The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we have a legit shot at the cup?

Now I know a lot of people are saying we are going to lose in the first round because of what happened last year. However I think the Canucks can really go the distance this year. Despite The Blackhawks and Ducks that are having unbelievable seasons do you guys think the Canucks can beat them? I mean we have a good team it's just do they have it in them to go back.

Lineup

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Raymond- Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Weise-Lapierre-Sestio

Bieska-Garrison

Hamhuis-Edler

Tanev - Ballard

Schneider

Luongo

Then if Booth can comes back everything stays the same except the second and forth line

2nd line

Raymond-Kesler-Booth

4th line

Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

Thoughts everyone?

If we are healthy, we can definitely get out of the west. I worry more about the officiating, especially if we have to play against the Ducks in the 2nd round. I'm sure they will let Perry and Getzlaf get away with murder. If the Pens are healthy, they will be really tough to beat. We would need our goalies to steal the series.

Why does everyone think Roy is a third liner??? Carrer 50-60 point guy, 81 point career high, pass first mentality which would look disgusting with Kesler.

Booth - Kesler - Roy ewwwwww

Know who Roy is before saying stuff about his play

If we're healthy, I don't see why not. Kesler coming back next week and Booth hopefully later, we have a great chance. If an eight seed can win, I don't see why we can't. Come playoff time, ANYTHING can happen.

Yes.

I recently spoke with Bruins senior advisor Harry Sinden in my SMWW class and asked him if we have what it takes.

He told me he liked the team, but we need to rely on the twins less and thinks with Roy & Kesler backing them up we have a good shot, he said the goaltending & D is there, and I agree.

If they stay healthy, the PP starts to click, Scneids stays hot, we have a chance and I do believe roy or kes should be on the 3rd as C and having 3 offensive lines rolling will help ease the pressure on the Sedins. This is what I hope the team looks like:

D. Sedin-H. Sedin- Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Weise-Lapierre-Sestito

(Ebbett, Schroeder, Jensen that'll be dependent on the Wolves being in the playoffs and the length of the run)

Edler-Bieksa

Hamhuis-Garrison

Tanev-Ballard

(Barker, Alberts)

Schneider

Luongo

With that team I'm confident we can have a good run, but I still feel we will run into trouble if we play Boston or another physical team

Personally, I think it all depends on the 1st round match up. Out of LA, MIN, STL, DET, or SJ... I personally think our best shot is Minnesota.

If we get passed our 1st round I think confidence will take hold and we can push our way through the west.

Archived