Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Our fans should be like the Jets fans.
They have many great chants
For example '
The true North chant
Silver Medal
Crosby Better and lets go blue jays

Why can't our fans do this

Edited by nhlrefsuck, 19 March 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image<---------- Thanks -VintageCanuck-

Sig too big. Please pick one of the two images. Thanks hv88

#2 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

POPULAR

Security will kick us out
Posted Image

#3 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Security will kick us out

There you have it. We're lucky they let us clap after a goal.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#4 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

It's so obvious lol.

Crowd is full of suits.

Winnipeg has been hockey starved for like 15 years..

stupid question.

- season ticket holder
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#5 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

How about a chant like they did in Toronto, to get Wilson gone.

Start the chant "FIRE AV" "FIRE AV" "FIRE AV"

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#6 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I doubt that'll happen. One time at a game I was told to "sit down" after cheering for a goal. The security is absolutely ridiculous at Rogers Arena.

Once at a concert they kicked a group of kids out who were in the back row and standing and cheering for the artist playing. I don't even understand what they expect from people.
Posted Image

#7 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

MG wears his Sunday best
AV's tired he needs a rest
The Canucks are playing down on the ice
Henrik's sighing in his sleep
Brother Daniel''s got a date to keep
He can't hang around

Our fans, in the middle of our city
Our fans, in the middle of our ...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 19 March 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#8 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,490 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Stop going to games and concerts there and Management will change .. or go broke ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#9 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Rasputin just learned that Richard Brodeur is NOT IN THE RING OF HONOUR YET!

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#10 d.joh91

d.joh91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

I've been saying this for years. They do it all the time in Europe! We already tried to sing and chant when the Vancouver Southsiders came to one game, but security ejected them for standing and being too loud.

It would really help the team when they're down, rather than boo them as we usually do...

Posted Image

#19 Markus Näslund

Forever a Canuck

#11 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

The crowd has gotten very quiet of late. Wonder why. It is not like the crowd in past years. The music sucks too. Maybe thats it ; the music is no good.

#12 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

MG wears his Sunday best
AV's tired he needs a rest
The Canucks are playing down on the ice
Henrik's sighing in his sleep
Brother Daniel''s got a date to keep
He can't hang around

Our fans, in the middle of our city
Our fans, in the middle of our ...

Stop the Madness. :)

#13 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

all our fans do is call in at team 1040 and complain cant cheer worth sh*t either. lol we used to rip it up at Rogers arena but I don't know what happened

#14 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

They buy season tickets and don't even show up to the games, tune into the game like its a horror movie. How can you even call yourself a fan when you can't cheer your team on and gain some momentum for them

Edited by Kesbomb, 19 March 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#15 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Vancouver has one of the most passionate/largest fanbases.

However, the majority of people in Vancouver aren't hockey fans (we have a very rich and diverse culture of people in the Vancouver area).

Some cities (lets say Winnipeg) 1/4 people are die hard hockey fans, whereas in Vancouver its likely 1/10 are diehard fans.

It's very easy for people who don't really like hockey or follow the Canucks to go to a hockey game. So if Rogers Arena is packed, and only 50% of the people in attendance actually follow/support the team, it diminishes the overall atmosphere/excitement of the crowd.

(Obviously these are random numbers, just making a point).

#16 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

In summary: Vancouvers population is so large and diverse, that only a certain percentage of people are actually fans.
The majority of seats are filled by casual fans/suits/people looking to do something for the night.

Edited by Kack Zassian, 19 March 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#17 xereau

xereau

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Vancouver's tickets are so expensive that 90% of the people at the games are corporate suits and or socialites whose only intent is to go to the game so they can tell people they went to the game. The real fans are at home, barely scratching out an existence.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man:
brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the

timid join him; for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain

#18 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

not sure where people are sitting when told to quiet down or sit down during the game i have never had issues with security more so the people i have seen had the issues with security are loud obnoxious drunks who are cursing and screaming the entire game which doesn't belong especially around kids

as for the noise level its not up there with montreal or winnipeg but its not as bad as people make it out to be just watch a florida washington or dallas game

#19 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

How about a chant like they did in Toronto, to get Wilson gone.

Start the chant "FIRE AV" "FIRE AV" "FIRE AV"

A ton of people in the building are there to check their phones or post instagram pictures of the jumbotron.

They dont understand the situation.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#20 AdeptSinister

AdeptSinister

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Think about it: just to sit in the lower bowl, you're looking at close to $600-$700 dollars for a pair of tickets. They only people who can afford that are corporate guys who don't really care about the game, just want to pretend they are fans. When your stands are packed with the upper crust of society, you'll naturally get a quieter crowd, because they don't care!
GM Place/Rogers Arena used to be one of the loudest arenas in the league; now, with such high prices, the standards have fallen. It's a shame, really, to see true fans who can barely afford the nosebleeds going seasons without seeing a game in person.

#21 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

It's a combination of strict security and the fact that a lot of people just aren't willing to even try and chant.

They can't throw everyone out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 panelguy

panelguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Security is tight because it has to be in with Vancouvers drunken punks starting fights every game , ruining the game for others.
Other cities like Vegas can have people drink and behave without acting like morons with a beer in hand.
Every public event has been cancel because of young morons who seem to have to prove themselves tough.
They need to grow up and lose the gangsta nonsense.

#23 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

It's so obvious lol.

Crowd is full of suits.

Winnipeg has been hockey starved for like 15 years..

stupid question.

- season ticket holder

I agree that WPG has amazing fans. So does Nashville. We are definitely lame. However,..................

While I agree our fans are deafeningly quiet, I would not say it is due to "suits". Seasons tickets have been in my family for well over 30 years. I am not a "suit" and yet when I go to games and look around, what do I see? Too many lazy fans on their IPhone, Blackberry etc texting away while the play is on. It seems in our tech-savy generation, folks don't know how to survive without letting everyone in the universe know what they are doing, every exact moment it happens. Who cares if on Twitter you say you are going to get a beer, or spotted a celebrity etc..? What could possibly be so important you can't live without your fingers on your phone?

The good ol' days, fans came to games with friends, had a beer and popcorn, cheered, shouted, jumped, and were involved in the game. I think it's just the folks of our city.

While the boxes may contain suits, when I am at games, I look around and see plenty of 20/30 something year olds not even talking to the person they came with! I say we need to get back to being IN the game.

#24 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

I agree that WPG has amazing fans. So does Nashville. We are definitely lame. However,..................

While I agree our fans are deafeningly quiet, I would not say it is due to "suits". Seasons tickets have been in my family for well over 30 years. I am not a "suit" and yet when I go to games and look around, what do I see? Too many lazy fans on their IPhone, Blackberry etc texting away while the play is on. It seems in our tech-savy generation, folks don't know how to survive without letting everyone in the universe know what they are doing, every exact moment it happens. Who cares if on Twitter you say you are going to get a beer, or spotted a celebrity etc..? What could possibly be so important you can't live without your fingers on your phone?

The good ol' days, fans came to games with friends, had a beer and popcorn, cheered, shouted, jumped, and were involved in the game. I think it's just the folks of our city.

While the boxes may contain suits, when I am at games, I look around and see plenty of 20/30 something year olds not even talking to the person they came with! I say we need to get back to being IN the game.

Great post. And very true. Vancouverites seem to have forgotten how to cheer. All you need to do is look at Seattle and the Seahawks. If we were anywhere near as loud as them Rogers Arena would be an intimidating building to play in.

Although the Southsiders had the right idea and look what happened to them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Stop the Madness. :)

I'm surprised disappointed more people didn't get it.....

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 19 March 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#26 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

at games these days i often find that I'm the only one cheering/yelling/making any noise at all in my entire section. i think this is because (a) there is a general culture of being subdued and (B) lots of people are just there for the spectacle, not actual diehard fans.

i don't think the solution is that complicated. we don't need to create entire songs/ballads like they do in europe or for the whitecaps.

i personally like the chants that cheer on our team more than the ones that try and put down the other team ... these ones just seem to get our opponents even more fired up rather than having the effect of demoralizing them.

so go canucks go is nice and all ... but i think it would be a lot better if one particular player is playing well, and we do a little something like yankees fans do in new york where you chant the name of the player ....

Ja-nick Han-sen *clap clap clap clapclapclap* and repeat ... this is simple, would fire up the boys, and would not be hard to start at all and would not get us kicked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.