The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Iginla scratched from tonights game...

S.Mouse!

from Richard Cloutier of hockeybuzz

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richard-Cloutier/Iggy-to-Boston-Lucic-to-Edmonton/131/50333#.UVOUtFfkeaI

If I'm right about what is going to occur, this could be my Scoop of the Year.

It sounds like the Calgary Flames have a deal in place to move Jarome Iginla to Boston. It is believed the Bruins will give up a 1st round pick and two prospects in the deal.

Hold your breath folks...there is an Oilers angle to this.

The Oilers will be dealing defenseman Ryan Whitney, Magnus Paajarvi, and a third asset (Anton Lander perhaps) to the Boston Bruins for Milan Lucic. Then Paajarvi will be shifted to the Flames as part of the Iginla deal.

What is holding up the deal is Danny DeKeyser. The Oilers are waiting for DeKeyser to verify that he's joining the Oilers. Once this occurs, the entire situation will unfold.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything further.

Sounds like him going to Boston is pretty close to happening.

Honestly, if Boston won the Cup with Iggy (unless they were to beat us in the Finals...again...) I would actually be happy. Jarome Iginla deserves a Cup, and I think he is the perfect role model for any young hockey players. He gives everything and does everything you can on the ice, is a leader and team player, and is a class act. Even if I have to watch *shudders* Marchand hoist the Cup, I wouldn't mind if I can see Jarome hoisting it too.

Once again, unless they beat us. Then I might just have to join the riots this time :lol:

I cannot think of a worser scenario for a Canucks' fan to see Iginla, who, as respected as he is, had spent the better part of his career giving us nightmares, joining the team that gave us the nightmare of all nightmares. I would rather see him go to Pittsburg or something.

Archived