The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3 Avelanch 2

Edler's Mind Tricks

Now we see the team when we have a goalie playing well, but the team with average goaltending looks awful, and I won't forget that. We still need big improvements, before we plan on going far.

Raymond is going to cost us 3.5+ if he keeps this up, are you guys comfortable in giving that to him and having to play him on the 2nd line? I'm still critical of players coming off contract years.

Nice win though, keep it up boys!!! :towel:

Game was closer than it shoud have been. Danny not shooting on an open net and Higgins missing two open nets. Could have been a romp.

Team battled hard and showed great energy especially considering their recent schedule. THe adversity seems to be giving them purpose and they are playing a much tighter game supporting eachother.

Sedins should have been able to shine agianst the Avs but didn't look very interesed or effective. I thought Higgins was the best player on that line.

Schneids - like a rock!!

Garrison Tanev Bieksa and Hammer all had solid games, NIce to see the top 4 shaping up.

When everyon'es healthy, Ballard should be given consideration on the 4th line expecially for the playoffs. He's smart, a great skater and an insurance policy if the D goes down. He didn't look out of place at all tonight.

AV looks like a genuis based on what? Actually doing the moves that CDC has been crying for him to do for a month? Like Garrison as the shooter on the PP and Schroeder centering the 2nd line between Raymond and Hansen?

Ya, full credit to him for being a day late and a dollar short as usual.

Now we see the team when we have a goalie playing well, but the team with average goaltending looks awful, and I won't forget that. We still need big improvements, before we plan on going far.

Raymond is going to cost us 3.5+ if he keeps this up, are you guys comfortable in giving that to him and having to play him on the 2nd line? I'm still critical of players coming off contract years.

Nice win though, keep it up boys!!! :towel:

Really, the only thing noteworthy about this win - besides the fact it's another W in the win column - was the play of Schneider. He followed up his shutout yesterday with another great performance. The Schroeder line produced another goal but otherwise didn't have an out-of-this world game or anything.

On the flip side, the Sedin line and the bottom 6 were absolutely useless. It's frightening how the Sedins are not only just failing to put up points but struggling to create offense at all, on the powerplay and at even strength. They had a great first couple PP's but after that were total non-factors. I know I'm being pretty harsh on them lately but these are our TOP players. They're not babies. They're not rookies for whom there are no expectations. They're expected to lead this team on the ice and right now they're doing absolutely nothing to contribute so they deserve the heavy criticism they're getting from fans and the media. I really love these guys so for me it's extremely difficult to see them playing like this.

All in all, this was a good victory when you consider the circumstances but we have to keep in mind they just beat the last team in the West. There's still a ways to go before I personally start believing this team will make some noise in the playoffs. Even if they are capable, that will come down to health as well. Who knows when the Canucks will get Kesler back. One thing to watch will be what the Canucks do leading up to and at the trade deadline.

when a avalanche was moving his hockey rod real fast and wild at the few last seconds of a game my heart nearly attacked but then a bikesa fell hard on a ice and the avalanched stopped yes then the bell sounded loud and hard yes that was a real heart stop.

I'm not for AV, nor am I against AV. However, I do feel a change is needed AFTER this year depending on what occurs in the playoffs.

That being said, I think AV does deserve some credit for this recent streak we're on. It's easy to be negative and pin the loss on people like AV, Luo, Edler, Bieksa.... But please, give credit where credit is deserved. He's currently coaching a team that is missing big pieces like Kesler and Kassian. Guys like Booth and Wiese (who is somewhat decent), Pinnizotto who is supposed to be with this team as well. He has taken this team that is effed with injuries and he deserves credit for the recent win streak, as do the players.

Archived