The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Leafs offer 1st, Kadri, Frattin for Yandle.

Like, hey, by alleging to disclose the details of trade talks Dreger is essentially undermining the professionalism (ie confidentiality of negotiations) and credibility of his relative/cousin Nonis, as much as it is an attempt to make GMMG look stupid. It gave me the impression that Dreger lost his grounding and valued taking a shot at Mike Gillis more than he values his own or Nonis' integrity.

In that context, I'm not inclined to buy Dreger's story either - he's overinvested.

If what Watters did sounds a bit absurd....he's clearly miming/mirroring Dreger.

I wasn't joking...

Colborne is 6'5 he's got good hands on his last stint with the Maple Leafs he had 5 pts in 10 games, 4 PIM and he was +2. I watched 2 games that he played in on TV and he looked quite good. If he spends the offseason doing some intense work on his skating I could see him being a 40 point guy in his rookie season. Keep in mind, he's only 23 years old. He's also got 42 points in 65 games with the Toronto Marlies this season.

Now, do I think he'll ever be good as Kadri? It's highly unlikely as Kadri is rising star. Do I think he can be a solid 2nd line center in the NHL? Yes.

I think this trade is stupid because Toronto shouldn't disrupt the great chemistry and young talent they've got in that locker room. The guys there mesh really well and I don't see why they'd go out and hunt down Yandle when they've got a great young D in the wings by the name of Morgan Rielly.

1) If you want to accomplish anything noble in the 21st century you've got to be cutthroat -- If I'm Dreger I don't care about my own personal feelings I care about getting a dramatic story out. Not only is the story dramatic it is probably true

2) If Dreger didn't run with the info that Nonis gave him he shouldn't have a job. Why should Dreger value Mike Gillis' feelings?

3) Nothing about this is harmful to Nonis' integrity.

A few things about Gillis:

1) He's painfully arrogant by far the worst of any GM OR Coach in the NHL -- that includes Brian Burke and John Tortorella

2) He's remarkably intelligent and innovative

3) He went on record on Sportsnet saying that there were "3-4 teams interested in Roberto Luongo"-- which was a huge lie

4) His arrogance, intelligence and innovativeness nearly got Luongo traded during the summer for far more than the deadline price. I know this for a fact -- if you want to know how I know you can PM me.

5) His arrogance prevented him from completing the Luongo transaction.

6) His arrogance has caused Luongo's trade value to plummet -- Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Washington, Toronto, Edmonton, etc. don't want to deal with a guy who keeps asking for more

Mike Gillis is a really smart guy and great GM. I know a lot of people here don't think so but he does a great job running this team. Mike Gillis is also so incredibly arrogant that it actually makes my ears bleed. When I saw him go on Sportsnet and change his fib from 3 to 4 teams mid sentence I nearly had a heart attack. What's my point? If I were in the media, I'd probably cast Gillis in a bad light too especially after Gillis compelled one of my colleagues to report something that was a complete lie.

Like, hey, by alleging to disclose the details of trade talks Dreger is essentially undermining the professionalism (ie confidentiality of negotiations) and credibility of his relative/cousin Nonis, as much as it is an attempt to make GMMG look stupid. It gave me the impression that Dreger lost his grounding and valued taking a shot at Mike Gillis more than he values his own or Nonis' integrity.

In that context, I'm not inclined to buy Dreger's story either - he's overinvested.

If what Watters did sounds a bit absurd....he's clearly miming/mirroring Dreger.

Why pick on Dreger you can add every CBC, TSN and Sportsnet commentator to the list. I have no problem with Nonis doing his job trying for the best deal for the Laffers. If he is still a little bitter with Gillis riding the core of the Canuck team he constructed I can understand that as well. Bottom line is that Gillis has added to the Canuck roster and he will sink or swim accordingly. He has his job to do as well. We don't really know what Gillis was asking in exchange for Lou. I will admit that the Laffers are looking pretty good right now. Adding Lou would have meant a possible extra round. There is no doubt that Reimer will likely buckle in CUP play. If he crashes badly Nonis will take the hit. The demand for Lou in June will be hugh from the TO brass at BCE. As per usual I will be rooting for a 4 and out for the Laffers.

Archived