The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List of 2013 Free Agents you want

Canucks FTW!!!

Here are some of the potential UFAs i wouldn't mind the Canucks signing. Trying to add speed and grit, which are obviously necessary in the playoffs. They are in no particular order.

1. Mike Ribeiro C- great playmaking centre. Would work well with Kesler on the wing.

2. Pascal Dupuis LW- gritty player who can score. Obviously playing with crosby helped his stats, but would slot in well for a top-9 role.

3. Ryane Clowe LW/RW- may have had a down year, but the guy is big and strong and would be a legitimate power-forward. Maybe a replacement for Mason Raymond?

4. David Clarkson RW- Big, strong, gritty, will fight. Guys got all the tools we need, plus he can pot in some goals. Wouldn't mind seeing him with the Sedins.

5. Viktor Stalberg LW- Yeah he's a Chicago player, but i like how he's got some wheels and uses them along with his big frame.

6. Raffi Torres LW- Do i need to say anything else?

7. Brenden Morrow LW/RW- The guy may be getting older, but if we can get him for a good price to play in the bottom 6. We have ourselves a player with heart and leadership.

8. Boyd Gordon C- a great 4th line centre. One of the best faceoff men in the league.

9. Clarke McArthur LW- Good speedy top9 player. Can forecheck, score and throw the body a bit.

10. Dustin Penner LW- May seem washed up and declining in stats every year. But i think a change in scenery could bring back some of that old scoring touch. His value is at his lowest and may be a steal for a former 30 goal scorer.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents

Who would be on your list?

The way Dupuis is playing, he's going to cash in big, I'm not sure he'll be as effective playing in the West though.. and he's 34 yrs old.

I think Clowe would be a really good bottom 6 forward, if MG can sign him to 3 - 3.5m range that would be great.

McArthur would be a good 3rd liner, but he isn't much of an upgrade on Raymond plus the injuries. He's probably going to want upwards of 3m. If he can play centre, then it might be worth a shot.

Clarkson is a gritty playoff type guy but again, he's a 3rd liner on a good team. I don't want the Canucks to throw money at him hoping he transform into a top 6 forward.

A lot of good 3rd liners available, but we already have the 3rd line preety much locked up with Higgins and Hansen.. unless of course we trade Higgins.

If MG wants to get us a top 6 forward it will have to come via trade.

One free agent signing i'd like to see (if he doesn't get re-signed) is Vltteri Flppula. He's got Datsyuk like hands, a playmaker and a versatile forward.

Morrow is done.

MacArthur brings us nothing that we dont already have up and down the lineup.

Ribiero is a bigger diver than anyone on our team.

Penner for $2m or less, he's so slow now.

Stalberg doesn't bring us much we dont have

Dupuis is old and will retire a Penguin

Clarkson is gritty and good, I'd prefer him over Clowe who is slow and fails to create on his own.

UFA:

Torres

Gordon

O'Byrne

Ellis

Regin

Re: Lapierre

Re: Alberts

RFA:

Alzner

Re: Tanev

Re: Weise