The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How can we fight back against the NHL? it's simple.

I think.....hope. That a change in management and attitude towards .......diving from both players and coaches could be enough to sway the league in our favor. Might take another year, but it will be longer if something isn't done about it soon.

My personal belief is that its not about Canada vs US. Its more about us wining the cup on the PP that we got by diving and embarrassing the league.

The whole romance surrounding winning the Stanley Cup. Is built around an out right knock down drag out battle. What do we give them....our best player gets punched in the face three times and what? Were waiting for the ref to lift his arm. Its not money, it entertainment first, that makes the money. And we aren't giving the league something to sell.

And they certainly aren't gonna have a boring SCF.

As fans we can only ask for fair officiating. Since, the boston series we haven't seen any of that.

The NHL knows as a Canadian market team the fans will always come to the games and buy their team merchandise.

Well we can simply not buy merchandise, tickets, centre ice etc.

Now, there will be a lot of nay sayers, but so be it.

Personally, I'm a half season ticket holder who will not be renewing and will be cancelling my subscription to NHL centre ice.

Our team wasn't given an equal opportunity, was this partly the Canucks fault? of course. They weren't good enough.

But 2 games in this series went to OT, both games offered questionable calls.

This series should be 2-2 right now.

I think.....hope. That a change in management and attitude towards .......diving from both players and coaches could be enough to sway the league in our favor. Might take another year, but it will be longer if something isn't done about it soon.

My personal belief is that its not about Canada vs US. Its more about us wining the cup on the PP that we got by diving and embarrassing the league.

The whole romance surrounding winning the Stanley Cup. Is built around an out right knock down drag out battle. What do we give them....our best player gets punched in the face three times and what? Were waiting for the ref to lift his arm. Its not money, it entertainment first, that makes the money. And we aren't giving the league something to sell.

And they certainly aren't gonna have a boring SCF.

The best way to change the NHL would be a product boycott by all of the fans of all teams disapointed by the league. If we were to send letters and effectively boycott Subway, Budweiser and any other advertiser that comes on every commercial break the NHL would be forced to listen, money talks loudest

Unfortunately I don't think NHL will take action as long as the big market teams are not at the recipient ends for these bad calls. Namely the kings, hawks, bruins, pens and rangers. You throw this quality at the Toronto/Bruins series and throw Seguin out of the game for shoulder-on-shoulder hit on guys like Bozak. I bet you Bettman will be ducking for cover.

OP's suggestion works well to protest on a team level. Tell the canucks ownership that fans had it with underachieving teams. Did you see Gillis' face when asked about empty seats. He was pissed, which means they do care about attendance and sales.

While this is loltastic, the OP has a point. If it looked for a second like the NHL might be struggling in a Canadian market, I have no doubt that questionable refereeing calls would start swinging that teams way. If the Canucks' books started looking like Phoenix's, SUDDENLY: DYNASTY.

Archived