The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] O'Byrne to Toronto

Spoosh

Totally agree. also Toronto to be honest like Vancouver is too good of a team to have to make a deal like this. Even if it was a 7th round pick for him I wouldn't do it. Such trade might have been a benefit for a a team chasing down the 8th spot, vs a team like Vancouver or Toronto are more then good enough to add another number 6 dman. Colorado is probably getting a good laugh out of this trade. If they really needed a dman they could have just call up Komasarek.

To everyone saying gillis sucks, just because he only made one trade (a good one imo) does not mean he sucks and we should fire him. We are a good team and sometimes it is better not to make moves on the deadline because if you become desperate you will overpay and make stupid trades. I think we are in a good position. As for obyrne i think he is a great pickup and maybe he wanted to go to toronto??? Because he is close friends with liles. So maybe he requested a trade to toronto. And he is not a game changer and now that we did not get him does not mean we are not going to win it all.

To everyone saying gillis sucks, just because he only made one trade (a good one imo) does not mean he sucks and we should fire him. We are a good team and sometimes it is better not to make moves on the deadline because if you become desperate you will overpay and make stupid trades. I think we are in a good position. As for obyrne i think he is a great pickup and maybe he wanted to go to toronto??? Because he is close friends with liles. So maybe he requested a trade to toronto. And he is not a game changer and now that we did not get him does not mean we are not going to win it all.

Archived