The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bryzgalov will NOT be bought out as per agent Rich Winter

Drouin

Sounds like Bryz may be bought out after all?

According to CSNPhilly.com's Tim Panaccio the Philadelphia Flyers have not offered any assurances to goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.

There was a report that Bryzgalov's agent, Ritch Winter, had been told by the Flyers that the Russian goalie would not be bought out by the team, but that appears to be false. GM Paul Holmgren told CSN: "I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. When the time comes to do our business we will do whatever is best for our hockey team." Philadelphia is currently in the hunt for another goaltender and if they manage to bring in someone else then Bryzgalov will probably be bought out. However, it's also possible that he will share the crease with Steve Mason in 2013-14.

Jun 19 - 11:48 AM

Sounds like Bryz may be bought out after all?

According to CSNPhilly.com's Tim Panaccio the Philadelphia Flyers have not offered any assurances to goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov.

There was a report that Bryzgalov's agent, Ritch Winter, had been told by the Flyers that the Russian goalie would not be bought out by the team, but that appears to be false. GM Paul Holmgren told CSN: "I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. When the time comes to do our business we will do whatever is best for our hockey team." Philadelphia is currently in the hunt for another goaltender and if they manage to bring in someone else then Bryzgalov will probably be bought out. However, it's also possible that he will share the crease with Steve Mason in 2013-14.

Jun 19 - 11:48 AM

Except they have no D and they just resigned Kimmo. Bryz is done. He's not a very good goalie that is also a nut job. As said in the follow up tweet, Homlgren never said he wouldn't buy him out, he will do what's best for the team.

What kind of moronic owner would throw that much money away? It's a business. Is buying out that goalie to replace his contract with other players really going to make him that money back? I think not.

He would more likely wait until Bryz runs to Russia. I would simply not play Bryz until that was the case if I were running the show down there.

What kind of moronic owner would throw that much money away? It's a business. Is buying out that goalie to replace his contract with other players really going to make him that money back? I think not.

He would more likely wait until Bryz runs to Russia. I would simply not play Bryz until that was the case if I were running the show down there.

Archived