#91 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Someone make a GIF of the guy at 4:57

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#92 nhlrefsuck

nhlrefsuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

good win
Posted Image<---------- Thanks -VintageCanuck-

Sig too big. Please pick one of the two images. Thanks hv88

#93 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Because the rest of the players took discounts. If they hadn't, there probably wouldn't have been enough cash to sign him because he had such a poor previous season.

And as I've said before how have those discounted players been playing for the past 2 seasons? does the word shyte come to mind.Enough with this bullshyte discounted players scenario.

Edited by fagin, 24 March 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#94 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

And as I've said before how have those discounted players been playing for the past 2 seasons? does the word shyte come to mind.Enough with this bullshyte discounted players scenario.

Uhh sedins, bieksa, kesler, hamhuis all took pay cuts and they've played great lol so your point is irrelevant

#95 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

MayRay is still an RFA right?
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#96 redhdlois

redhdlois

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

I, too, like Ballard as a forward. Will this be a permanent switch, I wonder?

Maybe he (or AV) has found his niche.

#97 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Given the circumstances of being down so many bodies and having players playing in unfamiliar positions and on different lines, an undefeated road trip is a huge feat. Maybe the Edler suspension will be a rallying point for this team - an "us against the world" mentality? Either way, great to see everyone working hard and playing well again.

Good job team
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#98 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

I think Sestito looked a lot better tonight.

Raymond is playing pretty good also.

Edited by TheGame., 24 March 2013 - 09:00 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#99 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

You feeling angry about something? .. let it out .. people here will help you manage that anger in a jiffy .. :ph34r:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#100 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well all's i have to say is Raymond has really changed my mind. I was never a big fan, but for him to be forced into a pay cut this season and not hold a grudge or play like crap really tells me a lot about this kid. Very good story, keep it up Mason.

To come back from the injury like he did must have been really hard, all the credit to him. He's changed my mind too. Now the question might be how good will he get. HIm and Hansen are both having break out years.

#101 Hammerhead

Hammerhead

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hamhuis is a stud , he should never be mentioned in a trade rumor again !

#102 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,745 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Barker looked like he was limping in the post game celebration video. Ugh.

#103 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image

Lol his nose is an optical illusion.. What a beaut lol

#104 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

We're playing good without edler.....

and half the team made up of AHL'rs.
Man schneids was amazing today...only dropping two goals to a 2on1 and 5on3.

#105 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Good job boys..... Now we need a little two game slide for minny

If Weise is out for an extended period of time then we should call up jensen for a bit to give him a taste of the NHL

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Jensen
Sestito - Ebbett - Gordon

Hamhuis - Garrison
Edler - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev
Barker

Schneider
Luongo

IR: Malhotra, Booth, Kesler, Kassian, Pinizzotto, Weise
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#106 HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

MayRay is still an RFA right?

Nope he is a UFA next year according to Cap Geek

#107 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm enjoying these games more lately, I think it's because the team is putting out a better effort. The games seem to be getting more intense also. Teams are getting desperate and we're getting some good hockey out of it.

I was a bit surprised Schneider started but he was great again.

Lappy with some awful penalties.

Burrows with a beauty. Nice to see him scoring.

Higgins and Danny can't always hit the broad side of a barn lol.

Edited by spliced, 24 March 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#108 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

A game against a weaker opponent but, nevertheless, a very good game. As I've always been a fan of Raymond, it's great to see him having a good year after his back injury. That line with Raymond, Schroeder and Hansen is really clicking.

The Ballard - Ebbett - Burrows line looked good too. Our D had a good game (I like that Garrison is getting PP time).
A Canucks fan since 1968 (before the NHL)

#109 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Never did I say Schneider shouldn't get any credit.

I'm saying AV has this team winning, with pretty much half the roster injured.

Funny how AV gets blamed for the losses, but gets no credit for the wins.

he's the new Luongo

#110 Dr. J.

Dr. J.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think AV deserves a great deal of credit for this current streak.

Give him an extension and a raise. His play has been outstanding.

#111 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

A game against a weaker opponent but, nevertheless, a very good game. As I've always been a fan of Raymond, it's great to see him having a good year after his back injury. That line with Raymond, Schroeder and Hansen is really clicking.

The Ballard - Ebbett - Burrows line looked good too. Our D had a good game (I like that Garrison is getting PP time).

Looks like burrows can make anyone look good and produce. THe way the twins have been invisible lately, maybe it was him carrying the Sedins all along. :bigblush:

#112 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Good couple games recently for sure, but im still not sold on this team and still dont get the feeling they will be competing for the cup this year. But yes, nice play recently and the compete level has been where it should be.

Can I also just give another FU to the refs? Jesus man theyre not even trying to hide the game management anymore.. its so obvious now that you can pratically call it before it happens.. pathetic. This league makes me sick with its "discipline" and "officiating". The players, teams and fans deserve so much better..

#113 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

AV looking like a genius.

Posted Image

What's that Ruff lovers!?

Posted Image

Bandwagoners need to be fired.

:picard: Wanting a trade in the coaching system has nothing to do with being a bandwagoner! Stop tossing this word out like it's someone else's salad.

You really think this team is managed well enough to win??? You don't think there's a problem with AV still?

If our team didn't have the injuries or suspensions, Schroeds would be on the Wolves or he'd be on the 4th line again... Ballard would be benched for lessor players.... PP would still suck.... Canucks would play defensively with a 1 or 2 goal lead.... There would still be no motivation... AV would still be mixing up the lines so no one has chemistry.... Kass would still be used as a grinder.... Sedins would still be getting abused.... None of the call ups would get a fair chance or they will be put in a position to fail.... AV would still be stubborn and not change his tactics... AV would still play favorites.... Schroeds, Hansen, Mayray would never see the light of day again.... Edler would still be getting mass minutes and a free ride..... etc.

Circumstances has given AV no other option, but to go against his personal wishes.... and you want to give him credit??? This isn't the first time it's happened either (Injuries forced AV to make the obvious choices and everyone praised him for these moves), but people like you think he's a genius??? :picard: If he would make these OBVIOUS adjustments with a healthy squad than we have a fighting chance in the Playoffs.... As soon as we get healthy again, watch the 'genius' revert back to being himself = counterproductive!!!

I find it hard to believe that there isn't a player on the Wolves that we can't call up to play in the bottom 6.... Ballard has been impressive, but we're better off with him on D.

Lets give the kids a taste of what it's like in the big league....maybe it will help motivate some of them?

#114 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Good couple games recently for sure, but im still not sold on this team and still dont get the feeling they will be competing for the cup this year. But yes, nice play recently and the compete level has been where it should be.

Can I also just give another FU to the refs? Jesus man theyre not even trying to hide the game management anymore.. its so obvious now that you can pratically call it before it happens.. pathetic. This league makes me sick with its "discipline" and "officiating". The players, teams and fans deserve so much better..

I wouldn't say the refs deserve a FU. I'd give a huge FU to bettman and the people who run this league however. The fact that they are clearing enforcing this so called " game management" is absolutely disgraceful and it really makes it hard to be a fan of this pathetic league

#115 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

he's the new Luongo

not you too Primus....

AV should not be getting credit for moves that he should have made with a healthy squad....

He should've given Garrison more PP time....suspension forced him to do it.

He should never have put Schroeds on the 4th line and given him more opportunities with better wingers.... injuries forced him to use him on the 2nd again.

Ballard should be given more opportunities to play his natural game on his natural side....again, injuries giving him a chance.

To me, it looks like AV has been holding this team back...

#116 falcon45ca

falcon45ca

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Nice win, but what the hell has happened to the third period this season? Remember 2011, when we'd be down 2 going into the third, and we fought like hornets & won? This year I'm nervous when we're UP by 2 going into the third, we just seem to lose our focus.

(Sigh)....I miss 2011. I was so confident in this team, they could do no wrong! We dominated everything, faceoffs, PP's, PK's GF, GA, Jennings, Selke, Art Ross, GM, Ted Lindsay, President's....every trophy but one.

2011 was the best, and worst, year of my life. I wish I had a Time Machine, and I could travel back and tell Hamhuis right before Game 2 "Wait! Don't hipcheck Lucic in the 2nd, !"

But life doesn't work that way, and we played another shaky third in what is a long line of shaky thirds this year. A win's a win though, so best not look a gift horse in the mouth.

I am comforted by the fact that LA played like (near) garbage last year and cruised to a Championship, so GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

#117 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

not you too Primus....

AV should not be getting credit for moves that he should have made with a healthy squad....

He should've given Garrison more PP time....suspension forced him to do it.

He should never have put Schroeds on the 4th line and given him more opportunities with better wingers.... injuries forced him to use him on the 2nd again.

Ballard should be given more opportunities to play his natural game on his natural side....again, injuries giving him a chance.

To me, it looks like AV has been holding this team back...

Couldnt agree more.. i find it hillarious that people are still able to give AV all this slack.. please. Get rid of him thw sooner the better.

#118 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

When Schneids plays like this, we can play with the top teams in the league!!!

I love playing against minus there, SOB always seems to be on the losing end when he plays against us, racking up those minus points like crazy

#119 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

I missed something, I am not getting the Barker joke
Life is short, LIVE IT

#120 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

This time last week I was concerned for our team. This week I feel pretty good. Lets hope they can keep this momentum up and not lose any more players. *knock on wood*

this is called "having no grasp on the big picture."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.