The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

FACT: Americans have done this in the middle east. And by 'this' I mean killing innocent people as well.

This is no different.

Is this retaliation? Could be. Is it wrong? Very. Should they just talk it out? Sounds easy, probably not.

Set your differences aside and just make up already.

People forget that from 1963 to 1970 Canada had a series of terrorist acts by the FLQ who perpetrated in excess of 200 violent crimes, including a number of bombings (arounf 50 IIRC) resulting in the deaths of six people. The largest single bombing was of the Montreal Stock Exchange on 13 Feb 1969, which caused extensive damage and injured 27 persons. The bombing campaign culminated in the October Crisis of 1970 with a Quebec Cabinet Minster kidnapped and killed and a British diplomat kidnapped but rescued after 28 days. The War Measures Act was proclaimed and martial law imposed.

Timeline of the Front de libération du Québec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Front_de_lib%C3%A9ration_du_Qu%C3%A9bec

FACT: Americans have done this in the middle east. And by 'this' I mean killing innocent people as well.

This is no different.

Is this retaliation? Could be. Is it wrong? Very. Should they just talk it out? Sounds easy, probably not.

Set your differences aside and just make up already.

How is that a potshot? I thought the same thing too when I heard this. It's not like we're living in a giant protective bubble where nothing happens, but in general, Canada is a safer place to live than the US.

He may be exaggerating, but he's not at all showing no empathy or being rude, just expressing gratitude at the gift his life and his circumstances have been. Not bashing Americans, pounding his chest, or devaluing anybody else based on their nationality. What's with the outburst?

Earlier today, there was an apparent bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon that, according to preliminary reports, has left two people dead and dozens more injured.

In response, and utterly without any evidence, frequent Fox News contributor Erik Rush tweeted out a message blaming the bombing on Muslim terrorists, saying "Everybody do the National Security Ankle Grab! Let's bring more Saudis in without screening them! C'mon! #bostonmarathon."

That prompted another Twitter user to chastize Rush for making such unsupported accusations, which prompted Rush to respond with a call for all Muslims to be killed:

RushBostonTweet.jpg

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/erik-rush-kill-all-muslims-response-boston-marathon-attack

Archived