volpatti?

I now dread every trade/signing this guy makes.

Another crappy MG move. The stock in this team just keeps dropping and dropping. He was laughed at in the UK league.

Makes you wonder if he was suitable for a PT winning team like the Canucks why did Washington not pick him up instead of Volpatti?

I now dread every trade/signing this guy makes.

Well there goes the belief that Volpatti was sent down to free up a roster space.

If we can pick someone else up, it means we sent him down because we thought we could do better.

Sestito isn't really much different... bigger version, not a an accomplished fighter though... at least as a heavyweight.

You could have done the Pinizotto move without waiving Volpatti. Simply wait and call up Ebbett a day later. Or send Schroeder down for a day (not subject to waivers) in order to activate Pinizotto for the conditioning stint. Heck... they could have used the IR conditioning stint where you don't even need to activate the player to assign him to the Wolves.

If they wanted to keep Volpatti on the roster, they had lots of options. They didn't think it was worth doing any of these and weren't terribly worried about the risk of losing Vopatti.

Now they should sit a defenseman who is sucking wind in his own zone (I'm looking at you Edler) and bring up Jim Vandermeer. Having beasts like that on the ice will allow us to throw the opposition around for a change. It's time the Canucks were ready for war. If we can't do it on the scoresheet, let's beat everyone else into submission!

Now they should sit a defenseman who is sucking wind in his own zone (I'm looking at you Edler) and bring up Jim Vandermeer. Having beasts like that on the ice will allow us to throw the opposition around for a change. It's time the Canucks were ready for war. If we can't do it on the scoresheet, let's beat everyone else into submission!

It seems like you didn't read the rest of my post.

And he can't be on IR and also on a conditioning stint, he has to come back to the active roster first then be sent down for conditioning. If you can play (even if it's in the AHL), you aren't injured. If you aren't injured, you can't be on IR. We needed a roster space to bring him off IR, whatever you think of the other options for making that happen.

Archived