The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sharks 3-2 Canucks

JE14

The better and more pertinent questions though would be:

Why was he allowed to play that long with an injury?

And why would the coaching staff continue to use him in such an important role if he could not physically handle it to the point it affected all areas of his game?

This team relies on Kesler too much and unfortunately he is proving to be pretty injury prone.

It is a pattern with AV though. Bieksa looks like he is still suffering through groin issues and lord I hope Edler's issues are injury related not the fact that he is terrible. Let these guys heal properly......or we will see the same guys with big injuries being relied on for big minutes because AV does not trust anyone else to fill in.

Fair enough, it will be tough to start firing on all cylindres when the healthy line-up gets back. I just feel lucky to be cheering for a team that calls this for a line-up:

Centre:

H. Sedin, Kesler, Schreoder, Lappierre, Ebbett, (when needed Higgins, Burrows)

LW:

D. Sedin, Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Gordon, Sestisto

RW:

Burrows, Hansen, Kassian, Weise, (Jensen)

Defence:

Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, Tanev, Ballard, Alberts, Barker

Those names seem like they can make a deep play-off push to me. And, as I said before, I generaly see the best case senario, but that roster doesn't need much added to be in the top of the west.

I get the feeling I am not like a good half of the posters here as I don't mind being proved wrong, so please provide thoughtful counter arguements, I'll enjoy reading them!

Thanks.

Edit: spelling (I know it's not perfect now)

It's a very decent lineup when healthy and clicking,but I think the squad desperately needs some new faces...Im pretty sure that will happen in the next 48 hours

Fair enough, it will be tough to start firing on all cylindres when the healthy line-up gets back. I just feel lucky to be cheering for a team that calls this for a line-up:

Centre:

H. Sedin, Kesler (injury prone), Schreoder, Lappierre, Ebbett, (when needed Higgins, Burrows)

LW:

D. Sedin, Booth (injured), Raymond, Higgins, Gordon, Sestisto

RW:

Burrows, Hansen, Kassian (Mindchecked into the minors), Weise, (Jensen)

Defence:

Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, Tanev, Ballard, Alberts, Barker

Those names seem like they can make a deep play-off push to me. And, as I said before, I generaly see the best case senario, but that roster doesn't need much added to be in the top of the west.

I get the feeling I am not like a good half of the posters here as I don't mind being proved wrong, so please provide thoughtful counter arguements, I'll enjoy reading them!

Thanks.

Edit: spelling (I know it's not perfect now)

Guys, do you honestly believe this team can make it past the 1st round? I know it's great and all to be "real fan" and be positive, but come on, let's call a spade a spade. You can't really be watching this team and tell me at the same time they're good to go past the 1st round. Please...

Kesler played 7 seasons with playing 75+ games in each seaons. Out of thsoe 7 seasons, Kesler had played 82 games each season for 4 seasons, all playing a pretty defensive role with hitting and banging.

now the reason I am pointing this out is that you are not the only one who thinks Kesler is injury prone in cdc... so....

htf could anyone think Ryan freaking Kesler is injury prone??

your posts were pretty objective in the past, but your posts lately are just..... it's like a different user

Guys, do you honestly believe this team can make it past the 1st round? I know it's great and all to be "real fan" and be positive, but come on, let's call a spade a spade. You can't really be watching this team and tell me at the same time they're good to go past the 1st round. Please...

How can you say that when we haven't seen what happens at the trade deadline, what the lineup looks like when healthy, and who our first round opponent will be?

Too many fans on here are live and die with every game. Get your emotions in check and have a little faith.

This team still has time to get it together.

Archived