Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Gillis on Team1040 -April 24th-

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

felt Gillis insulted Hansen/Mayray/Kassian/higgins to say "Kes needs to play with good players to get him going" and that's why he is playing with Roy.

Schroeder will be coming up for the playoffs? Like just behind the scenes and just watch like Hodgson did on our 2010-11 run? Or play games in the playoffs? Because if he was going to play in the playoffs he should be playing now.

well to be honest... the players you mentioned ARE borderline second line players... yes they can be slotted into second line roles when called upon, but truth is their real role are on the third line

on another topic... now that it's confirmed Schroeder will be back for playoffs, I hope we can do something like
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Roy Kesler
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Kassian Lappy Weise/Sestito

as of now the only upside of having Ebbett over Schroeder is that Ebbett plays the PK and Schroeder doesn't.. hopefully AV can find someone to fill in for that and let us have 3 legit scoring lines

Edited by WindChaser, 24 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#32 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yes, Schroeder is coming back! Put him on the third line with Hansen and Raymond

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 redhdlois

redhdlois

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

playoff games now count towards burning a contract year? that's news to me.

edit, I knew that, but I had a brain fart for some reason. guess I'm a little rusty on that stuff now.

CUTE baby ! And I love her name :)

Glad to hear Schroeder is coming up......I really hope they put the 'speed line' back together and see what might happen !

#34 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,634 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hey he's no luongo that can be hospitalized the night before a game and then play and shutout his hometown. (Montreal for those that don't remember)

Just joking around gents, don't attack me!

It would be funnier if you didn't do it in every thread - sometimes multiple times - regardless of the topic. But in reality it's just a little less annoying than CH101 in the Luongo discussion thread.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#35 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

NO EBBETT! :towel:

1.5 months without Jordan,winning streak down the stretch,secure the division championship and playoff berth, and the 'fans' shat on the lowest paid of all Canucks.
Stay classy,you Canucks fans.

#36 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

felt Gillis insulted Hansen/Mayray/Kassian/higgins to say "Kes needs to play with good players to get him going" and that's why he is playing with Roy.

Schroeder will be coming up for the playoffs? Like just behind the scenes and just watch like Hodgson did on our 2010-11 run? Or play games in the playoffs? Because if he was going to play in the playoffs he should be playing now.

Actually, since Raymond, Higgins, Hansen and Kassian have found success playing with other teammates, I would tend to say Gillis diminished Kesler's ability to make other players better. As I agree.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.