Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#271 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

POPULAR

It's sad because you can serve all the justice you want but it won't bring back the 8 year old child lost today, or the any of the other victims :(

And the circle of hatred will continue.

Meanwhile in Iraq 37 people were killed today in bomb attacks but no one in the west gives a frack about them.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#272 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,376 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

There are a few domestic incidents. On a global scale though there are far more intentional attacks against civilians by Islamic extremists. It's only natural to suspect the most common occurrences and domestic terrorism is obviously still a possibility too.

This is totally untrue.There are far more acts of right wing extremist domestic terrorism in the US than Islamic terrorism.source: http://thinkprogress...city/?mobile=ncEdit- for those to Lazy to click the link just read this quote: "Fifty-six percent of domestic terrorist attacks and plots in the U.S. since 1995 have been perpetrated by right-wing extremists, as compared to 30 percent by ecoterrorists and 12 percent by Islamic extremists. Right-wing extremism has been responsible for the greatest number of terrorist incidents in the U.S. in 13 of the 17 years since the Oklahoma City bombing."

Edited by Langdon Algur, 15 April 2013 - 04:27 PM.

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#273 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Everyone is going all muslim happy now on the news and stuff. I know the marathon is a big thing, but it's honestly not something I could see a more 'sophisticated' thing like Al Qaede or North Korea targetting. To me anyway, seems like domestic terrorism. Probably some white guy trying to draw attention to something. I almost hope it is, so all these muslim bashing racist asshats don't have something to go off on.

Why do you defend a muslim and blame a white guy in the name of being anti racist..

Bit of a Marxist brainwashed statement right there.

Our school system must be doing a good job.

#274 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

The picture of the eight year old child. I can't contain my tears.

https://pbs.twimg.co...Axgq4.jpg:large

boston globe just said it was a boy

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#275 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Our world SUCKS. I am sick to my stomach to come home, turn on the TV and find out some retards (or retarded organization) decided to bomb a freaking marathon and kill/dismember/injure many innocent human beings. I am also sick to read some of the Bruins fans joke. Show some class.

RIP.

Those deserving of respect would have shown it in the first place. I have very little for Bruins fans.
Posted Image

#276 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

This must be a motive behind this? It on the same day of NOrth Korea leader? coincidence? This is an act of terrorism

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#277 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Is New York in Iraq or Afghanistan?

What does New York have to do with this? You were using worldwide terrorist attacks as a reason for guessing who was involved with this.
Posted Image

#278 MillerGenuineDraft

MillerGenuineDraft

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted Image

But this is the supposed building that video surveillance found men carrying a bunch on bags into..

Edited by MillerGenuineDraft, 15 April 2013 - 04:26 PM.

MILLERGENUINEDRAFT

#279 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

bigfoot?

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#280 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

The National Hockey League game between the Boston Bruins and the Ottawa Senators scheduled for Monday night at TD Garden was postponed hours after multiple explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
No makeup date for the game was announced by the NHL.
"After consultation with City, State and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight's game. Public safety personnel from the City and State are still gathering information regarding today's events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation,"Boston Bruins president Cam Neely said in a statement. "The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today's tragedy."
At least two explosions occurred just before 3 p.m. in Copley Square, near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing at least two people and injuring several dozen others.
"The National Hockey League wishes to express its sympathy to all affected by the tragic events that took place in Boston earlier this afternoon," the League said in a statement announcing the postponement at 4:55 p.m. ET
Several NHL teams and players took to Twitter to express their grief and support for the victims and the city of Boston.

Players from both teams had started reporting to TD Garden for the game when they were informed it had been postponed. No players spoke before leaving the building.

"The thoughts and prayers of the entire Ottawa Senators organization are with those people affected by today's tragic events in Boston," Senators general manager Bryan Murray said in a statement. "We fully support the National Hockey League's decision to postpone tonight's game. Our entire team is safe and together. If possible, we are hoping to return to Ottawa this evening."

Ottawa has a home game Tuesday night against the Carolina Hurricanes. Boston plays again on Wednesday against the Buffalo Sabres at the TD Garden.

The NHL regular season ends April 27.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Edited by мцт вяздк чф, 15 April 2013 - 04:25 PM.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#281 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Why do you defend a muslim and blame a white guy in the name of being anti racist..

Is that where you learned the definition of Marxism ?

121f1930-9c2f-4a76-81c7-d533bed290ba.jpg

#282 MillerGenuineDraft

MillerGenuineDraft

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

bigfoot?

Sorry I accidentally plussed your post. But this is the supposed building that video surveillance found men carrying a bunch on bags into..
MILLERGENUINEDRAFT

#283 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Because it is not right that if a bomb goes off people want to kill EVERY MUSLIM EVER. It has gotten to the point in the US that it almost -needs- to be a white guy, so they can stop getting so much ammunition to hate everyone but themselves. I, as a white person, am embarrassed for and by my entire similar skinned ethnicity that there are so many white people that are dumb as crap, and even worse, in power. The amount of racism and bigotry is outstanding. Now, of course there is non-white people who are hateful, angry people and just as bad. But right now, in the US especially, there are a lot of racist WHITE people, with a lot of power, that are absolutely stupid, and should not have control over anything when they will spread so much hatred toward people that don't look like them.

It's not even 'anti-white' or 'pro-muslim'. I just seriously hope it's a white guy because it's not right how many racist people try to immediately start a war against every person ever that is not white when something like this happens.

#284 JS40

JS40

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted Image

:o
Posted Image
Credit goes to -Vintage Canuck-

#285 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,624 posts

boston globe just said it was a boy

Picture has been roaming around Twitter. I'll delete it.

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#286 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Meanwhile in Iraq 37 people were killed today in bomb attacks but no one in the west gives a frack about them.

don't spoil the mood with this nasty dose of reality, man

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#287 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

The picture of the eight year old child. I can't contain my tears.

https://pbs.twimg.co...Axgq4.jpg:large

News say 8 year old was a boy.

edit* ah looks like I was late to say this

Edited by Nevlach, 15 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#288 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Wow, just came back from a bad day to hear about this... Just disturbing
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#289 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

As always, if you're willing to donate, beware of scams. Better to donate to well recognized organizations such as The Red Cross.
Posted Image

#290 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I don't see any problems with 'guessing' this the work of more Muslim extremists. That was my first thought. Secondly domestic terrorism however a bit sophisticated for that perhaps.

Then I guess it's safe to say that Mossad had a hand in this according to your way of thinking eh?
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#291 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

I don't see any problems with 'guessing' this the work of more Muslim extremists. That was my first thought. Secondly domestic terrorism however a bit sophisticated for that perhaps.

Then I guess it's safe to say that Mossad had a hand in this according to your way of thinking eh?
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#292 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I agree. 100,000 innocent lives have been lost in Iraq over the span of ten years. That is staggering and also horrific number.

Yet, I don't buy the "you can't feel sorry for anything if you don't feel sorry for everything" philosophy.

Yes, you are right that there are worse things in this world. However, I don't think an argument should be made that people's sadness towards an act with fewer fatalities should be chastised because they haven't also expressed sadness over other tragic events.

CDC is lucky to have such brilliant scouts:

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#293 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

don't spoil the mood with this nasty dose of reality, man

After sitting with my six week old son watching a couple of hours of the same reports on morning news about the boston bombing there was a ten second report stating 37 people had died in Iraq in bomb attacks , made me think of Ice T's track , And now sports

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#294 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Because it is not right that if a bomb goes off people want to kill EVERY MUSLIM EVER. It has gotten to the point in the US that it almost -needs- to be a white guy, so they can stop getting so much ammunition to hate everyone but themselves. I, as a white person, am embarrassed for and by my entire similar skinned ethnicity that there are so many white people that are dumb as crap, and even worse, in power. The amount of racism and bigotry is outstanding. Now, of course there is non-white people who are hateful, angry people and just as bad. But right now, in the US especially, there are a lot of racist WHITE people, with a lot of power, that are absolutely stupid, and should not have control over anything when they will spread so much hatred toward people that don't look like them.

It's not even 'anti-white' or 'pro-muslim'. I just seriously hope it's a white guy because it's not right how many racist people try to immediately start a war against every person ever that is not white when something like this happens.

Let me guess your weekend plans, watch 42 the jackie robinson story

and self loath and feel guilty about being white as mainstream media demands.

get a grip

#295 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Obviously when something hits close to home, it's more prevalent here....it's nothing suspect or worth condemning. Nor is it anything to do with self righteousness, it's just how it is.

It's a current issue that's based "at home" so of course it'll make the news in a "breaking" way. It affects us and, sadly, that's how most people respond. But to diminish the capacity or magnitude of the event because "it happens elsewhere" is wrong. Do we ignore something currently going down in our backyard because we don't have daily reports of other similar world events posted?

The point is that it is so easily brushed off by changing the channel or a quick " that's too bad " before continuing one's daily life when these kinds of things happen elsewhere.

The terror, pain, suffering, and loss experienced today in Boston is happening all too frequently around the World. In some cases people experience this almost daily. I wouldn't dismiss today's events by saying it happens elsewhere frequently, but i'd stop and think how important this is, how tragic, how much pain this causes and really bring some form of understanding as to whats going on elsewhere.
Posted Image

#296 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

It's just heartbreaking

How could anyone have the heart to position and detonate bombs where innocent people are standing to take in a great event?

RIP to the deceased. Thoughts and prayers to the injured, and to those who are there helping everyone out.

Because they're cowards.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#297 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I'm sorry but you're overreacting to a comment that was only expressing gratitude for the life they have while giving condolences to those whose lives just got a big dose of tragedy.

There was no malice, no arrogance. Maybe better words could've been chosen, that's about it. All I have to say about that, you clearly look into comments in a different way.

Again, the comment I responded to was not just expressing gratitude and empathy, but also taking this tragedy as an opportunity to specifically say that in Canada "crazy stuff like this doesnt happen," implying that Canada is somehow immune from such tragedies despite all of the horrible things that do happen here AND the fact that Richard Fadden, head of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, in just February of this year said Canada has been specifically mentioned as a potential target by al-Qaeda affiliate groups. So it's only luck that it hasn't happened here. How horrible would it be if something, heaven forbid, did happen here to hear other people's first response to be, "Glad I don't live there. Nothing that horrible ever happens here"?

So, accuse me of overreacting simply because my response to someone else's comments differed from your own reaction if you want. Then go look in the mirror.

Edited by poetica, 15 April 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#298 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

My condolences goes out to the dead and hurt. Tragic and ill timed.

Its sick how some ppl here have the time to joke.
Lets keep the Boston vs Vancouver rivalry within the rink...
Posted Image

#299 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

The point is that it is so easily brushed off by changing the channel or a quick " that's too bad " before continuing one's daily life when these kinds of things happen elsewhere.

The terror, pain, suffering, and loss experienced today in Boston is happening all too frequently around the World. In some cases people experience this almost daily. I wouldn't dismiss today's events by saying it happens elsewhere frequently, but i'd stop and think how important this is, how tragic, how much pain this causes and really bring some form of understanding as to whats going on elsewhere.

Right on Mike we must empathise with all victims of violence and terror not just those in western societies , until we do this terrorist acts will continue .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#300 Hockey Coach12

Hockey Coach12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

The people of Boston, the victims and their families and all the emergency workers and military personnel on the scene are in our thoughts and prayers today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.