The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

I've got a decent something under my belt.

I felt like such a druggie going into Shoppers to get measuring syringes.

Ha.

All I know is guys who have done cycles (of any AAS) suggest 10 years minimum of consistent training (so you know how to fix things when they don't go as planned without the only answer being 'up the dose'), and copious research about PCTs before doing a cycle. Then again, I live in the States where such things like AAS compounds are BAAAAAAD cause the gubment said so and therefore legit info about them is limited.

I do Crossfit. I would not recommend doing Crossfit on your own though. That's a good way to hurt yourself. Most of the athletes you watched take years to develop their techinique, flexibility, strength, etc...If you are interested find a good club around town to join. Word of caution, it is very expensive.

There are a ton of fools on youtube doing crossfit "workouts", like the "Fran", but with awful technique, and clearly in their garage, and not in a crossfit gym.

In a typical crossfit workout, we spend 40 minutes doing warmup and mobility and technique exercises. Then we do our "workout".

Agreed. I'm a technique person myself so I wouldn't attempt much of the excercises that I don't know without someone watching my alignment/form.

I come from a boxing back ground, so anerobic work outs that focus on speed/power interest me. I usually stck to bodyweight/kettlebell excercises but lately have really been enjoying the movements in Olympic style lifting (but not with heavy weights). I can feel my explosiveness improving. Feels good head to toe as well.

GAT NITRAFLEX. I'm telling you this pre workout messes you up. I've taken everything from Xpand (before they banned the goodstuff) and jacked and test boosters EVERYTHING.

This don't even have no creatine my fellow builders ?!

Good idea to do hypertrophy with legs before biking on the seawall the next day?

LOL "to do hypertrophy"

He means, do you what to have DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) the next day while you're biking

And btw - atrophy means cell shrinkage

Hypertrophy - cell growth

I dunno about Crossfit. Everyone says it is the fast lane to injury...

Depends on how you do it. If you join a high quality club, the risk of injury is low. If you are doign workouts of the day in your garage for speed, you're going to injure yourself.

Since joining Crossfit, several nagging issues I had have cleared up.

The problem with Crossfit is that people just see the times, want to be competitive, and then go out on their own and do the workouts with bad form, which results in injury.

I've been at my Crossfit club for 15 months. I've seen 2 injuries, a wrist sprain, which cleared up in a month completely, and a dislocated finger. When I worked out at the gym or played sports, I'd see far more injuries pf much greater severity. I saw worse injuries playing dodgball.

Needs a better choice of words

Don't overwork it, do your normal routine without causing DOMS

The bike ride should help alleviate the DOMS actually...and if it's 24 hours after his workout, DOMS shouldn't be too bad yet. DOMS kills me 48 hours after leg day, not 24 hours after.

The bike ride should help alleviate the DOMS actually...and if it's 24 hours after his workout, DOMS shouldn't be too bad yet. DOMS kills me 48 hours after leg day, not 24 hours after.

It would, if it were light exercise, I haven't done the sea wall but I'd think its a little more intense ?

Hey guys,

I'm 15 5'9, 135lbs. I'm pretty built but I'm just trying to put on 10-15lbs.

I go to the gym Monday-Friday and I eat fairly well, but I'm curious as to how many calories I should be taking in, and certain foods that I should target, and avoid eating.

EDIT:

I do intense cardio training on Monday/Friday for soccer so I'm looking for things to eat before and after that.

Edited by Machine Gun Kelly