45 replies to this topic

#31 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

He wasn't all that bad. We have been spoiled the last 5-6 years with Luongo and now Schnieder. Back in the day Cloutier wasn't too bad. Sure he wasn't a goaltender that you could build a team from (i.e.. Franchise Player) but with the team we had (strong offense) he was decent. Obviously he had some 'bad' moments but what goaltender doesn't?

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#32 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Low standards?

I'm sure the OP is joking, has to be a joke to be calling beach ball Dan a great.

No its that not all Vancouver fans are idiotic people who lash out at players unfairly

#33 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

He has the worst save % in NHL playoff history amongst goalies who have as many starts as him. He was appalling most nights.

I have to agree with this. I always felt that if we had solid goaltending in the early 2000's, we would have at least made it to the finals a couple times. Clouts absolutely buckled under pressure. Tried really hard to like him but he was just way to fragile.
Posted Image

#34 Law of Goalies

Law of Goalies

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I have always defended Cloutier when he was in Vancouver because he displayed heart and had a lot of good moments while playing here. Did you know that before Luongo came to Vancouver, he held almost every Canucks goalie record? His save percentage and goals against averaged wasn't even that bad. He was actually the better goalies to be at a 3 million price tag.

In addition, a lot of greats such as Roy, Brodeur have let in equally as bad goals in the playoffs so I don't understand why people are hating on him that much.

And for the Minnesota series, I think it was the cockiness of Bertuzzi and the team's falling apart which led to them losing. But a lot of fans don't understand this concept, even till today.

Cloutier is the ONE

QUOTE (canuck73_3)
you came to the wrong board then this has more mood swings than a pregnant woman on meth :P

QUOTE (luongo90 @ May 2 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WONDER WHAT HIM DO THAT FACE?

QUOTE (Shirokov @ May 2 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WONDER WHAT IT DO YOU SAYS?

#35 wattevr

wattevr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

The year cloutier got injured and auld kicked butt in net, I ran into clouts in a club downtown and called him auld and thanked him for his hard work in cloutiers absence. Whoops!! He was a good soldier, but very forgettable in net. How about the Minnesota collapse.....
Walter... Why's it always gotta be about 'Nam.

F@$K it. Lets go bowling.

#36 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I know it's terrible to say being a Canucks fan, but does anyone else here miss Lidstrom more than Cloutier? I do.

#37 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yeah I still have my Jovo vintage shirt. :)

I still have my vintage bertuzzi shirt.. wore it so many times there's now a huge hole in the armpit area=((

#38 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

he was a friccking sieve stupd troll

#39 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#40 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

I have always defended Cloutier when he was in Vancouver because he displayed heart and had a lot of good moments while playing here. Did you know that before Luongo came to Vancouver, he held almost every Canucks goalie record? His save percentage and goals against averaged wasn't even that bad. He was actually the better goalies to be at a 3 million price tag.

In addition, a lot of greats such as Roy, Brodeur have let in equally as bad goals in the playoffs so I don't understand why people are hating on him that much.

And for the Minnesota series, I think it was the cockiness of Bertuzzi and the team's falling apart which led to them losing. But a lot of fans don't understand this concept, even till today.

THis.

Dan was actually a pretty good regular season goalie. Didn't hold up to pressure well and not great in the post-season though. Single-handedly lost that Detroit series after letting in that goal from centre ice. Minnesota series... the whole team imploded, not Cloutier's fault.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#41 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

Darnit, I thought this was gonna be a Murry Baron thread
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#42 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Oh but he isn't so forgotten...

#43 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

I have to agree with this. I always felt that if we had solid goaltending in the early 2000's, we would have at least made it to the finals a couple times. Clouts absolutely buckled under pressure. Tried really hard to like him but he was just way to fragile.

I loved that group. The team wasn't deep, but our top-end talent was.... well, as top-end as you get. Goaltending was an issue, but also the lockout during that team's "prime" year and the Bert "incident" left them with few chances and ending too soon.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#44 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Darnit, I thought this was gonna be a Murry Baron thread

the blocked shot... underrated stat.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#45 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,899 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Has Lidstrom been mentioned yet?

307mg00.jpg

#46 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,256 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Legend is a strong word...I was a Clouts fan, but not sure he qualifies as a legend.

Closing this, as it easily could have gone into the "miss the old Canucks" thread...

http://forum.canucks...he-old-canucks/

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.