The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Interview] Gino Odjick: Being a Vancouver Canuck (CKNW 980 Interview)

I was at Gino's first game and it was a mindblower!. There were some tough customers on that Blackhawks team. Dave Manson and The Grim Reaper as well as Bob Probert.Everybody in the PNE could not believe how tough Gino was that night.

I still remember how everyone around me was so happy when we got messier and I just had an empty hole in the pit of my stomach! I also really loved gino and to hear the real reason why he was traded, to hear how linden and bure were treated well my hate for messier rises! Worse thing ever that happened to vancouver!

Love Gino and Pavel. Two favorite Canucks of all time. I agree with debluvscanucks, the team had real family feel to it then, and the guys would go through walls for each other. Until it got Mess'd up.

The current Canucks also have a bit of that feel to me. They are known as the most hated team with the most hated players in the league. Lot's of guys shy away from coming here, and for others it seem to be the place they always wanted to play. Love us or Hate us, but don't be indifferent.... Very polarizing team.

Great interview, thanks for sharing that! That has a special club we had in the early nineties, and i still have a real affinity for all the players that played on it. Loved hearing Gin's thought on Quinn and Linden as well, more respect for those two if i didnt have enough already. Nice to hear Gino's still in regular contact with Pavel.

Watching those Gino videos sure brings back good memories loved that guy and that whole team. There was just something about that team then that had you more connected to it emotionally than any other.

Sad to hear that interview and how horrible the dressing room and the team became once Keenan arrived. I do wish Gino had knocked out both Kennan and Messier. Can you image the "thumbs up" on that if it had been captured on video and posted on YouTube. :lol:

Archived