Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:20 PM
Gillis likely used the same pitch he did with Schultz.
"I won't promise you ice time, and I'm not going to guve you big money or many opportunities, so when you get your chances you had better do good, so...sign here?"
Likely our team wasn't on his list. Sign in west conference with insane travel, overbearing media, over zealous fans and a ton of pressure to perform immediately or sign in a place that is warm, light travel, has a great mentor, a great ex-player GM, almost no media to speak of and fans who don't know their best defenseman, let alone some kid who just signed? Hmmm that's a tough one.
Or then of course there's always the Ferry
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:
1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.