145 replies to this topic

#91 curtman81

curtman81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

All this hype for an average AHLer just shows how awful Vancouver's just shows me how bad our situation is...

Dude,did you proof read that before you posted it? lmao

#92 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Again, sad state we are in when people get excited about a 28 year old seeing his first nhl action as 'big deal'

I will be more excited when the headline reads one of the following :

Schneider traded

Luongo traded

Edler traded

AV fired

I Love Lamp...

#93 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,094 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Again, sad state we are in when people get excited about a 28 year old seeing his first nhl action as 'big deal'

Schneider traded

Luongo traded

Edler traded

AV fired

Unfortunately, I fear this will be our biggest move of the season.
Posted Image

#94 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

schroeder has 72 pts and +28 in the same number of games (2010/11-2011/12). the difference? schroeder is a 1st round pick who's supposed to be in the top 6, whereas pinnizotto's role in the nhl is as a physical depth forward.

pretty telling, actually.

Agreed. However, no sense in really responding to "fan boy" posts.
Posted Image

#95 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

I thought he was really impressive in training camp two seasons ago,and basically earned a spot on the team ..very noticeable with his hitting,stirring it up etc.

What I'd like to know is, who's going to press box when Pinnizotto gets in the lineup?

At any opportunity, for any reason, any chance AV gets...Ballard. (and before any smartarse responds, yes, i know they play different positions. <_< )

My question is: If we're deliberately icing a 4th liner, to play as a 4th liner, and presumably getting 4th line minutes, what does AV do to F that up? Swap him out with Henrik?
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#96 TrogBurr24

TrogBurr24

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

All this hype for an average AHLer just shows how awful Vancouver's just shows me how bad our situation is...

? you are aware, we are still first in the division right now. go throw in your towel for some other team. Life isn't that bad, just cause we have been spoiled with NHL forwards for last couple years, doesn't mean you don't get excited for the potential of an upgrade on a struggling 4th line. some people just cant help but find a way to be negative. cheer up butter cup.

#97 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

So is he playing tonight?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#98 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,880 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Folks who don't care about fourth liners or the potential to improve the fourth line are pretentious hockey fans imo.

'Oh, mere Pinizzotto... wake me up when we land a top 6....'

If he performs and produces like Chris Neil I doubt folks will be feigning disinterest.

#99 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Schneider traded

Luongo traded

Edler traded

AV fired

No ones getting all that excited about Pinizzotto. There just isn't that much to else to talk about. The topics you mentioned have been beaten to death. I'd rather hear about something new, even if its just Pinizzotto's long awaited debut. He was fairly sought after by other teams when we signed him and it'll be nice to finally see what he can do.

#100 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hopefully he plays tonight! He will be a great addition to our 4th line if he can play the way he did back in pre-season last year.

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#101 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

He's gonna win the Calder for sure.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#102 canucksnhl

canucksnhl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

The hype is around this guy so that our top players can just focus on playing hockey
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#103 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

kill it man, wish him luck! Debut always good
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#104 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Maybe thats why we keep bringing up and sending down Ebbett, to hope someone will claim him.

#105 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Don't get your hopes up guys... Im sure he'll be great but you gotta realize he missed a lot of games due to injury. He'll be a step back but will get better as the season progress which we can be hopeful for.
Posted Image

#106 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

We definately need some heart out there. Althoug Booth did nothing but impress me against the Blue Jackets yesterday. I know he didn't score, but IMO that was his best game wearing green and blue.

Here are some vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuPBD3xQmoM&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWu-cgeKVLw&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1LGmJlI1qo&feature=player_detailpage

I wasn't really too impressed with his fighting skills, I guess he is holding his own at least... Anybody have any highlights of some goals that he's scored?? Or better yet some hits? B)

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#107 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Get him into the lineup ASAP and let him play his way back to comfort. Forget about an AHL conditioning stint, we need him to build his game back up in the NHL. He was hands-down our best player at preseason a couple of seasons ago with some amazing passes, great skating and even a good shot, not to mention his hitting and fighting. This guy is probably one of the most complete players the Canucks have and he'll surprise everyone if he plays to the standard he was 2 years ago.

Start him off on the 4th line and eventually swap him with Lapierre for the 3rd line role. He can kill penalties and play an effective 10-14 minutes per game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Higgins
Booth - Lapierre - Kassian
Weise - Pinizotto - Hansen

Then come playoff time:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Pinizotto - Hansen
Kassian - Lapierre - Weise/Sestito

wow for a guy who is playing in his first ever NHL game at 28. You are sure High on him. I will be happy if he's a harder hitting better fighting Weisetype player who can play center.

#108 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Pinner is a better player than his age and lack of NHL experience suggests. He's simply had awful luck for 2 and a half straight years. We've wanted the guy on our roster for that long. Anyone who was watching Wolves games during the lockout quickly wanted him on the Canucks over Ebbett. Once Kesler comes back, that's what you're gonna see, despite all the "Ebbett gets the Rome treatment" talk

#109 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

Anybody else watching Pinizzotto's late,late and dangerous hit on Klein wonder what the difference was between that hit and Perry's?..........apart from the fact that Pinizzotto's was about 2 seconds more of a time gap between Klein parting with the puck and our man getting there "as fast as he could."

Man, it was almost in the next period...........will it be looked at again I wonder.

The refereeing is so inconsistent.........and CDC say we never catch a brake. If that had been a hit on Hank, CDC would have gone into meltdown.

Edited by Bodee, 15 March 2013 - 03:03 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#110 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

He's an improvement just by not being Ebbett.

Edited by Number14, 15 March 2013 - 04:32 AM.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#111 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

I'm happy for him, he had to go through alot just to get to the big leagues, he scored a goal in his first game, whats not too like, he throws down hits and backs it up too

#112 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Anybody else watching Pinizzotto's late,late and dangerous hit on Klein wonder what the difference was between that hit and Perry's?..........apart from the fact that Pinizzotto's was about 2 seconds more of a time gap between Klein parting with the puck and our man getting there "as fast as he could."

Man, it was almost in the next period...........will it be looked at again I wonder.

The refereeing is so inconsistent.........and CDC say we never catch a brake. If that had been a hit on Hank, CDC would have gone into meltdown.

Am I the only one that thinks this comparison comes out of left field?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#113 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

I didn't really care when I heard he'd play, but that was the first game all season I felt the 4th line was effective. They had quite a bit of zone time, and more importantly were dangerous. Both are things every make up of the 4th line has failed at all year. Really hope this wasn't a fluke game.

#114 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

That did happen during the Calgary game. McGrattan on Henrik was just as late and no call as well. I agree it was late but just like most referee calls, sometimes it's a penalty, sometimes it's not.

#115 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Crying about that beastly hit? He answered for it with the fight. You can't predict what the refs will do anymore, so there's really no point in getting worked out about a call or a non call either way.

I'm hoping that even with the addition of Pinizzotto our roster isn't set just yet.

#116 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

The hit was nothing like Perry's. What the hell..

#117 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

I love the guy. Hope he stays healthy.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig

#118 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

The hit was nothing like Perry's. What the hell..

No Perry's was never a penalty. Pinizzotto's was a damn disgrace. Get real! Kudos to Klein that he even fought after it.

Edited by Bodee, 15 March 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#119 Wedge-tailed Eagle

Wedge-tailed Eagle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

No Perry's was never a penalty. Pinizzotto's was a damn disgrace. Get real! Kudos to Klein that he even fought after it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMPNRDNNOGg&feature=youtube_gdata

I really am not seeing how the hit is bad at all other then being a little late. Perry's hit is 100 times worse then Pinizzotto's and definately deserved the four game suspension. Pinizzotto's hit was a clean shoulder to shoulder check albeit late while Perry's hit was an elbow to the head and late.
Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for awesome sig

#120 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMPNRDNNOGg&feature=youtube_gdata

I'm starting to think that you just choose whatever standpoint is more controversial on here just to garner some attention. You're becoming rather tiresome. But hey, you've probably just got your pants in a twist because he's a Gillis signing, and God forbid that he should ever do anything useful...

And an ellipsis is three dots for God's sake. THREE. Not 7 or 8. I thought that would have been obvious to someone who has been so quick to point out the comprehension of others in the past.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 15 March 2013 - 10:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.