491 replies to this topic

#301 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

No, just confident enough to make an educated assumption on a message board that the coach will be axed before the general manager

IMO, MG's job is secure based on the organization's overall success/improvements, which includes but is not limited to the teams current on-ice performance.

We are probably in agreement. My original post said IF MG doesn't make a move (re: AV) Aquilini might. If MG dumps AV, I'm right. If he doesn't, I could also be right.

#302 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Maybe if we scored more than 1 goal that wouldn't have happened.

Funny that same defense against COLUMBUS doesn't help Schneids...right?
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#303 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Did anyone else notice Edler had another sub par game? How long is his leash going to be? I seem to recall guys like Subban, Myers, Gologoski, Vlasic, and Fowler watching from the press box once or twice in the last few years.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#304 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Funny that same defense against COLUMBUS doesn't help Schneids...right?

Exactly!!!!!!!!

Now we are on the same page.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#305 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'm not blaming Cory for anything.
Merely pointing out that he has been an average goalie this year - no where near how he played last year.

Bringing up the SCF to show how people defend Cory but throw Luongo under the bus.

Comment like "we only scored 1 goal" is the same as what happened in the SCF.

Schneider kept it tied until OT...which is more than I can say for Lou when Boston rolled them in the Finals
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#306 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Lol. I've added him to the blocked list, and realized it's become a very lengthy list lately :)

Wait... you can block people?

... Fantastic.

#307 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Did anyone else notice Edler had another sub par game? How long is his leash going to be? I seem to recall guys like Subban, Myers, Gologoski, Vlasic, and Fowler watching from the press box once or twice in the last few years.

Press box is Ballard's turf. No way does AV let anyone get in on that real estate.
Posted Image

#308 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Schneider kept it tied until OT...which is more than I can say for Lou when Boston rolled them in the Finals

Yeah...2 shutouts for Luongo wasn't good enough...

Again - we lost the SCF for the same reason as tonight - WE COULDN"T SCORE!

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#309 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

But Columbus actually works pretty hard and say what you will but they hold guys accountable there. Both are things the Canucks have stopped doing.

The Canucks country club atmoshpere needs to go.....get rid of the coaching staff and hire Ruff already.

and when this team was actually winning games, they were dominating the other team. we haven't seen that... since kes came back and Vigs decided to change the lineups from something that worked to... Panic mode

Edited by Olias, 07 March 2013 - 09:19 PM.

29qmupt.jpg

Twilight isn't impressed.

#310 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

So, how has Cory played so far this year? Consistent?

The prosecution rests.

How has the team in front played? Luongo played against Edmonton (crappy divisional team), a struggling LA that couldn't score for crap at the beginning of the year, Colorado (LOL without Landeskog AND O'Reilly), Blackhawks (fine, I give him props for that), Wild (another crappy divisional team), poorly against St. Louis, and then against Nashville that couldn't score. After that he got blown out against Detroit and was very average against the Lames.

#311 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Wait... you can block people?

... Fantastic.

Ya, I just found this out lately too. Under your profile and 'manage ignored users". It's good stuff :)

#312 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Lou gave up those goals early in those losses...the Canucks didn't have time to score a goal.

Having said that, there were other issues, namely Hamhuis being injured and Rome thrown out of the series (which i still don't agree with)

It wasn't ALL Lou's fault...but he wasn't very good either. It was a poor end to that series all around.
Posted Image

#313 SniperJDC

SniperJDC

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

The nucks are absolutely horrendous in their own zone right now. Edler really needs to clean up his play and the team is just making it way too easy to come into their zone.

#314 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,492 posts

Oh my god! Only on CDC could a post game thread be devoted so heavily to hating a player who didn't even play.

Way more to talk about than some people's Luo hate. Cory was ok, not great. (Had that been Luo people would blame him for the loss.) The rest of the team played like they were underwater. Hope to see Luo next game. Hope even more to see our offense!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#315 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

He would have never needed the second shutout if he just played DECENTLY in games 3 and 4. Even after getting the shutout and even if he was forgiven for those games after game 5, what does he do next game? Hooked after 3 goals in what would become the fastest four goals in SCF history.

#316 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,533 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

and when this team was actually winning games, they were dominating the other team. we haven't seen that... since kes came back and Vigs decided to change the lineups from something that worked to... Panic mode

We haven't seen that since the 2010-11 regular season......

#317 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

He would have never needed the second shutout if he just played DECENTLY in games 3 and 4. Even after getting the shutout and even if he was forgiven for those games after game 5, what does he do next game? Hooked after 3 goals in what would become the fastest four goals in SCF history.

Consistency is a goalie's best virtue. By the end, Tim Thomas was bodychecking the Sedins. The reffing in that series was horrible by the way. You can tell Colin Campbell wanted his son's name on the Cup. Marchand feeding Sedin, and the ref is standing there, waiting for Sedin to hit back, so that he can assess him a roughing penalty.

frack the refs, frack Campbell, frack Bettman and frack the NHL.
Posted Image

#318 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Lou gave up those goals early in those losses...the Canucks didn't have time to score a goal.

Having said that, there were other issues, namely Hamhuis being injured and Rome thrown out of the series (which i still don't agree with)

It wasn't ALL Lou's fault...but he wasn't very good either. It was a poor end to that series all around.

Yeah...we lost 4-0 twice to the Bruins...our shutouts were 1-0.

Again - Canucks scored 8 goals in 7 games.

That's why we lost.

Wouldn't have mattered who was in net.

Posted Image

#319 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Really?

Kind of like Luongo against Boston in the SCF now right?

About time you guys fell down that trap.

Canucks scored only 8 goals in 7 games yet most on here blamed Luongo.

God lord.

We played the worst team in the NHL. Cory let in 1 goal in regulation. We should be able to score more than 1 goal in regulation against the worst team in the NHL.

The SCF wasn't Lu's fault. Although unlike Cory he didn't let in 1 goal in regulation against the NHL's worst team, he let in alot when we needed a big save.

Cory made alot of big saves in this game.

Cory got us the point, how anyone can blame Cory when the entire rest of the team is playing like **** and the coaching staff is as incompetent as can be, is just remarkably stupid.

zackass.png

#320 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,533 posts

The nucks are absolutely horrendous in their own zone right now. Edler really needs to clean up his play and the team is just making it way too easy to come into their zone.

You know, for a coach who is apparently coated in teflon for his ability to train two way players, our defensive game all around certainly sucks, doesn't it?

FIRE AV and give someone else a chance to see what thye can do. If nothing else, it will at least be exciting either way.

#321 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Yeah...the Canucks had scored a whopping 5 goals after 4 games.

Posted Image

#322 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Not one of those is a fact.

LOL - WOW

denial aint a river champ

#323 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

We played the worst team in the NHL. Cory let in 1 goal in regulation. We should be able to score more than 1 goal in regulation against the worst team in the NHL.

This captures my sentiment regarding this game.
Posted Image

#324 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

God lord.

The SCF wasn't Lu's fault. Although unlike Cory he didn't let in 1 goal in regulation against the NHL's worst team, he let in alot when we needed a big save.

Cory made alot of big saves in this game.

Cory got us the point, how anyone can blame Cory when the entire rest of the team is playing like **** and the coaching staff is as incompetent as can be, is just remarkably stupid.

I'm not blaming Cory for the loss - that's the difference.

I'm blaming the Canucks for not scoring...

Posted Image

#325 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

:picard:

zackass.png

#326 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

i think the defensive coach, whomever that is needs to go. they have gotten into his head, he's too nervous now, overthinking, and thus getting into trouble...he needs to focus on what his game is vs trying to be mr everything and my guess is the coaching staff is trying to get him to be mr everything.

think of it this way, if you play golf and go to a golf pro and he tries to change everything in your swing at the same time, what happens? information overload, you end up doing everything wrong and play worse.

you tinker with one thing at a time, and your game improves. they are not coaching well and even our endzone play is proving it.

#327 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

:picard:

And....

Posted Image

#328 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Yeah...the Canucks had scored a whopping 5 goals after 4 games.

Yeah, the Canucks had a whopping 2-0 lead in the series too. It doesn't matter how many goals you are scoring in the games you win, what matters is that you win. How is a team suffering injuries able to outscore multi goal leads that are given up just within the first period of the game? You usually don't. The fact is the Canucks needed Luongo to play like an elite goalie, something he did in some of the games, but in the other games you might as well have put a traffic cone in net. I don't believe its only Luongo that deserves the blame, however, his play was like adding gasoline to a fire.

#329 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

And....

Lol

I don't know.

Lets just fire AV and see where we go from there.

zackass.png

#330 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Sorry - he wants to be number 1 then he needs to play like number 1.

I won't leave him alone as long as he is playing average - yes, so is the team. He doesn't get a free ride because some here on CDC coddle him.

:picard: Short term memory?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.