The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Again, Eastern media asking about the Canucks

Warhippy

Exactly right. Media has to talk about something relevant so they bring up comparisons to previous cup finals (and the shenanigans involved). Be glad they are talking about us, if they weren't it would be because the team was never good enough to be involved in the conversation.

It's a combination of a few things:

The Canucks have one of the most intense followings of any NHL team, especially on social media/internet. Even Butthead said the Canucks' website has the most traffic of NHL teams. Reporters hope to feed off this (positively or negatively) by being associated with Canucks related questions.

Also, the Nucks made it to the finals recently and are the best Canadian NHL team right now.

It somewhat bothers me that they still reference and mention us, but the fact that they keep bringing us up, just shows how angry they are and how good of a team we actually were. The fact that we're still engrained in their heads that the "antics" that we did against them shows that we're a team that they compare other teams to. We've set the bar for them and if they're gonna compare, so be it. Just the fact that they will always mention us will bring a smile to my face because thats how much they hate us and thats how good our team is.

In all honesty, Canucks and Canucks fans alike should be honoured they're getting mentioned in the same sentence as the Bruins and Blackhawks right now.

We wouldn't last 5 games against either of those teams the way we're standing right now. The current Canucks are well removed from the dominant Presidents Trophy repeaters, while the Blackhawks and Bruins are just as good if not better than they were back then.

Times have changed, we're now the underdogs in these rivalries and we need to be a LOT better to be mentioned in the same sentence as these playoff-proven teams.

probably because that was the most entertaining series in years, despite being horribly outscored the 2011 finals told a story. every single team hated the canucks and it took boston 7 games to beat a team with nothing left in the tank. anyone remember the finals last year? i don't either

It somewhat bothers me that they still reference and mention us, but the fact that they keep bringing us up, just shows how angry they are and how good of a team we actually were. The fact that we're still engrained in their heads that the "antics" that we did against them shows that we're a team that they compare other teams to. We've set the bar for them and if they're gonna compare, so be it. Just the fact that they will always mention us will bring a smile to my face because thats how much they hate us and thats how good our team is.

It is obvious why the Canucks keep coming up in the conversation about the Hawks and Bruins Cup final; both teams had to go through the Nux in order to win their most recent Cups. It's the one thing both teams have in common. Get over yourselves people!

probably because that was the most entertaining series in years, despite being horribly outscored the 2011 finals told a story. every single team hated the canucks and it took boston 7 games to beat a team with nothing left in the tank. anyone remember the finals last year? i don't either

Archived