Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Cam Cole (Vancouver Sun) RIPS Mike Gillis and Canucks to Shreds - Defends Alain Vigneault

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

As far as making the team money is concerned, there's no doubt that Gillis as GM has served well with regard to the organization's bottom line. That being said, let's not forget that the real money for NHL team owners comes in the playoffs where the revenue is as close to pure profit as it can get since the players don't get salaries in the post-season. Early playoff exits most definitely impacts the team's revenue and profits.

I could be wrong but my feeling is that Gillis will be here for a while yet. I believe he will be given an opportunity with a clean slate and new coaching staff but I'm not sure how much time he would have left to right the ship.

This team's true identity is going to come out once they start playing in their new division with the likes of San Jose, Anaheim and LA as regular dance partners for the top-3 spot.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#122 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Henrik and LaPierre might as well be 5"5 140 lbs for how they're playing. Gallagher (MTL) is playing bigger that almost all of our forwards.

Our Biggest toughest guys ( we have almost none NHL standards ) need to be able to play and 7/9 of our TOP 9 forward core our playing like smurfs and woefully undersized and lack the intensity to play at lenght this time of year.

The entire fan base has been saying this for years.

Good luck going into next year with the same core Aquilini.

Gallagher came to my skool grad :D

#123 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

This series, and this season, and this Canuck era are all over.

I stopped reading there. Because it aren't over.

AV is gone. Other than that once we trade one of our goalies and buy out Ballard, we will be fine.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#124 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

While I do agree that Gillis has done a very poor job to keep building the team, at least since 2010, the way Cole deflects blame from AV is a HUGE CROCK OF BS. He thinks that anyone who thinks it would have made a difference what players are used or what line ups are made up is living in dream land. Is this guy for real? AV picks the worst line-ups imaginable, and that is only one of the problems with AV, albeit a very big one. The way Cole totally dismisses the idea that AV has been any detriment to the team or that he has any significant share of the responsibility for this situation the Canucks are in is downright ludicrous. This guy has to be held accountable for this mess or this team will never get anywhere. AV has simply got to go. End of story.

Edited by Heli_Kopitar, 07 May 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#125 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Not a huge AV fan but will defend him a bit he gets way to much heat from the fans, MG is totally the guy that should be fired and regardless AV is gone with him anyway. AV works with the team he is given, it's the GM's job to find the right mix, the writing was on the wall last season they needed scoring wingers, they needed a center, they needed to trade a goalie, those are the top 3 things they needed to address before the season started instead MG went out and landed another 4.5mil dman! signed Raymond for scoring and had no center and a 5million dollar back up. Plus everyone knew Ballard would get limited ice time so right there before the season even starts you have 9.5 mil tied up in assets you don't need plus no center.

AV can't win with Team Canada. His system is flawed with the type of players we have. Give Paul McLean our line up and we get better results and some goal scoring. He's done way more with way less than AV. #FireAV

#126 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

POPULAR

I'm sorry but the Canucks are one of the best teams in the NHL on paper.

You couldn't ask for more depth at center with Henrik, Kesler and Roy. Best 3 centers in the NHL, not even Pittsburgh has a 3rd line center that good, considering Roy is a 40-60 point producer.

We have gritty wingers and depth scorers who are up there with the league's best. Not many teams had so many 10-goal scorers this season.

Then look at our top-4 defence, on paper one of the best in the league, with arguably the best 3rd pairing in the league.

Then of course, the best goalie tandem in the league.

MG has done everything he physically can to build a winner, but what's gone wrong is on the ice and in the locker-room. It's the coaching staff's job to get the most out of their players, and they have for the most part during the regular season. Translating that to playoff success is NOT the general manager's job, but the coaches.

Again, it's not MG's fault that the powerplay is abysmal, despite having the Sedins, Kesler and Garrison on the same team.
Posted Image

#127 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

You couldn't ask for more depth at center with Henrik, Kesler and Roy. Best 3 centers in the NHL, not even Pittsburgh has a 3rd line center that good, considering Roy is a 40-60 point producer.

We have gritty wingers and depth scorers who are up there with the league's best. Not many teams had so many 10-goal scorers this season.

Then look at our top-4 defence, on paper one of the best in the league, with arguably the best 3rd pairing in the league.

MG has done everything he physically can to build a winner, but what's gone wrong is on the ice and in the locker-room. It's the coaching staff's job to get the most out of their players, and they have for the most part during the regular season. Translating that to playoff success is NOT the general manager's job, but the coaches.

Again, it's not MG's fault that the powerplay is abysmal, despite having the Sedins, Kesler and Garrison on the same team.

+1

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Check the numbers. The team is worth more now than it was when Gillis got here.

Ticket prices are higher then they've ever been, and merchandise sales are very strong.

Going to the finals will have that effect on a team, and Gillis will ride that for as long as he can.

the marketing/ticket sales/financial side of things is victor de bonis, not mike gillis, and these playoffs have made it obvious that canucks fans are no longer willing to pay absurd ticket prices for the product on the ice and i suspect ticket sales will sag next year as the mercurial fan base loses interest after another disappointing year.

i could even see the bogus sellout streak coming to an end.

edit: anyway, gillis's tenure here should be over, and it will be a learning experience for him if another team is eventually willing to take a chance on him. the fact is his inexperience was his undoing. he stepped into a sweetheart heart deal where he didn't have to build a core of his own or even hire a coaching staff, all he had to do was tinker, and after 2011 he had absolutely no idea what to do. last offseason when major changes were needed, he wasn't willing or able to do it. the guy is flying by the seat of his pants and he's now in a corner he can't get himself out of, and he really shouldn't be the guy to manage assets this offseason because it will be out of desperation instead of longterm strategy.

edit 2: if it was up to me, it would go like this:

fire gillis, promote gilman to take over. keep henning. hire tamby back as the other assistant gm.

scorch the earth that is the scouting staff.

fire the coaching staff (maybe keep darrel williams as video coach), hire a veteran head coach (ruff?) and two alternates; mike johnston for offensive strategy, guy boucher for defensive strategy.

one condition of gilman's promotion would be willingness to trade away key members of the core immediately.

Edited by tas, 07 May 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#129 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

As far as making the team money is concerned, there's no doubt that Gillis as GM has served well with regard to the organization's bottom line. That being said, let's not forget that the real money for NHL team owners comes in the playoffs where the revenue is as close to pure profit as it can get since the players don't get salaries in the post-season. Early playoff exits most definitely impacts the team's revenue and profits.

I could be wrong but my feeling is that Gillis will be here for a while yet. I believe he will be given an opportunity with a clean slate and new coaching staff but I'm not sure how much time he would have left to right the ship.

This team's true identity is going to come out once they start playing in their new division with the likes of San Jose, Anaheim and LA as regular dance partners for the top-3 spot.

I stopped reading there. Because it aren't over.

AV is gone. Other than that once we trade one of our goalies and buy out Ballard, we will be fine.

Keep living in dreamland.

How can you not see that this team is declining? How many playoff games have we won since game five vs Boston? How many playoff goals have we scored?

This depth at centre you speak of - really?...hank can't score and doesn't hit. What does that output equate to? Kesler is either hurt, sick, diving, or in this series, playing well for 45 minutes. Roy? Who? Is he playing for us right now? The sharks centred combined for more points in game three than out centres have in the whole series.

The supporting cast outside of Hansen is only noticeable when taking penalties. Higgins, Raymond, hello we're still playing hockey....sort of.

I'm not sure if you've been following other series's but we don't even come close to any teams effort level....Edmonton would beat us in seven right now....forget about LA, St. Louis, Pittsburgh.

If you're satisfied with this obvious trend over the last two seasons and post seasons my hats off to you.

But this team is failing from mgmt on down. bad signings, bad non signings, Schlongo soap opera, coaching, team effort, goal song....you name it....

IMO honestly, this on ice product has become borderline respectable.

It should never have gotten to this point.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#130 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

You

Don't

Understand

Hockey

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#131 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Cam Cole isn't watching this team close enough if he doesn't believe AV should go.

He makes stupid decisions, favours certain players and does not hold the team responsible. He is the main reason we have collapsed so quickly.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#132 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

I hate how people keep saying it's the end of an era. How is 4 years an era? Cause really that's all it's been since we have been a top team with a chance to win the cup.

And to say that we have no future because the cupboard is bare is ignorant. Not enough fans or media even know about our prospects cause they don't bother following them. Pretty much if they're not top 5 picks nobody talks about them.

And then guys like Tanev and Corrado come out of nowhere, and it just goes to show that the media really doesn't know anything about these guys.

The point on Corrado and Tanev are great. And let's not forget about when Kassian develops in the next couple of years, and Jensen for that matter... Toews and Kane aren't huge guys but they're prospering, why couldn't Shroeder see success??? This article reeks of the threads we've been seeing here lately.. I for one reserve my bitching and moaning for when the fat lady has sung..

#133 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

About the cupboard being bare, it's not like the Canucks have had top 10 picks every year. And for the most part, Gillis has picked the best player available in most drafts (Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, all were the best forwards available when they were drafted). This isn't choosing Patrick White when guys like Perron were available. After than when you're selecting in the 50's the chances of hitting will reduce. It's been disappointing that guys like Rodin, Sauve, Connauton when he was here and other higher picks haven't panned out, but that's also because our main roster has been so deep.

Plus we're almost alway in on every college free agent. We got Tanev that way, and we have been one of the last couple choices for the last few big names to come from the NCAA. That never used to happen before Gillis got here.

As for trades, I didn't see many people complaining when we traded two relatively useless players (Sameulsson & Sturn) for Booth, a top six power forward we needed. Getting Ballard, a puck moving, tough d-man was also a good move too, but health and other reasons (AV) have kept them from excelling here. Gillis has made Vancouver a destination for free agents. I remember years when we had to give above market value contracts to get players to come here.

The only mistake Gillis has made in my opinion is the handling of Hodgson. I don't mind the trade, it just sucks seeing our best prospect suddenly leave and we not get a player who has an impact immediately. It set us back a bit in the depth chart the past year. But it could still pay off.

#134 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

I generally agree that MG should get fired before AV, but who would we replace him with. Can't think of any good GM's who are out of work, can anyone else. Also I think not trading Luongo turned out to be a good thing.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#135 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

About the cupboard being bare, it's not like the Canucks have had top 10 picks every year. And for the most part, Gillis has picked the best player available in most drafts (Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, all were the best forwards available when they were drafted). This isn't choosing Patrick White when guys like Perron were available. After than when you're selecting in the 50's the chances of hitting will reduce. It's been disappointing that guys like Rodin, Sauve, Connauton when he was here and other higher picks haven't panned out, but that's also because our main roster has been so deep.

Plus we're almost alway in on every college free agent. We got Tanev that way, and we have been one of the last couple choices for the last few big names to come from the NCAA. That never used to happen before Gillis got here.

As for trades, I didn't see many people complaining when we traded two relatively useless players (Sameulsson & Sturn) for Booth, a top six power forward we needed. Getting Ballard, a puck moving, tough d-man was also a good move too, but health and other reasons (AV) have kept them from excelling here. Gillis has made Vancouver a destination for free agents. I remember years when we had to give above market value contracts to get players to come here.

The only mistake Gillis has made in my opinion is the handling of Hodgson. I don't mind the trade, it just sucks seeing our best prospect suddenly leave and we not get a player who has an impact immediately. It set us back a bit in the depth chart the past year. But it could still pay off.

Strum is a great example of a boneheaded move by Gillis. Who signs a player then trades him a month later? This isn't EA NHL13, it's real life!! Samuelsson was far from useless, and gave AV an another option to play with the Sedins thus freeing up Burrows to play with Kesler. Samuelsson immediately has had some pretty serious injury issues recently, kind of like Booth.Not really sure about Gillis making Vancouver a destination for free agents. If so why did he need to offer Sundin an insane $10m contract? Again trading Strum after signing him doesn't send a very positive message to future free agents? Yes we got Hamhuis but they had more to do with Hamhuis wanting to play in his home province than anything else. We got Manny for similar reasons but still had to pay $2.5m a season to play on our fourth line!! Other than Hamhuis and Manny what other free agents have played a significant role for the Canucks recently?
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#136 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,660 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Well said Mr. Amigo .. I would fire MG as well, except the timing is bad with the upcoming drafts etc, unless it is someone from within the Organization .. none of them stand out to me .. replace AV and staff with Brent Sutter, Jim Playfair and a creative special teams coach .. hire Malhotra for defensive coverages and PK .. one year, Gillis .. gather your forces unto yourself and grow a pair .. ever onward .. Go Canucks Go ..

Does it really matter that much? MG had absolutely no experience either and our drafting hasn't been spectacular anyway. I would rather we have a CDC poll for all of our picks with what I've seen from our scouting department. It's also obvious MG has no clue what this team needs anyway. I say let the next guy assess the team and make the picks. His choices can't be any worse.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#137 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Cam Cole isn't watching this team close enough if he doesn't believe AV should go.

He makes stupid decisions, favours certain players and does not hold the team responsible. He is the main reason we have collapsed so quickly.

he doesn't say AV shouldn't go, he said that MG is the main reason for the rapid decline of the Nucks, and he's right. It's been clear since the Boston series that the Nucks are easily intimidated and he's done zero to remedy that.......in fact, he's done less than zero

#138 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

As much as I hate AV's decisions over the starting goalie for game 3 and tonight which I think are bad decisions. MG has made way more costly decisions regarding this team. I want them both to go but MG clearly made the bigger and more frequent mistakes.

#139 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hodgson was AVs fault not MGs

Spoken from pure ignorance.

I've pointed this out many times, but I suppose I'll do so once again...

Mike Gillis himself has said that Hodgson's playing time was carefully planned out by the entire coaching and management staff. He was given predominantly offensive zone starts and 2nd unit PP time in an effort to boost his numbers and coincidentally, his confidence.

Apparently this strategy worked too well, because Coho (and apparently, a lot of clueless fans and media) decided that it wasn't enough.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#140 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hodgson was AVs fault not MGs

AV wasn't exactly doing the right thing by and for Cody,was he?

Then again,Gillis did his share of dissing while averting his responsibilities as Admiral of the Fleet.

What an ugly saga and turning point in this franchise' history.

#141 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

I generally agree that MG should get fired before AV, but who would we replace him with. Can't think of any good GM's who are out of work, can anyone else. Also I think not trading Luongo turned out to be a good thing.

Tambellini.
Not trading Luo showed the city and the Luo haters what he is made of despite the complete disaster this season was for him.
It raises his trade value and allows everyone to see who Mike Gillis is.

#142 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

article is written in hindsight. If he wrote this prior to the playoffs I give him credit, other then that, he's just like another 20/20 hindsight loser on canucks.com. On paper we had a good team.

True except for the on paper part... We never had gritty talented players,we desperately needed and 2011 was proof

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)
cuz when I saw you outside in the bushes, by length I would have guessed 11...

QUOTE(Whiskey7 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#143 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

He likes handing out these NTC like candies too, im afraid of what he will do in the offseason. He needs to go ASAP.

It's funny how MG said this about Burke.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#144 bongo4420

bongo4420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Stanley Cups aren't won on paper. Hire an author, not a hockey GM, if that's your definition of success.

#145 bongo4420

bongo4420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

How can you blame the owner? It is his team, he invested in it, without him you may not have a team. If you think about it he is a great owner. Why? This is his business and he is not invested as fan like you and me, and ticket prices have gone up which means he is making more money than before.

You think he is a bad owner because ticket prices are not lower? When the arena continues to sell out even as the prices have gone way up, why the heck would he consider lowering? Once they see a decline in ticket sales and non sellouts then they will then lower. He is a great businessman. You are thinking as a fan.

Sure buddy. The Canucks have been buying the empty seats all season to maintain the "sellout" streak. They had to liquidate thousands of playoff tickets at half price. In two years there won't even be waiting list for season tickets. The canucks are regressing as a business. He may have maximized profits but by putting short term profits ahead of building a championship caliber hockey he will realize significantly lower profits in the future.

#146 sandman44

sandman44

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

The word is funereal, as in "The atmosphere in the Canucks room was shell-shocked, funereal".
"You understand Captain that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

Fade to Lack

...he took a face from the ancient gallery, and he walked on down the hall...

#147 PeZzy

PeZzy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Fire MG and AV!

AV is not a thinking man's coach but he has shown an ability to adapt a team to the talent he has to work with.

On the GM side - can't excuse these quick playoff exits and a declining hockey team. This team's main strength was its defence. I can understand letting Errorhoff go but that really hurt the team. Undervaluing a hobbling Sami Salo really put the nail in the coffin. We all watched as the team got worse. Ballard and Booth are burdens on the team.

I don't know why Ebbett is warming the bench with the big club as Schroeder was a much better center during the season.

Last year we thought...oh well...lost to the Cup winners. But two years in a row? Even if the Sharks win the Cup it is too much to bear. This team is clearly headed in a downward direction and Cam Cole knows this is a freefall.

Aquilini needs to slap himself silly for getting rid of Nonis and bringing in Gillis.

#148 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

he doesn't say AV shouldn't go, he said that MG is the main reason for the rapid decline of the Nucks, and he's right. It's been clear since the Boston series that the Nucks are easily intimidated and he's done zero to remedy that.......in fact, he's done less than zero

I think the biggest gaffe was not addressing the faceoff issue at the deadline. It should have been obvious by then that the Canucks were in tough as far as winning faceoffs and Kesler shouldn't have been expected to remedy the situation after having missed so much time during the season.

When there were guys like Steckel available, to not address such a glaring weakness is inexcusable IMO. I also believe that the Canucks' ineptitude in the circle was the biggest contributor to the loss to the Sharks. It seemed like San Jose started every PP with possession in the Canucks' zone, while every PK was sent 200 feet for Edler to retrieve...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#149 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

FIRE EVERY ONE! Cam Cole is a born again CDCer. Who woulda thunk

Edited by puck n icehole, 08 May 2013 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#150 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Even though I am an avid AV hater..

No coach could of taken this roster far, not enough talent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.