The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GIllis after hours

MLT

except, none of us have the CDF to do his job....two president's trophies, game 7 of SCF and good moves to date.....not always exciting hockey but guys giving their all for the team...parity makes it hard to go on chicago type runs...

gillis is always looking to improve the team but he won't make a bad trade.....let's see gillis or cdc'ers? hmmm.

To me,that means he can't trade,even though he created the division within his own players and conditions to upset his players in doing so.

He took his team through a roller coaster media ride for nine months and cares less.

Gary Roberts and Mikael Samuelsson are not a happy part of the Gillis family legacy notion.

I wonder how many children's parents in Iraq and elsewhere that died suffering think highly of George?

Estimates of one million children under the age of 5 suffered to their deaths under the US embargo on Iraq that preceded the war on Iraq.Estimates well over a million deaths are recorded as having been caused by George Bush Jr.'s decision to take out Iraq for oil and the US dollar world fiat supremacy.Anybody that supports genocide is a fool.

Yes certainly we have a player for the future!

As for the here and now; we have what I would prefer to call an incomplete trade. We desperately needed a RW (even more a big one), but we lost a valuable centre. You can argue CoHo would have played behind Hank/Kess. Well currently Kassian is playing behind Hansen and Burrows. Kass looked promising when with the Twins; but he is not mature enough to drive a line by himself. I call it incomplete, because on a 3rd line without a centre like, ahem, CoHo, Kassian himself is not really helping us.

Rob from Peter to pay Paul! With all of Kesler's injuries CoHo would very likely have been more valuable.

If we wish to call this trade a success, the Nucks have to either get a centre who Kassian can work off, or give him time with the Twins (and make successful use of Burrows elsewhere). I'm not calling the trade a failure. But we have not made it work, yet!

I don't think the Coho trade was a bad one given the situation. He managed to address team needs and we have a great player for the future. The only reason it looks bad is with the Kesler and Maholtra issues.

What would you expect him to say about Feaster? You don't throw other GM's under the bus and then expect to keep solid working relationships around the league. I agree with you on Feaster but what benefit would there be to Gillis to point this out?

Gillis is a steady, thoughtful person.

If he adhered to the many suggestions posted on CDC, most of this team would be traded for plugs, fired, or sent to languish in the minors. I'm glad to hear him taking the long view.

5 years, 2 President's Trophies, 4 NW division Titles, 4 playoff appearances (won 5 series, lost 4), Got to SCF game 7.

Gillis is right, we have a lot to be happy about as fans.

He is icing a competitive, entertaining, and talented team every year.

As a footnote, I wasn't a fan of the Hodgson trade, but the jury is still out on that one. I don't think it's akin to the Cam Neeley trade in scope and caliber though. But I can live with not liking every move MG makes.

Be that as it may,one would think Gary would not call out his good friend Mike in public with the "moron" quote:

"I talked to Cody after this came out with Gillis," Roberts told BuffaloNews.com. "I know he's on vacation, and I said, 'Hey, I know you went through a lot of stress. How are you feeling about some of those comments?' He said, 'Gary, I've dealt with a lot of stuff there in the last three years, and I'm just going to take the high road.'

"For me, I'd like to be the guy that looks at Mike Gillis and says, 'You're a moron.’ "

http://www.sportsnet...on_mike_gillis/

erhoff wanted a 10 year contract thank god gillis didnt sign him to a contract, 4 to 5 years for sure not ten years , so buffalo signed him to a stupid contract , and now they are stuck with him for 10 years , people are complaining about lou contract , it is the same type of deal , hodgson wanted out good ridance traded his ass for kassian , sure cody can score but his plus minus is horrible and cody is playing on the top line if kassian was with the twins for the same amount time points would prolly be similar , well next year will be the tell tale sign of how good or bad gm mike gillis is

Archived