363 replies to this topic

#121 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm not sure if firing AV would help or not, at least not mid-season and I'm with the guys on 1040 when they say he's earned the opportunity to try and right the ship.

The bottom line is, at the moment, Kesler at 5.0, Booth at 4.25, Ballard at 4.2 and Schneider at 4.0 are all out of the lineup. That's 17.45 million dollars not in the game right now, about 25%.

We're operating at 75% efficiency when our players are at top performance... I'd say we're right where we deserve to be.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#122 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Aqualini is right there is something wrong mentally with this team.. IDK if it is the team attitude or what but it seems no matter who we bring in this team is just fragile.

#123 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

This is ridiculous. What is this supposed to mean?

Does it mean you dont mind losing? Does it mean you are happy with our special teams? Does it mean you think the effort level is satisfactory?

Overall sorrow bro
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#124 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,540 posts

POPULAR

Great response to the 8-3 loss eh? Outworked in every facet of the game.

This team doesn't have it. This is a day job to them. It's not their passion anymore. The spark and the magic of the Cup run is gone.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#125 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Luongo wasn't great but not 'atrocious'. Saveable shots for sure on a couple of them, but it's more those deflating damn bounces that always seem to go in against us lately.

It's mostly the entire team. It looked like we just shut it down after the first period. You're suppose to play 60 minutes, sometimes we're lucky to get half a period these days. We just looked like we quit playing when Detroit took the lead. No energy, no motivation.. and this is an OLDER team that played the day before. Like come on guys. Half ass performances way too often, and our defense has been just terrible, and the turnovers. It's sick, really.

#126 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

if hansen PS went in instead of post...that may have turned the tide. what ifs...

i like Garrison's jacket and cap

Edited by Jaimito, 16 March 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

#127 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts

POPULAR

Does Booth really fit in this team anyways? He is not right for the cycling games and he hasn't showing his killer instinct on shooting puck.

Booth doesn't fit on this team because despite him not finishing his chances he always hustles and works hard when he is on the ice.......definitely would be nice to see the other players not named Hansen or Booth play that way.....

#128 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Gillis needs to make a trade or do something significant at the trade deadline, the depth is not good enough. If nothing, then there will be little hope of contending for the cup, let alone make the playoffs.

Things are NOT looking good at all.

#129 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Does Booth really fit in this team anyways? He is not right for the cycling games and he hasn't showing his killer instinct on shooting puck.

Our cycle game is garbage, and every single team is showing that right now. Our guys need to learn to run and gun a little, shoot first instead of cycle..

#130 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,406 posts

This team doesn't have it. This is a day job to them. It's not their passion anymore. The spark and the magic of the Cup run is gone.

wow you know we're screwed when a mod says this!!!!!!!!!!

funny thing is its not bothering me as much as it would have in past years. Its almost like I knew this would happen
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#131 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

i agree. but their play of late makes you wonder if they can make the playoffs

early on without kes and booth, nux were winning gms cause they played well defensively and had excellent goal tending. now they have neither

I know.. that's the concerning part. Don't get me wrong: I turned off the TV in disgust during Detroit's little run in the 3rd. I'm saying if they can find a way to make the playoffs (healthy) they're a MG move away from being a top-notch contender again. (Admittedly not an easy task.)
T-Bone said:
*sig too big

#132 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,523 posts

I'm not sure if firing AV would help or not, at least not mid-season and I'm with the guys on 1040 when they say he's earned the opportunity to try and right the ship.

The bottom line is, at the moment, Kesler at 5.0, Booth at 4.25, Ballard at 4.2 and Schneider at 4.0 are all out of the lineup. That's 17.45 million dollars not in the game right now, about 25%.

We're operating at 75% efficiency when our players are at top performance... I'd say we're right where we deserve to be.

AV has had 7 years of trying to right the ship.....time to let someone else take over and see if this team can finally match its effort and consistent hard work level to the level of talent it has.

Kesler is too streaky and selfish to be a real difference maker game in and game out. Booth is a hard worker but his hands have left him for some reason. Ballard will never get a chance to contribute anything. Schneider starts more than half the games.

The biggest reason to fire AV is that this team mails it in every single game for at least 30 minutes. If they are not mentally strong enough to fight for 60 minutes they need a coach who can help them get there. If they are physically tired they need a coach who will use depth players rather than riding his favorites too hard and overusing them.

Not to mention they need a coach who will give others a shot when his favorites are clearly not getting it done. Edler, Hamhuis, and Bieksa have been BRUTAL this season more often than not. But they never lose a minute of ice time as a result so why bother giving all they have?

Either way, AV is the easiest and quickest solution.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 16 March 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#133 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Booth and Ballard are vastly overpaid and contribute very little when in the lineup. I still wish Ballard was in over Alberts but we simply have too much money tied up in guys who are frankly worth half what they make. Neither guy will be here next season.

#134 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Booth is the reincarnation of "Slo-MO" (Brendan Morrison) Lots of chances - no finish. He has never "clicked" on this team. All Pizzaz - nothing else.

#135 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

The Canucks should have the right to decline penalties.
Posted Image

#136 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Aqualini is right there is something wrong mentally with this team.. IDK if it is the team attitude or what but it seems no matter who we bring in this team is just fragile.

Look at our 5 on 3 PP. We were so afraid to shot the puck. We just pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & pass & time is over.

We need to hire a psychologist to teach the players to shoot instead of pass.

Edited by Admin 2, 16 March 2013 - 10:51 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#137 p0o0o0f

p0o0o0f

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

I want to see a trade before a coaching change, a BIG trade. Even with a coaching change this team would still be crap. We need to make a trade and if AV can't win games after a trade then replace him.

#138 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

On a night like tonight when your top guys got their lunch handed to them as they did on the PP, it's best not to say anything...so I shall refrain from saying anything.

We'll just think about good things...like GSP winning over Diaz tonight.

Tomorrow's another day...hopefully we'll get some sun tomorrow.

#139 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

At this point I think I'm more of a Wolves fan than a Canucks fan. I pay way more attention to the Wolves anyway. I guess it's because I'm just looking ahead to the future of this team. The present is just too pathetic.

#140 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Why would they have passion for a game so ruined consistently every night by a corrupt league? The mob might as well run the games. This is more charade than sport now and only morons in this league don't see it.

#141 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

AV has had 7 years of trying to right the ship.....time to let someone else take over and see if this team can finally match its effort and consistent hard work level to the level of talent it has.

Kesler is too streaky and selfish to be a real difference maker game in and game out. Booth is a hard worker but his hands have left him for some reason. Ballard will never get a chance to contribute anything. Schneider starts more than half the games.

The biggest reason to fire AV is that this team mails it in every single game for at least 30 minutes. If they are not mentally strong enough to fight for 60 minutes they need a coach who can help them get there. If they are physically tired they need a coach who will use depth players rather than riding his favorites too hard and overusing them.

Either way, AV is the easiest and quickest solutioni.

A few weeks ago I was totally against this point of view but I'll admit there's some logic to it. For right or wrong in pro sports it's always easier to get rid of the coach... but other than the Florida crew, all of our "star players" have had all or most of their NHL success under AV.

Still, if this team fails to make the playoffs or loses in the 1st or 2nd round I'd be very surprised if coach V is back, regardless of the roster situation.
T-Bone said:
*sig too big

#142 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Gillis needs to make a trade or do something significant at the trade deadline, the depth is not good enough. If nothing, then there will be little hope of contending for the cup, let alone make the playoffs.

Things are NOT looking good at all.

I would be happy if the entire coaching staff and Gillis were fired.

The problem is that outside of the core of this team, we don't have anyone of significant enough value to give up to get an impact player or high end prospect.

Means that doing something significant means breaking up the core of this team. Doubt anything major will happen at the trade deadline. But if things go the way they appear to be going for the rest of the year and lose in the first or second round again (assuming we make the playoffs) then MG will definitely have to look at moving players that were once thought untouchable and start the rebuild. Otherwise we risk becoming the Flames.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#143 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

I agree this core is spent and the rebuild will start soon! It will most likely be 12-14 years before we get another kick at the can.

#144 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,523 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I want to see a trade before a coaching change, a BIG trade. Even with a coaching change this team would still be crap. We need to make a trade and if AV can't win games after a trade then replace him.

The only way to save this team from the country club atmosphere and favoritism of this coach would be to include Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Wiese, Alberts, and Lapierre in any deal.

#145 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,406 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

It's getting close to being time to blow up the team. The core is a bunch of heartless has-beens who come in to make a paycheque and nothing else.

Getting real sick of watching this team for the last year and a half. That Boston series seriously unraveled the team's mantra. The Canucks have completely fallen apart since then, and out of nearly 30 games this season, 2 have been exciting to watch.

TWO!

GET OFF YOUR ASS GILLIS AND DO SOMETHING!

maybe we should all change that to our signatures?
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#146 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,406 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

The only way to save this team from the country club atmosphere and favoritism of this coach would be to include Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Wiese, Alberts, and Lapierre in any deal.

edler just signed-trading would be acknowledgment of mistake.
hamhuis-NTC
Bieksa-NTC
Wiese, Alberts-garbage no one wants.

Lapierre--so hated by the rest of the league no one would want him
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#147 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

He's kicking himself for letting that sports psychologist go ...

#148 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

I feel like the only players that give a 100% every shift are Burrows, Hansen, Higgins and Tanev. Too bad you can't clone their work ethic :( Everybody else just goes through the motions, total lack of interest.

#149 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,523 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

A few weeks ago I was totally against this point of view but I'll admit there's some logic to it. For right or wrong in pro sports it's always easier to get rid of the coach... but other than the Florida crew, all of our "star players" have had all or most of their NHL success under AV.

Still, if this team fails to make the playoffs or loses in the 1st or 2nd round I'd be very surprised if coach V is back, regardless of the roster situation.

All of our "star players" have only basically had AV as an NHL level coach though......what if the next guy could get even more out of them?

How do we know the next guy won't come in and hold everyone accountable again?

#150 JCShowtime

JCShowtime

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Edited by JCShowtime, 16 August 2013 - 10:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.